Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
He's gunna come in like a wreckingball.

miley-cyrus-wrecking-ball.jpg

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
@Bill_Roose
Rookie Mitch Callahan will become the first #RedWings player to wear 57, and just the 12th in club history to don a 50-series jersey number.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Callahan has been a perfect "Holmström" for the Griffins at this season. Great net-front play, makes screens, whacks rebounds an tip-ins in.

Hopefully that will transfer in NHL.

Anchor Town*

Callahan scored a beauty goal during the preseason. Made a Datsyuk-like stick lift to create separation and then made a subtle Datsyuk-like backhand to forehand shelf.

Looking at his numbers in GR, he seems to have some offensive ability that maybe we overlooked as his early days as a "tough, scrappy" prospect.

Almost put up a point per game in his last year in juniors, pretty impressive for a fighter/grinder at that level

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, this will be our 36th man to play for the Wings this year, which ties the most we've had since 93-94....

Can't imagine there's anyone else that will make a debut this year, unless we go on another injury tear without getting anyone back.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
If I'm not mistaken, this will be our 36th man to play for the Wings this year, which ties the most we've had since 93-94....

Can't imagine there's anyone else that will make a debut this year, unless we go on another injury tear without getting anyone back.

Mantha... :naughty:

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Good for Mitch, I hope he plays well. It will be interesting to see how he handles the pace of the NHL game.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Wow lol.

I actually could see the wings trying to spark some toughness against this Jackets team thats played them tough all year. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Callahan Calvert scrap or something along those lines tomorrow at some point

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
long time since the wings have had a guy that would do this

Hopefully we'll see some of this,

or this with some finish

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
The kid has some skill, something many dont realize. And people are acting like its a knock on Mitch when they say he isnt as good of a skater as Ferraro. Callahan is definitely still an above average skater .

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
The kid has some skill, something many dont realize. And people are acting like its a knock on Mitch when they say he isnt as good of a skater as Ferraro. Callahan is definitely still an above average skater .

Am I the only one that doesn't expect him to look fast at the NHL level?

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Detroit Red Wings ‏@DetroitRedWings 1m
Wings recalled LW Mitch Callahan (@Mcally15) from the @griffinshockey & assigned center Landon Ferraro to Griffins.

Not sure what the chances of him actually playing are? Bert should be back Tuesday I'd assume.

Small sample size but I wasn't impressed with Ferraro at all. So it's good to see Cally get his shot.

Chip39

Apr 19, 2013
Yeah Ferraro was in the highlights every night. And not in the good way.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Not many players look good on their first shot. Sheahan didn't, and neither did Tatar. He just needs a bit more time. I'm not sure he's strong enough yet to play his game against NHLers.

Those guys were all younger/less experienced pros when they got call ups. It is concerning that Ferraro is this experienced and looked like he did in his call up. 2 games doesnt make him a write off by any means but given how hes performed in GR this year, his call up and his experience hes gonna need to step it up if he wants to crack the squad next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad