Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Saginaw certainly is not a place I would what my son living and playing. I guess if JR decides to move young Ryan a team in the West would be best. @Cartsy22 sure as heck will miss him.
Well obviously you know nothing about Saginaw. I go they there all the time and it is a fine place to visit and to live. I would have no issue with any of my family living there.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Goofy game today for the Trout. Seemed like everything was going in today. Nice to close out 2018 with a win.

Crazy stretch of road games the Trout are in the middle of. Any word on Walker?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Strange deal it seems with Flint. It seems like there may be a bigger trade coming soon with a big name forward moving?

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Strange deal it seems with Flint. It seems like there may be a bigger trade coming soon with a big name forward moving?

I think they picked up a depth forward who has the potential to step up on the cheap, we've seen this happen a few times over the last couple of seasons. And I would assume they will be sellers at the trade deadline, they now have 16 forwards on their roster so I would not be surprised to see 1-2 of them traded

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I think they picked up a depth forward who has the potential to step up on the cheap, we've seen this happen a few times over the last couple of seasons. And I would assume they will be sellers at the trade deadline, they now have 16 forwards on their roster so I would not be surprised to see 1-2 of them traded

Yeah, prelude to some bodies leaving and picks coming is also how I seen it. Hopefully a good return is coming as there isn't much to deal with in the picks dept. going forward as is.

Reactions: Steel Fishbowl

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Looks like something is going to be announced soon- Saginaw, Duncan Penman and picks-Penman tweeted thanks to Saginaw. Rumour has it McLeod.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
the Spirit send defenseman Duncan Penman, a 2019 third-round pick (LDN), 2020 second-round pick (SAG), 2022 third-round pick (SAG), 2024 third-round pick (SAG), and a conditional draft pick.

Expected a bit more, guess the conditional kicks in if Sag advances through the playoffs?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
the Spirit send defenseman Duncan Penman, a 2019 third-round pick (LDN), 2020 second-round pick (SAG), 2022 third-round pick (SAG), 2024 third-round pick (SAG), and a conditional draft pick.

Expected a bit more, guess the conditional kicks in if Sag advances through the playoffs?
I would think conditional based on OA year.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
McLeod, OA? Don't see that being likely, I would think he comes up short with Edmonton and plays in the A next year.

If that's the case I agree it's doubtful that they will see that conditional pick. Either way they did a good job to replenish some of their draft stock, I would have liked to see another second round pick but I hope Penman will be able to develop into a capable top 4 d-man over the next 2-3 seasons.

Sad to see the end of the McLeod era, it has been an exciting 5 years that was great other than the slight disappointment of last year. Looking forward to building around Harley and crew while still holding on to a playoff spot for this year

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
So does Tippet move? Not many bigger fish (pun intended) than him out there now.

I thought he would be moving at the deadline, no insider info here, but I speculate he does. Makes no sense to keep him, and I doubt he would balk at going to a contender. However, one never knows. I'm hoping they do move him and get a bit more then they got for McLeod.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I thought he would be moving at the deadline, no insider info here, but I speculate he does. Makes no sense to keep him, and I doubt he would balk at going to a contender. However, one never knows. I'm hoping they do move him and get a bit more then they got for McLeod.
I would think he’d fetch a great return.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
If that's the case I agree it's doubtful that they will see that conditional pick. Either way they did a good job to replenish some of their draft stock, I would have liked to see another second round pick but I hope Penman will be able to develop into a capable top 4 d-man over the next 2-3 seasons.

Sad to see the end of the McLeod era, it has been an exciting 5 years that was great other than the slight disappointment of last year.

The McLeods got me interested in this team after finally getting off my lazy behind and going to some games a few years ago. Bit of a drag he is going west to a team that we will not see here again this year.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
The McLeods got me interested in this team after finally getting off my lazy behind and going to some games a few years ago. Bit of a drag he is going west to a team that we will not see here again this year.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I would think he’d fetch a great return.

I would hope so, there still isn't a whole lot of higher draft choices for the Trout. They need some to restock the team and some to trade around as hopefully they contend in a few years.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Do you think they might move Carter?

Who knows, doubt it right now. The contending teams with OA spots open have a lot to choose from if the prices are right and a team like Ham sells. Then again Carter would be a addition and wont cost near as much as some of the other names being bandied about.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I’d have to bring my guitar find a park bench and belt out Saginaw Michigan the old country song from Lefty Frizell :)
Saginaw is a hardcore town with some rough neighborhoods. Guess what? The organization doesn't have the kids walking through those areas wearing LA Dodgers gear at 3am. You're right. There's plenty of areas with cool stuff where you'd be totally fine relaxing, playing your guitar. If you get critiqued by passers by, I'd just stay quiet though.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Saginaw is a hardcore town with some rough neighborhoods. Guess what? The organization doesn't have the kids walking through those areas wearing LA Dodgers gear at 3am. You're right. There's plenty of areas with cool stuff where you'd be totally fine relaxing, playing your guitar. If you get critiqued by passers by, I'd just stay quiet though.
Awe man I hear ya but I generally get along well with anyone who isn’t specifically looking for conflict. All about respect. There are some characters and areas up north here that demand you be street wise. I’m not small either and kind of have a biker look (especially with my headband) so that doesn’t hurt either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad