Mississauga Steelheads 2015 Off-Season Thread ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Burnside- Cianfrone- Nylander
Bourne- McLeod- Bastian
Muzito-Bagenda- McLeod (optimistic, but trade most likely going through)- Tippett
Kutkevicius- Harrogate- Smith
MacIntyre- Clark- Dickerson

No order forward possible line combos

Day- Leblanc
Hague- Walsh
Omanski- Gibson
Bean

Zanussi
Hertz

Bingo! With no Zottl in there it could open a possibility of trading for an OA goalie either early in the season or at the deadline.

devils55

Mar 9, 2012
Outside looking in

Who do you guys believe is on the outside looking in ? Lots of forwards compared to the last couple years, and apparently some decent d-men are trying out for the team!

Here are my forwards and defense not necessarily in order of potential playing time this year.

Fwrds:

- M.Mcleod
- Nylander
- Cianfrone
- Burnside
- Bastian
- Muzito-Bagenda (apparently a beast)
- Tippett
- Clark
- Bourne
- McIntyre
- R.Mcleod
- Harrogate

Outside looking in: Dickerson, Kutkevicius, Smith, Robinson, Donnelly, Gerhart, Missing anyone?

Defense:

Day, Leblanc, Hague, Walsh, Bean, Gibson

Outside looking in: Osmanski, whoever is trying out

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Who do you guys believe is on the outside looking in ? Lots of forwards compared to the last couple years, and apparently some decent d-men are trying out for the team!

Here are my forwards and defense not necessarily in order of potential playing time this year.

Fwrds:

- M.Mcleod
- Nylander
- Cianfrone
- Burnside
- Bastian
- Muzito-Bagenda (apparently a beast)
- Tippett
- Clark
- Bourne
- McIntyre
- R.Mcleod
- Harrogate

Outside looking in: Dickerson, Kutkevicius, Smith, Robinson, Donnelly, Gerhart, Missing anyone?

Defense:

Day, Leblanc, Hague, Walsh, Bean, Gibson

Outside looking in: Osmanski, whoever is trying out

Smith, Robinson, Lattavo, Donnelly and Gerhart for sure! Ideally you want to carry 14 or 15 forwards in case of injuries. I'd prefer a Dickerson or Kutkevicius in the lineup over MacIntyre, younger and more upside.

As for D carry the 7 you have listed there and roll with what is working.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Smith, Robinson, Lattavo, Donnelly and Gerhart for sure! Ideally you want to carry 14 or 15 forwards in case of injuries. I'd prefer a Dickerson or Kutkevicius in the lineup over MacIntyre, younger and more upside.

As for D carry the 7 you have listed there and roll with what is working.

Let's face it. Flint will not be very good this year while the Trout look to be loaded. I wonder if some of these players (on the outside looking in) may be part of a trade package to Flint?

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Let's face it. Flint will not be very good this year while the Trout look to be loaded. I wonder if some of these players (on the outside looking in) may be part of a trade package to Flint?

If you mean in return for your #1 pick not leagally. It must be draft picks only. Other separate trades may occur (nudge,wink)

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario

Far from. Sure, we've made lots of signings this offseason but the majority of our impact players will probably be 16, 17 or 18. Our 19 and 20 year olds will have to have great years for us to be considered loaded. Then there's the conversation about who is goal.

I'm tempering my expectations on the season till we see a team hit the ice in preseason and September.

As for the players being traded for McLeod. McLeod can only be dealt for picks as he would be labelled a defective players who didn't report to training camp. Sure a "cooked" deal at the deadline might be something we see as well but not this early.

devils55

Mar 9, 2012
Rumbles

Hearing rumbles that J.Lodge is coming back, Winnipeg AHL team too stacked so he's getting pushed back a year!

If they go out and land an OA goalie like the rumors suggest, because Martin appears to be backing up in the AHL or starting in the EastCoast, look for them to move one of there OA forwards (Burnside,Cianfrone,Lodge).

OA goalies - J.Smith, Appleby, Perressini, Williams, Giugovaz, Flinn, Graham, Nichols, and Mancina(not OA) but might be available because of D.Wells

Lodge would help out their forward group tremendously, great speed and skill, played great with Mcleod 2nd part of last year, add Nylander to that mix and you got yourself a #1 line.

Lodge - Mcleod - Nylander
Burnside - Cianfrone - Bagenda
Bastian - Clark - Bourne
McIntyre/Harrogate/Kutkevicius - Mcleod - Tippett

If they keep 3 OA fwrds

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Hearing rumbles that J.Lodge is coming back, Winnipeg AHL team too stacked so he's getting pushed back a year!

If they go out and land an OA goalie like the rumors suggest, because Martin appears to be backing up in the AHL or starting in the EastCoast, look for them to move one of there OA forwards (Burnside,Cianfrone,Lodge).

OA goalies - J.Smith, Appleby, Perressini, Williams, Giugovaz, Flinn, Graham, Nichols, and Mancina(not OA) but might be available because of D.Wells

Lodge would help out their forward group tremendously, great speed and skill, played great with Mcleod 2nd part of last year, add Nylander to that mix and you got yourself a #1 line.

Lodge - Mcleod - Nylander
Burnside - Cianfrone - Bagenda
Bastian - Clark - Bourne
McIntyre/Harrogate/Kutkevicius - Mcleod - Tippett

If they keep 3 OA fwrds

That would be great but I'm not sure I'd be 100% in having Lodge back.

Does having him back in the lineup take minutes away from the young core we have/are trying to develop. Would it be better for the franchise to ship him for an OA goalie and restock the cupboard that might be empty after trading for R. McLeod.

I know its never good to look a gift horse in the mouth but would his value to club be higher if traded for team needs and a goalie? Time and time again the Majors/Steelheads held on to star players when it would have been more benficial to trade them and allow the young core to grow and develop together (ie. Didn't trade Brace, Percy, DeMelo a couple years ago and it hurt our 95 and 96 age groups).

Let me know what everyone thinks!

devils55

Mar 9, 2012
That would be great but I'm not sure I'd be 100% in having Lodge back.

Does having him back in the lineup take minutes away from the young core we have/are trying to develop. Would it be better for the franchise to ship him for an OA goalie and restock the cupboard that might be empty after trading for R. McLeod.

I know its never good to look a gift horse in the mouth but would his value to club be higher if traded for team needs and a goalie? Time and time again the Majors/Steelheads held on to star players when it would have been more benficial to trade them and allow the young core to grow and develop together (ie. Didn't trade Brace, Percy, DeMelo a couple years ago and it hurt our 95 and 96 age groups).

Let me know what everyone thinks!

Im not sure if trading your best player at the start of the year with such optimism coming into the year would be too wise, I would get rid of Cianfrone before getting rid of Lodge, and give the "C" to a 96' leader.

You'll be giving up a boat load of picks for Mcleod but you have yourself great young talent in the 98 and 99 group.

See how the start of the year goes, and trade accordingly from there.

But go and get yourself a 95 or 96 goalie.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Im not sure if trading your best player at the start of the year with such optimism coming into the year would be too wise, I would get rid of Cianfrone before getting rid of Lodge, and give the "C" to a 96' leader.

You'll be giving up a boat load of picks for Mcleod but you have yourself great young talent in the 98 and 99 group.

See how the start of the year goes, and trade accordingly from there.

But go and get yourself a 95 or 96 goalie.

Absolutely agree about the goalie. If Zeus can't be a starter then we need to go get one.

Any idea where the rumblings about Lodge coming back are from. Twitter? or elsewhere?

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Blue and White games are next week Tuesday and Wednesday @ 1:30 being played at Hershey Centre Rink #2.

Open to public, season ticket holders, families and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad