Mississauga Steelheads 2015 Off-Season Thread ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
It's got to be becoming tougher for Hague not to commit. I imagine this team (with or without Day) will be a team scouts see very frequently and keep a close watch on.

You've got McLeod, Day (for now), Bastian as sure fire picks right now but also the likes of Dickerson, Gibson, Osmanski, Kutkevicius along with top end 99 in Tippett.

Just my two cents.

devils55

Mar 9, 2012
2015-2016 line up

Burnside(OA) - Cianfrone(OA) - Nylander(hopeful)
Bastian - Mcleod - Tippett
Bourne - Clark - McIntyre
Muzito-Bagenda(hopeful) - Smith - Dickerson

Additional players: Lodge(OA) (probably not) Kutkevicius,Gerhart, Donnelly, Robinson

Leblanc - Hague(hopeful)
Walsh - Day
Osmanski - Bean

Additional - Gibson

Goalies - Trade for literally anyone ...Martin(OA) (Hopeful/probably not)

If Martin comes back or if they can find a decent goalie the team might not be that bad (also Hague and both imports must commit to have decent team)

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Burnside(OA) - Cianfrone(OA) - Nylander(hopeful)
Bastian - Mcleod - Tippett
Bourne - Clark - McIntyre
Muzito-Bagenda(hopeful) - Smith - Dickerson

Additional players: Lodge(OA) (probably not) Kutkevicius,Gerhart, Donnelly, Robinson

Leblanc - Hague(hopeful)
Walsh - Day
Osmanski - Bean

Additional - Gibson

Goalies - Trade for literally anyone ...Martin(OA) (Hopeful/probably not)

If Martin comes back or if they can find a decent goalie the team might not be that bad (also Hague and both imports must commit to have decent team)

I like the roster.

I'm not a fan of 3 right hand shots on that 2nd line, plus Bourne played very well with McLeod and Bastian last year. Gives Tippett some sheltering on 3rd line right away until 2nd half of season maybe.

Also I believe both imports will report. Hague is another situation.

Gibson is over Bean or Osmanski as well.

devils55

Mar 9, 2012
I like the roster.

I'm not a fan of 3 right hand shots on that 2nd line, plus Bourne played very well with McLeod and Bastian last year. Gives Tippett some sheltering on 3rd line right away until 2nd half of season maybe.

Also I believe both imports will report. Hague is another situation.

Gibson is over Bean or Osmanski as well.

If you're playing Bourne in your top 6 you have a serious problem as a coach. He's a prototypical 3rd/4th liner, funny how Missi picked him 10th overall or whatever. If you're playing with Mcleod(arguably your best player) and you scored 1 goal last year, the last game of the year...you're not winning any games!

And I haven't seen Osmanski play but Gibson is a pylon out there. Bean can actually possess the puck.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Not sure what may be happening with Ryan McLeod or other trades Mississauga may make, but currently what 2016 priority picks do the Steelheads currently have? Thank you in advance.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Not sure what may be happening with Ryan McLeod or other trades Mississauga may make, but currently what 2016 priority picks do the Steelheads currently have? Thank you in advance.

The OHL doesn't make it easy for fans to find out the picks that teams hold. Flint will reap a bounty for McLeod whoever gets him.
In the meanwhile keep an eye on which teams seem to be stockpiling draft picks. Once McLeod doesn't report to camp and I'd deemed to be defected a trade will be arranged. The thing is no players will go directly to Flint. It must be picks probably 3-4 2nds + a 3rd as well as a 1st next year as compensation....So far not much movement trade wise but with only a couple weeks to go expect the trading to pick up this coming week....

Last edited:

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Michael McLeod will be playing today for the Gold Medal at the Hlinka against team Sweden and Alexander Nylander. I wonder if there's an extra plane ticket for the trip back to Canada after the game.

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
If you're playing Bourne in your top 6 you have a serious problem as a coach. He's a prototypical 3rd/4th liner, funny how Missi picked him 10th overall or whatever. If you're playing with Mcleod(arguably your best player) and you scored 1 goal last year, the last game of the year...you're not winning any games!

And I haven't seen Osmanski play but Gibson is a pylon out there. Bean can actually possess the puck.

OMG, let's get one thing straight and that's that Bean can skate and play rather well. He may go relatively unnoticed cause he transitions the puck in a generally timely manner. He doesn't need to try and be flashy since it's WAY more effective for the TEAM CAUSE when a D-man can help smoothly transition the puck to the Forwards and break out successfully as often as possible. I'd take that style of D-man any day of the week when building a team as there's only so many wannabe Bobby Orr's you can have on a team.

devils55

Mar 9, 2012
OMG, let's get one thing straight and that's that Bean can skate and play rather well. He may go relatively unnoticed cause he transitions the puck in a generally timely manner. He doesn't need to try and be flashy since it's WAY more effective for the TEAM CAUSE when a D-man can help smoothly transition the puck to the Forwards and break out successfully as often as possible. I'd take that style of D-man any day of the week when building a team as there's only so many wannabe Bobby Orr's you can have on a team.

We're on the same page here JSavoire, Bean is a role player that does his job, I would play him over Gibson anyday.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
New logo launched today officially. I actually don't mind the new logo on the old jerseys. Makes what I have now not completely outdated which is a plus I guess.

Picture and article below.

http://mississaugasteelheads.com/article/steelheads-launch-new-team-logo

CMstxJ_U8AALdNF.png:large

CMsxT89UYAAKBrp.jpg

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
@OHLSteelheads Forward @B_Harrogate_16 has committed to the Steelheads. Welcome Brendan!

From what I saw last year at the training camp scrimmages and his stats this year is the kid can definitely score, which is always a good thing.

devils55

Mar 9, 2012
New additions

The commitments of Nic Hague, Brendan Harrogate and Luke Kutkevicius have solidified some of their depth issues from last year. Still wondering about the two import picks, any news ?

If Spencer Martin does not come back, and if Missi can acquire a decent OHL caliber goalie, and have both imports commit, the team might find themselves near the top of the conference!

You're looking at a good top 6 with Nylander, Cianfrone, Burnside, Mcleod, Bastian and possibly Tippett

Good bottom six guys/role players like Bourne, Clark, McIntyre, Muzito-Bagenda, Harrogate, Kutkevicius and Dickerson

Along with an improved top 4 made up of Day, Leblanc, Walsh and Hague.

My problem right now is still the goalie situation, without Martin the team is hopeless if they don't make a trade. W/ Martin they could be a force if Boyd decides to open up his low scoring system and let his skilled players play.

The additions of Nylander and Muzito-Bagenda would help put this team in a position to succeed.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
The commitments of Nic Hague, Brendan Harrogate and Luke Kutkevicius have solidified some of their depth issues from last year. Still wondering about the two import picks, any news ?

If Spencer Martin does not come back, and if Missi can acquire a decent OHL caliber goalie, and have both imports commit, the team might find themselves near the top of the conference!

You're looking at a good top 6 with Nylander, Cianfrone, Burnside, Mcleod, Bastian and possibly Tippett

Good bottom six guys/role players like Bourne, Clark, McIntyre, Muzito-Bagenda, Harrogate, Kutkevicius and Dickerson

Along with an improved top 4 made up of Day, Leblanc, Walsh and Hague.

My problem right now is still the goalie situation, without Martin the team is hopeless if they don't make a trade. W/ Martin they could be a force if Boyd decides to open up his low scoring system and let his skilled players play.

The additions of Nylander and Muzito-Bagenda would help put this team in a position to succeed.

The added additions definitely enhance the team but with the amount off 98's that will be on this roster I suggest next year be more of a go-for-it year. Let the names you mentioned above plus the young 99's adjust to the league. Hope that a drafted McLeod and Nylander return and there's your top of the conference team IMO. Regardless this team will be better this year and should find itself back in the playoffs.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Alex Nylander and Ryan Mcleod expected to be Mississauga Steelheads soon!

Nylander signing should come soon and a trade for McLeod should come shortly after Flint opens training camp this week.

Good stuff! I'm becoming more and more excited with each day that goes by.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Burnside- Cianfrone- Nylander
Bourne- McLeod- Bastian
Muzito-Bagenda- McLeod (optimistic, but trade most likely going through)- Tippett
Kutkevicius- Harrogate- Smith
MacIntyre- Clark- Dickerson

No order forward possible line combos

Day- Leblanc
Hague- Walsh
Omanski- Gibson
Bean

Zanussi
Hertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad