MacIntyre - Rozanov - Dickerson
McFarland - Smith - Gerhart

Day - Walsh
Leblanc - Gibson
Zottl - Bean
Osmanski

Zanussi

Couple of notes

- I fully expect the Trout to trade for Ryan McLeod, where he then slots in this line up could be anywhere. Maybe Boyd opts to play the brothers together and one of Bourne or Bastian move down.

- If Day gets dealt then it also changes the lineup drastically. We could see Jamieson or Gleason slot into our top 4 dmen and any other roster players could crack the top 9 forwards (Berisha, Pu, etc...)

- How will the imports fare? Nylander is a top line player if/when he commits. Muzito Bagenda I have no info on but is an older guy and could play well with some younger line mates like a Ryan McLeod or Owen Tippett.

- We need a starting goalie. Zanussi is a quality goalie but not a starter in the OHL. Fotinos, Mancina, Giugovaz, etc.. are all options in my books especially with the ability to carry 4 overagers for a while.

Mancina is a 96, no overage spot!

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
There is no way Peterborough will trade Matt Mancina He is their starting goaltender.

Here's my updated projected roster for the upcoming season

Burnside - Cianfrone - Nylander
Bourne - McLeod - Bastian
Muzito Bagenda - Clark - Tippett
MacIntyre - Rozanov - Dickerson
McFarland - Smith - Gerhart

Day - Walsh
Leblanc - Gibson
Zottl - Bean
Osmanski

Zanussi

Couple of notes

- I fully expect the Trout to trade for Ryan McLeod, where he then slots in this line up could be anywhere. Maybe Boyd opts to play the brothers together and one of Bourne or Bastian move down.

- If Day gets dealt then it also changes the lineup drastically. We could see Jamieson or Gleason slot into our top 4 dmen and any other roster players could crack the top 9 forwards (Berisha, Pu, etc...)

- How will the imports fare? Nylander is a top line player if/when he commits. Muzito Bagenda I have no info on but is an older guy and could play well with some younger line mates like a Ryan McLeod or Owen Tippett.

- We need a starting goalie. Zanussi is a quality goalie but not a starter in the OHL. Fotinos, Mancina, Giugovaz, etc.. are all options in my books especially with the ability to carry 4 overagers for a while.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
That may be true, but you still will want to keep Matt Mancina, as a 17 year old can falter. I expect that Matt Mancina will likely get 35 to 40 games and Dylan Wells 28 to 33 games this coming season.

I bet Wells steals the starting role from Mancina by the 2 month mark...

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
What's up with Day. Are we still thinking he is worth Pu Gleason and a few seconds... i can't see that happening.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
looks like the Steelheads are getting a new logo

not sure why the URL to the article is blocked? here's a tweet showing it:

joe66

Jan 14, 2010
Toronto
Still might be early, but anyone hear any news or rumors from the Ryan McLeod camp. I know he's flint property, nonetheless, if the Steelheads can trade for him; the depth at forward could allow them to challenge for a championship.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
It all depends on how much the Knights still want him. With Werenski and the new Finnish import coming London may be a little stacked on the back end.

Ryan McLeod will end up in Missy eventually, I'm not sure if we have enough picks right now to get him so that to could hinge on a potential Day trade.

Werenski is going back to Michigan

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Still might be early, but anyone hear any news or rumors from the Ryan McLeod camp. I know he's flint property, nonetheless, if the Steelheads can trade for him; the depth at forward could allow them to challenge for a championship.

Not this year, still too young. We need the young guns (McLeod, Bastian, Tippett et al) to develop first and build around that core of players.

Werenski is going back to Michigan

I saw that, guess that ship sailed.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
McLeod with a short handed assist for Team Canada in a 3 to 1 win over Czech Republic in Hlinka opener.

Macker88

Jul 15, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Hauge isn't signed. At the U18's a reporter asked him his intentions for the 2015-2016 season, he replied with he's uncertain at this point, but will have a decision in the next week or so. He also added that making the U18 or not would have an impact on if he signed in the O or went else where.

Given that he did not make the U18 roster, he may feel he needs the exposure of the OHL to enhance his draft stock, exposure that making the U18 would have given him.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Is Nylander coming over - any word on this?

Reports state that both imports. Nylander & Bagenda will report. Who knows when though.

Hauge isn't signed. At the U18's a reporter asked him his intentions for the 2015-2016 season, he replied with he's uncertain at this point, but will have a decision in the next week or so. He also added that making the U18 or not would have an impact on if he signed in the O or went else where.

Given that he did not make the U18 roster, he may feel he needs the exposure of the OHL to enhance his draft stock, exposure that making the U18 would have given him.

Hopefully he sees it that way. Would be a great addition to the back end.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA

I think he will report this upcoming fall, but who knows. Regardless of if he plays in the OHL or not, scouts will find you if you're good enough. Obviously the league does help, but it doesn't mean they aren't watching if you aren't playing major junior.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
I think he will report this upcoming fall, but who knows. Regardless of if he plays in the OHL or not, scouts will find you if you're good enough. Obviously the league does help, but it doesn't mean they aren't watching if you aren't playing major junior.

Could very well be a scenario like Jared Walsh 2 seasons ago. He committed to the Steelheads very late in September, day before home opener or something like that I believe.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
NHL Fanatic: Hague birthdate is December 1998. Shouldn't his NHL draft year be 2017?

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
NHL Fanatic: Hague birthdate is December 1998. Shouldn't his NHL draft year be 2017?

Eligibility rules state that a player must be 18 before or on September 15th to be eligible for NHL Draft, which is why Bastian as a 97' is eligible for his first draft this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad