Missed Icing? Sweden vs. Russia. + Lehner Reaction

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
^ Oh ffs.. Always need someone to blame don't you? Why not start a hate-group on facebook? :help:

We didn't start to play until the third, with most of our key-players playing poorly.
Russia won, deal with it.

EDIT: Ah, I agree THIS was on them, read too fast there.. ;)

Last edited:

The Fuhr*

The Swedes were up 3-2 with like three minutes left... only have themselves to blame

Magnum Crackoff

Nov 14, 2006
The swede D didn't make any effort at all to catch the puck off the boards. You have to try and get it, not just let it pass and assume it is icing.

Jedrik

Aug 14, 2005
He said something like "This wouldn't have happened if we were playing Canada, that's for sure," but I didn't hear the full interview or get the context. What was he saying?

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
He said something like "This wouldn't have happened if we were playing Canada, that's for sure," but I didn't hear the full interview or get the context. What was he saying?

He said the refs have double standards and something like this wouldn't have happened to Canada.

What that game has to do with Canada, I don't know.

inoajd

Dec 11, 2010
Truth hurts.

That's why I said Captain Liarliarpantsonfiar. I blame the team as much as anyone.

Nemeth + Erixon were atrocious and both of them on the ice on the 3-3 goal.

I think he was saying the refs would've had a higher standard than that in a game against Canada.

Sher-Wood

May 12, 2003
Sweden
No matter the icing call, Sweden played like crap and lost fair and square. Too bad the russian players could not handle the win very well after the SO. But after all russians are russians.

inoajd

Dec 11, 2010
Swedes and their conspiracy theories. . . I thought it was just the ones that use HFboards. . .

He didn't say anything about any conspiracy.

Some people really are close to cavemen in their heads. :laugh:

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
He didn't say anything about any conspiracy.

Some people really are close to cavemen in their heads. :laugh:

Insulting someone else's intelligence, when you obviously need a pretty straight forward comment like that explained to you?

inoajd

Dec 11, 2010
Insulting someone else's intelligence, when you obviously need a pretty straight forward comment like that explained to you?

You think he's talking about some conspiracy when all he said the refs would've been better if Sweden played against Canada? That's the opposite of what the trolls on this forum are saying.

I'm gonna guess you didn't actually see the interview. If you did you're just hearing what you want to hear based on what you've read from trolls on here. :laugh:

There's no conspiracy theory to be made out of what he said. Do I need to quote and explain every word he said for you to get it?

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
is it icing if it goes through the goalie half-circle? because it barely did. NCAA rules used to not count icing that way. not sure if they still do, but that was the first thing I thought of

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
^ Everything I can find says that that particular rule is no longer in effect in IIHF competitions. The Russian commentators kept talking about it in the video above and I'm assuming that rule still exists in the KHL, but it doesn't in international play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad