Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Imagine only being the 2nd best center from Arizona

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
He also has a career high of 33 goals. AM had more than that as a rookie. Couts can play all the defence he wants but its crazy to say he is more valuable than Matthews. If they were the same age, maybe
Which is more valuable:

Player A) scores 40 goals and 90 points. Is on ice for 120 goals for and 110 against

Player B) scores 35 goals and 75 points. Is on ice for 100 goals for and 75 against.

I'll take player B if I want to win games.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Guys, just let that shit go. Last thing we need is angry mob of leaf pitchforkers migrating here cause this clown goes back to the toronto board and tells them all "lol flyers fans think Couturier is generational" .

Weve got enough bad takes on this board. We dont need the leafs ones too.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Guys, just let that **** go. Last thing we need is angry mob of leaf pitchforkers migrating here cause this clown goes back to the toronto board and tells them all "lol flyers fans think Couturier is generational" .

Weve got enough bad takes on this board. We dont need the leafs ones too.
I think an angry mob of Leaf fans would be far more entertaining than our crop of predictable bad apples. :laugh:

Especially since their weakness is gifs. We’ve been training for this moment for years!

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
You’re really getting caught up on this goal scoring issue my man. Like it’s the only statistic which to judge a player on....

I rather have the center that can ply selke level defense with 75 points then one that just puts up 85 points. Also not factoring in contract at all.

matthews is an excellent player, I would take him here in a heartbeat. But not at that price in the original post and not involving Couts in an scenario.

I know it’s difficult to believe other teams fans just don’t value your superstar as much as you do..... but you eventually move on
The thing is they arent comparable offensively when age is considered. When Couts was Matthews' age he put up 37 points. Matthews already has 2 ppg seasons and a 40 goal season. When Matthews is 27 God knows what he is doing offensively. Probably a consisntent 50 goal 100 point guy. Couts can play all the defence he wants but they arent comparable offensively or age wise

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He also has a career high of 33 goals. AM had more than that as a rookie. Couts can play all the defence he wants but its crazy to say he is more valuable than Matthews. If they were the same age, maybe
Shocking...a Leafs fan that just brushes away playing defense. And not only defense, but Selke level defense.

And of course, keeps brushing off Couts being 7 million a year cheaper.

We are happy with Couts and wouldn't move him. That should be obvious to you now. You can go back your own board and pine over Matthews all day there....except there is a vocal group that dislike Matthews and what he brings to the table for 11.6 million. See how there isn't that for Couts?

Oh...and for those who don't know, this guy is also arguing about JT being better than Giroux in the polls section and tried to use "Tavares' faceoff ability is valuable alone" as one of the reasons. He just isn't knowledgeable about other teams players. Hell, there are Pens fans defending Giroux in that thread even.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Shocking...a Leafs fan that just brushes away playing defense. And not only defense, but Selke level defense.

And of course, keeps brushing off Couts being 7 million a year cheaper.

We are happy with Couts and wouldn't move him. That should be obvious to you now. You can go back your own board and pine over Matthews all day there....except there is a vocal group that dislike Matthews and what he brings to the table for 11.6 million. See how there isn't that for Couts?

Oh...and for those who don't know, this guy is also arguing about JT being better than Giroux in the polls section and tried to use "Tavares' faceoff ability is valuable alone" as one of the reasons. He just isn't knowledgeable about other teams players. Hell, there are Pens fans defending Giroux in that thread even.
Couts can play all the defence he wants but they are not comparable offensively or age wise. When Couts was the same age as Matthews he put up 37 points. Matthews already has 2 ppg seasons and a 40 goal year under his belt. When Matthews is 27 I dont even wanna know what he is doing offensively. Likely a 50+ goal 100+ point guy. Couts is great defensively but age wise and offensively isnt close to Matthews.

Why bring up Tavares Giroux? For that matter, they put up comparable points last year but Tavares had 47 goals to 22. I take the big goalscoring center

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Couts can play all the defence he wants but they are not comparable offensively or age wise. When Couts was the same age as Matthews he put up 37 points. Matthews already has 2 ppg seasons and a 40 goal year under his belt. When Matthews is 27 I dont even wanna know what he is doing offensively. Likely a 50+ goal 100+ point guy. Couts is great defensively but age wise and offensively isnt close to Matthews.

Why bring up Tavares Giroux? For that matter, they put up comparable points last year but Tavares had 47 goals to 22. I take the big goalscoring center
Can you write these stats again, some may have not seen them.

Again, we know what Matthews is. We also know what he isn't. Unlike you, we watch other teams games. Hell, living in Atlantic Canada I am privy to all the Matthews slobbering on TSN and SN on the daily. But even they are starting to admit his flaws.

You keep your 11.6 million dollar 80ish point guy who plays no defense, and we keep our 4.33 million dollar 75 point guy who plays Selke level defense. EZPZ.

I brought up the G vs JT to show how clueless you are when you didn't even know about Giroux taking faceoffs let alone how good he is at them. It just further shows your lack of knowledge.

Now go on now.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
People are quoting me. Am I just supposed to not argue my point? No

Some people enjoy reading other opinions.

It's for the sake of discussion, and for some entertainment, so I hope you do continue posting.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Some days I just need a reminder why I felt sorry for Maple Leafs landing Drake Hopkirk

These were some of those days and this is the reminder :laugh:

Reactions: Amorgus

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Can you write these stats again, some may have not seen them.

Again, we know what Matthews is. We also know what he isn't. Unlike you, we watch other teams games. Hell, living in Atlantic Canada I am privy to all the Matthews slobbering on TSN and SN on the daily. But even they are starting to admit his flaws.

You keep your 11.6 million dollar 80ish point guy who plays no defense, and we keep our 4.33 million dollar 75 point guy who plays Selke level defense. EZPZ.

I brought up the G vs JT to show how clueless you are when you didn't even know about Giroux taking faceoffs let alone how good he is at them. It just further shows your lack of knowledge.

Now go on now.
The 75 point defensive guy is 27 with a career high of 33 goals. The ppg guy is 22 with a career high of 40 goals. Couts' deal expires in 3 years when he is 30. Are you going to sign him long term at $10+? Matthews is easily worth his contract with how the market is going.

I didnt mention Girouxs faceoffs I mentioned the significant difference in goals

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
The thing is they arent comparable offensively when age is considered. When Couts was Matthews' age he put up 37 points. Matthews already has 2 ppg seasons and a 40 goal season. When Matthews is 27 God knows what he is doing offensively. Probably a consisntent 50 goal 100 point guy. Couts can play all the defence he wants but they arent comparable offensively or age wise
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig