Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
giphy.gif
Ok this is a bit more relevent but when the argument stops and the gifs come out... Just sayin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Arizona beats us in regulation. Then loses to Pitt. It’s taking forever for the pens to go away! I’d love to eliminate them in the playoffs.

"Hard times create strong men
Strong men create good times
Good times create weak men
Weak men create hard times"

Its actually sad where this world is heading in my opinion.

That’s a cool quote and true at least a few times. Social media can be good as you see it has the power to out peters as well as Cosby and Weinstein. Problem is it doesn’t know when to quit or take the foot off the pedal.

I like Couts alot but to say you'd take him straight up over him is bias. He is also 5 years older

Leafs vs Flyers in the playoffs. You want Couts or Matthews? Hint: Couts is better than Bergeron now a days and you guys can’t beat him. Couts can shutdown anyone and put up near ppg pace. That’s impressive. It’s insanely valuable. And he’s getting paid nothing to do it.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Arizona beats us in regulation. Then loses to Pitt. It’s taking forever for the pens to go away! I’d love to eliminate them in the playoffs.

That’s a cool quote and true at least a few times. Social media can be good as you see it has the power to out peters as well as Cosby and Weinstein. Problem is it doesn’t know when to quit or take the foot off the pedal.

Leafs vs Flyers in the playoffs. You want Couts or Matthews? Hint: Couts is better than Bergeron now a days and you guys can’t beat him. Couts can shutdown anyone and put up near ppg pace. That’s impressive. It’s insanely valuable. And he’s getting paid nothing to do it.
Couts is 5 years older and a ufa 2 years sooner.

So uhhhh...

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Ok this is a bit more relevent but when the argument stops and the gifs come out... Just sayin

Is it an argument when the counterpoint consists of "It's the truth, the truuuuttthhh!"?

You value Matthews differently than we value Couturier. I doubt any of us are changing each other's minds here, so let's call it a day, shall we?

Reactions: DaphneLion

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Broooo... Couts turns 27 tomorrow and hasnt had a ppg season. He is great defensively but to say that is kinda crazy. I know im on philly's board but come on

You dont know what the hell you're talking about.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
I like Couts alot but to say you'd take him straight up over him is bias. He is also 5 years older
Bro, I understand your point. Yeah, Matthews is younger, better goal-scorer and should have higher upside than Couturier. Yes.

But on another side, Couturier is proven, is TOP2 two-way center in the league overally in past 3 years with Bergeron. And in this league contracts are f***ing important to success as a team. Couturier earns about 7 milion less. 7 million is f***ing big difference (if only we wouldn't use this for JVR, shit...).

And you can't look only for goals or points, there are some another important things. Especially their influence on teammates (on-ice of course). And Couturier is a that center who makes his wingers so much better players.

It's just like this:

choose between Sergei Fedorov (from his prime years, *expect his 120 points season* and probably will resign with your team again as his contract expires .. I belive that Couts will resign with us) and John Tavares (in 22 years for next 5 years).

*Couts probably will not score these points even in adjusted. But else their numbers are comparables and both are elite in defense.

And sorry, I would choose Sergei Fedorov every day.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
You dont know what the hell you're talking about.
He also has a career high of 33 goals. AM had more than that as a rookie. Couts can play all the defence he wants but its crazy to say he is more valuable than Matthews. If they were the same age, maybe

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Bro, I understand your point. Yeah, Matthews is younger, better goal-scorer and should have higher upside than Couturier. Yes.

But on another side, Couturier is proven, is TOP2 two-way center in the league overally in past 3 years with Bergeron. And in this league contracts are ****ing important to success as a team. Couturier earns about 7 milion less. 7 million is ****ing big difference (if only we wouldn't use this for JVR, ****...).

And you can't look only for goals or points, there are some another important things. Especially their influence on teammates (on-ice of course). And Couturier is a that center who makes his wingers so much better players.

It's just like this:

choose between Sergei Fedorov (from his prime years, *expect his 120 points season* and probably will resign with your team again as his contract expires .. I belive that Couts will resign with us) and John Tavares (in 22 years for next 5 years).

*Couts probably will not score these points even in adjusted. But else their numbers are comparables and both are elite in defense.

And sorry, I would choose Sergei Fedorov every day.
Literally the only thing Couts has on Matthews is defence. Thats literally it. Matthews is a better goal scorer and point getter. Not to mention the massive age difference. For example this is Matthews' 4th year. He has already had a 40 goal year and 2 ppg seasons. Will likely accomplish both this year. In Couts' 4th year he had 37 points.

I know you flyers fans love Couts. I get it. But he isnt on the same tier as Matthews. They are not comparable. This is like me saying that A 27 year old Dermott is better than a 22 year old Provorov

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Literally the only thing Couts has on Matthews is defence. Thats literally it. Matthews is a better goal scorer and point getter. Not to mention the massive age difference. For example this is Matthews' 4th year. He has already had a 40 goal year and 2 ppg seasons. Will likely accomplish both this year. In Couts' 4th year he had 37 points.

I know you flyers fans love Couts. I get it. But he isnt on the same tier as Matthews. They are not comparable. This is like me saying that A 27 year old Dermott is better than a 22 year old Provorov
Oh. Ok, let's try read my post again or else I can say only: Oh, ok.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Couts scores goals while not getting scored against and shutting down the other teams best player. It’s not hard to imagine how valuable that is. Then you add Frost who looks like he will be a very productive player and Myers who may be our best dman in a few years ( I think #2 to provy) and it’s such an easy no.

Reactions: Cody Webster

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I don't understsnd why leafs want to trade for older center in Couts if he isn't even in the same league as Matthews? Also didn't leafs claim Kadri is some selke stalwart and better than Couts not too long ago?

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
He also has a career high of 33 goals. AM had more than that as a rookie. Couts can play all the defence he wants but its crazy to say he is more valuable than Matthews. If they were the same age, maybe
You’re really getting caught up on this goal scoring issue my man. Like it’s the only statistic which to judge a player on....

I rather have the center that can ply selke level defense with 75 points then one that just puts up 85 points. Also not factoring in contract at all.

matthews is an excellent player, I would take him here in a heartbeat. But not at that price in the original post and not involving Couts in an scenario.

I know it’s difficult to believe other teams fans just don’t value your superstar as much as you do..... but you eventually move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad