Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Lol yes..this is gonna be the end of us...

Not the rich and corporations destroying the planet and siphoning all of the wealth out of the middle class since the 80s and turning the country into an Oligarchy....nope...its social media cancel culture that will REALLY end us all!!!
aside from the planet destruction stuff...the rich have always gotten over on "peasants". This is history 101.

Reactions: Rebels57

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
passes is an understatement. I don't want AMs 11m contract. He's not a consistent enough impact player.
He had 40 goals as a rookie and would have hit 40 goals the last 2 years as well if not injured, as well as ppg. Pretty consistent 40 goal ppg guy when healthy all year

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Broooo... Couts turns 27 tomorrow and hasnt had a ppg season. He is great defensively but to say that is kinda crazy. I know im on philly's board but come on
I would take a 76 point C signed for 4.33 million for 3 years that also delivers Selke defense vs a 86 point C who is poor defensively and signed for 11.6 million for 5 years.

Matthews impacts the game when he scores or gets points. Couturier impacts the game whoever has the puck.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I would take a 76 point C signed for 4.33 million for 3 years that also delivers Selke defense vs a 86 point C who is poor defensively and signed for 11.6 million for 5 years.

Matthews impacts the game when he scores or gets points. Couturier impacts the game whoever has the puck.
I like Couts alot but to say you'd take him straight up over him is bias. He is also 5 years older

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Deja vu

What year is it?

anigif_enhanced-1732-1457980756-2.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I like Couts alot but to say you'd take him straight up over him is bias. He is also 5 years older
Age won't matter when Matthews is going to leave after his contract...or you have to bribe him 14 million to stay.

You just don't understand the concept of a good deal. For the next 3 years, we will pay Couts and Konecny almost 2 million less than Matthews. Couts deal is too fantastic to trade.

As I said before, Matthews impacts the game when he produces. Couts can impact it every shift points or not.

Reactions: DaphneLion

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Age won't matter when Matthews is going to leave after his contract...or you have to bribe him 14 million to stay.

You just don't understand the concept of a good deal. For the next 3 years, we will pay Couts and Konecny almost 2 million less than Matthews. Couts deal is too fantastic to trade.

As I said before, Matthews impacts the game when he produces. Couts can impact it every shift points or not.
In 3-5 years after the expansion and TV deal the cap will have risen a lot. In 5 years I wont be surprised to see a Matthews level player get 14 mil. Also Couts will get get more than double his current deal in 3 years as that is after the TV deal/expansion

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
In 3-5 years after the expansion and TV deal the cap will have risen a lot. In 5 years I wont be surprised to see a Matthews level player get 14 mil. Also Couts will get get more than double his current deal in 3 years as that is after the TV deal/expansion

You missed the point. And he isn’t alone on this board with the same view point. From the flyers perspective Couts is worth more at his cost then we’d get from Mathews

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Double his deal...and he is still 3 million cheaper than Matthews for 2 years....then 5-6 million cheaper afterwards.

We are cool with our 70+ point C who provides Selke defense. Off to the main boards you go.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
You missed the point. And he isn’t alone on this board with the same view point. From the flyers perspective Couts is worth more at his cost then we’d get from Mathews
I understand philly preferring to keep their guy. every team likes their own guys. But to say he is more valuable is just incorrect

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Double his deal...and he is still 3 million cheaper than Matthews for 2 years....then 5-6 million cheaper afterwards.

We are cool with our 70+ point C who provides Selke defense. Off to the main boards you go.
I dont blame you for wanting to keep your guy. But to say he is more valuable is just wrong. He is also 5 years older and 2 years less term

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Couts gets paid roughly $57, 000 for each point he gets. Matthews gets paid $135,000

The value is too good....then add in the way better defense, the PKing and the superior effort of Couts.

And yet in that thread, someone wanted Couts AND Konecny...who is on pace for 70+ points himself.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Couts is more valuable b/c he makes everyone who plays with him better, and does everything, top FO guy, top PK guy, solid PP guy and shutdown defensive center.
Oh yeah, and he'll get you 40-50 ES points as well.

Guys like Matthews and JT put up points, but don't necessarily contribute to winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad