Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Oilers
Flyers
Sabres
Avalanche

Combined 16-0-2
3 of the 4 (Flyers, Sabres, Oilers) have new coaches
3 of the 4 (Flyers, Sabres, Avalanche) are among the youngest teams in the league.

Average age (league average 27.7)
Flyers 26.0
Colorado 26.3
Buffalo 26.6
Oilers 27.8

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Subban May have one of the worst contracts in the NHL.
Shit no can't be, there are a bunch on here who wanted us to trade for him cause he is so great . He is a look at me , i'm so great , pass me the puck , hey i'm banging my stick pass me the puck now . Hockey is a team sport not a me , I sport . He will make a great broadcaster or color commentator but hockey wise he is so over rated but more and more people are figuring this out .

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Let's not write Subban's obituary just yet. That team is a total dumpster fire right now. He looked pretty good vs. Edmonton.

Its almost as if bad coaching and bad teammates can take a guys statline, cause him to do too much, and look bad in the process.

OH, wait, we arent talking about Provorov here? Whoops, my bad.

Reactions: kudymen

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Oilers
Flyers
Sabres
Avalanche

Combined 16-0-2
3 of the 4 (Flyers, Sabres, Oilers) have new coaches
3 of the 4 (Flyers, Sabres, Avalanche) are among the youngest teams in the league.

Average age (league average 27.7)
Flyers 26.0
Colorado 26.3
Buffalo 26.6
Oilers 27.8
Do we have the youngest team?

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Its almost as if bad coaching and bad teammates can take a guys statline, cause him to do too much, and look bad in the process.

OH, wait, we arent talking about Provorov here? Whoops, my bad.

I think we'll learn quite a bit about how coaching and teammates impact advanced metrics if Provorov-Braun continue to be our best possession pairing. I'm guessing it'll be Sanheim-Niskanen though.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Hockey-reference.com calculates team age by TOI. The Flyers' average age will go up quite a bit once Elliott is getting 1/4 or 1/3 of the minutes. I'm guessing we're the only team in the league that hasn't used its backup goalie yet.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Hockey-reference.com calculates team age by TOI. The Flyers' average age will go up quite a bit once Elliott is getting 1/4 or 1/3 of the minutes. I'm guessing we're the only team in the league that hasn't used its backup goalie yet.

Ypu might be right. Even with their incredibly light schedule, the rangers have still used their backup. Weird.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
And Edmonton's average age is really thrown off by its goalies. The Oilers didn't strike me as an "old" team so I looked; they only have two skaters over 30 (Neal and Russell). Their goalies are Smith (37) and Koskinen (31) and Smith has gotten more starts so far.

But they don't have any really young players either. Most of the roster is 25-29.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Ypu might be right. Even with their incredibly light schedule, the rangers have still used their backup. Weird.
Ughh, remember those off-season takes: are rangers the most improved team in the league. After all they added Kravtsov, Kaako, Trouba and Panarin?
Yet somehow they forgot to mention Hayes, Zuccarelo and Shatty departing. Now you can even throw Namestinkov into the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad