Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
No matter what happens to the Flyers this season, we can hopefully say "At least they're not the Stars.". It's like watching an alumni team play.

[mod]

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Subban May have one of the worst contracts in the NHL.

Memba' when people on this board wanted to trade 11th overall for Subban this summer?

tenor.gif

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Memba' when people on this board wanted to trade 11th overall for Subban this summer?

tenor.gif

I'll preface this by saying that I wouldn't have made that trade, but I think Subban would still look good on this team; the problem is that he's more of a pure-offensive 1D, all-around 2/3 and NJ doesn't have many defensive D outside of the all-rounder Vatanen. He can't do what he wants to do without the team getting blown up.

NJ is this strange case where they "seem" to have really improved, but ultimately every single piece is flawed in such a way that they aren't really able to accommodate and appropriately shelter. They don't have speedy, gritty forwards that can generate space for Hughes. They don't have even one defensively responsible winger that can account for Gusev's miserable play off the puck. They don't have one defensive D that can allow Subban to run free. They don't have even one strong-on-the-puck, playmaking center that can synergize with dead-legs Simmonds.

Last edited:

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I'll preface this by saying that I wouldn't have made that trade, but I think Subban would still look good on this team; the problem is that he's more of a pure-offensive 1D, all-around 2/3 and NJ doesn't have many defensive D outside of the all-rounder Vatanen. He can't do what he wants to do without the team getting blown up.

NJ is this strange case where they "seemed" to have really improved, but ultimately every single piece was flawed in such a way that they aren't really able to accommodate. They don't have speedy, gritty forwards that can generate space for Hughes. They don't have even one defensively responsible winger that can account for Gusev. They don't have one defensive D that can allow Subban to run free. They don't have even one strong-on-the-puck, playmaking center that can synergize with dead-legs Simmonds.
The need someone like Provorov. Instead they have Zacha lol.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Subban was never worth 11th overall. That was bananalands like many pre-draft summer proposals.

Saying he would outperform Braun + Niskanen is still likely and probable but people only needed two weeks to plant their flag. :dunno:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Subban was never worth 11th overall. That was bananalands like many pre-draft summer proposals.

Saying he would outperform Braun + Niskanen is still likely and probable but people only needed two weeks to plant their flag. :dunno:

Yeah I was out there overvaluing the hell out of Subban. Didn't realize how much cap space was gonna be the top asset this offseason.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Colorado, Buffalo, and Edmonton are the 3 best teams in the league right now. Basically like everyone expected.

Colorado has an interesting team though. They may be dangerous this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad