Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXXII - A full set of teeth (September edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Arguably their best player because he scored a ton of Points and that matters most in contract negotiations or because you think he might be?

I probably would have ended up trading Marner because his demands were so high, so I'm not approaching it from the same angle as Dubas, but I still can't concoct any reasonable argument Marner is likely the best of that bunch.

All of them have majorly positive trade value on their contracts, so I would argue that by definition there are ways out if it doesn't work.

I just am a huge fan by how marner opens up so much time and space for himself and his linemates in the ozone . That type of impact right there is up with Kane, Gaudreau, and Kucherov. Ultimately A guy like that would be best suited to be centered by a guy like coots or barkov, TML just doesn't have anyone like that.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
This is a world worth living in. With both the future, and dinosaurs, coexisting, in harmony, and war.

dinoriders1_3622.jpg

Holy shit, thats a blast from the past.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I just am a huge fan by how marner opens up so much time and space for himself and his linemates in the ozone . That type of impact right there is up with Kane, Gaudreau, and Kucherov. Ultimately A guy like that would be best suited to be centered by a guy like coots or barkov, TML just doesn't have anyone like that.
Kadri was like that. Just makes it more tasty, looking forward to another TML playoff exit.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Kerfot or what's his name has some crazy numbers though.

Reactions: Jtown

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

You mean a Center who can drag seemingly anyone to respectability no matter how you deploy him? One who's made a career out of getting his Wingers overpaid through absurd shot quality and percentage boosts?

Right, Tavares is perfect to prop a guy like Marner up beyond what he could otherwise be.

To be clear, Marner's very, very good and we agree completely on what he does well. There are just indicators that he didn't have quite the ridiculous year he did if you just look at Points.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
The Laine drama will only get crazier after most recent comments
Another player in Carlo off the books.
I expect Perreault to get injured within couple days. Little continue to suck ass, he was never fast or skilled and now he is just getting older. Their whole defense is filled with shit players. I think it won't be too long before leverage swings in laines favor.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
You mean a Center who can drag seemingly anyone to respectability no matter how you deploy him? One who's made a career out of getting his Wingers overpaid through absurd shot quality and percentage boosts?

Right, Tavares is perfect to prop a guy like Marner up beyond what he could otherwise be.

To be clear, Marner's very, very good and we agree completely on what he does well. There are just indicators that he didn't have quite the ridiculous year he did if you just look at Points.

he is not an advanced stats darling in the least. Speaking of which apparently Elias Pettersson is god.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Another player in Carlo off the books.
I expect Perreault to get injured within couple days. Little continue to suck ass, he was never fast or skilled and now he is just getting older. Their whole defense is filled with **** players. I think it won't be too long before leverage swings in laines favor.

Does feel like the Maurice-Era Jets peaked 2 seasons ago and were easily good enough to win the Cup if not for running into the white-hot Golden Knights.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Connor now has a pretty close comp signed in Boeser if he wants to go with a 3 year deal. If they go long-term I would think it's going to cost north of $6 million per based on Konecny's deal.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The Laine drama will only get crazier after most recent comments
I still think Chevy won't give Laine the contract he wants and it will play out similar to Trouba in that he will sign a bridge then possibly moved.

I see a 2 year 6ish million contract as the end deal that gets signed.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I still think Chevy won't give Laine the contract he wants and it will play out similar to Trouba in that he will sign a bridge then possibly moved.

I see a 2 year 6ish million contract as the end deal that gets signed.

Laine will probably be this year's Nylander with the pressure being a little higher due to the cap prorating once the season begins.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
So since I can't watch the Flyers game, I'm watching the Leafs play the Sens. Marner skating around with the puck, goes from the blueline back down below his own net, comes out, and casually loses the puck right up the middle for Ottawa to get the go-ahead goal. I know it's pre-season, but it made me smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad