Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXXII - A full set of teeth (September edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
$36M after agent and taxes, that's enough money.
Unless you're an asswhip who has to rub it into other people's faces by flashing bling and running up tabs.
Real people can have a fine life with that kind of money.
You don't need 8 luxury cars and (3) 6000 sq ft houses.

Who cares if he's made "enough" money. The guy deserves to make every single dollar that he possibly can and then spend it however he pleases. That doesn't make someone a bad person.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
$36M after agent and taxes, that's enough money.
Unless you're an asswhip who has to rub it into other people's faces by flashing bling and running up tabs.
Real people can have a fine life with that kind of money.
You don't need 8 luxury cars and (3) 6000 sq ft houses.

I don't understand the point in having money unless you can flaunt excessiveness in the faces of those who are inferior to you. They should know their place in society and feel the shame that comes along with it. I am just doing my part to remind them of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lindberg

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I don't understand the point in having money unless you can flaunt excessiveness in the faces of those who are inferior to you. They should know their place in society and feel the shame that comes along with it. I am just doing my part to remind them of that.
Buff would have your close thrown in the shower in a second

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Buff would have your close thrown in the shower in a second

tenor.gif

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
I'm so flattered that someone remembered that conversation. :laugh:
I'm sneaky like that. Our memories are the damndest things sometimes. I really do feel bad for the guy. Must be frustrating as hell.
At least he had an NHL career, made some good coin and has a gorgeous woman to be with.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Who cares if he's made "enough" money. The guy deserves to make every single dollar that he possibly can and then spend it however he pleases. That doesn't make someone a bad person.

You totally miss the point.

Once anyone has a certain amount of money, money itself is meaningless and won't make them any happier.
At that point, players see money only in terms of "bragging rights," which reflects a core insecurity.

A healthy human being would make choices in terms of the life he wants to live - does he love the game, does he want more time with his family, does he want to move on to the inevitable next phase of his life.

Buf has more than enough money to live the life he desires, so his decision will be made for other reasons.

No one "deserves" to make money, the opportunity to make money reflects the "rules of the game," and those differ in different societies - they are essentially arbitrary, the product of history and social choices.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
does everyone still get a trophy? will you help pay for the trophys? so that those who feel shame can blame you for their shame.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018

Funny how the first two ''examples'' are Voracek major and Hagg high-stick.

They just slid that SJ-STL hand pass in there :)

I suppose they're hoping to reduce the number of overall challenges but, as always, who knows about unintended consequences.

I do like the idea of unlimited challenges, if we're going to stick with challenges, just from the irrational fear of getting boned by the refs on three or four goals (refs who also screw up the first review). Any bets on who will be the first coach to rack up two minors for lost challenges in the same game? Will it be Blashill or Tocchet? Torts on a spite bender?

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I truly do not understand why we have a need to video review plays that could have happened 30seconds before a goal (offside, puck hit the retaining net, etc)

The goalie interference ruling is too subjective even with the video review. Nothing was gained from that - sticking with the on ice call is fine

Reviewing if the puck crossed the line or a high stick putting it directly into the net are the only relatively cut and dry things that should be going to video.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I truly do not understand why we have a need to video review plays that could have happened 30seconds before a goal (offside, puck hit the retaining net, etc)

The goalie interference ruling is too subjective even with the video review. Nothing was gained from that - sticking with the on ice call is fine

Reviewing if the puck crossed the line or a high stick putting it directly into the net are the only relatively cut and dry things that should be going to video.

Couldn't agree more. As always, they have made things worse.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Can they not see the obvious issues coming of a dman and goalie hitting the net at almost the same time? Or players on offense trying to intentionally try to guide dman into the net "unintentionally"

Or teams taking slap shots at goalies while sending another player charging at the goalie from outside the blue line as soon as the shot is taken.

Or 4th lines gaining the offensive zone and intentionally throwing the puck out of play so you can get your 1st line an offensive zone face off.

The people who run the NHL are truly short sighted idiots that need to grow the balls to simplify the rules and accept that slow motion will expose officiating errors that can never be fixed.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I just hope the Leafs pick up Manning for future considerations, because that would be such a hockey guy thing to do. ("Hey, that guy was once a good locker room guy and physical on ice for me! Fetch him a nice spot in the AHL at least, plz, thx")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad