Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXVIII - You Talkin' about PLAYOFFS!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
What an awful call against Minny. Keith pushes Vanek into Crawford & gets called for goalie interference.

can crawford in a rage riped vanek's stick out of his hand . ok bad penalty fine, but crawford gave you an opportunity to even it up.

The Pro chicago reffing is getting out of hand. I am not a guy who ever blames reffing but this playoffs its very evident to me the refs have made calls and not made calls all favoring chicago.

Van Buren Boy

--------------------
Aug 18, 2006
****** i hate Montreal with a passion. When Kreider injured Price everyone was going absolutely NUTS...now Prust tries to injure Bishop and it's Bishop who is flopping. Please! That team is smoke and mirrors. They depended on Price all year and now it's coming back to haunt them. To add, their PP is atrocious but there is no adjustments what so ever. I read a stat where they've gone almost a full 60mins without scoring on the PP. It's like playing a whole game one man up.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
If you look at the last 20 cups winners, they all had elite players at defense or center, and for the majority of teams at both positions. Most of those teams had at least two hall of fame level players at either center or defense with Carolina and Tampa being the outliers. Based on that, you can pretty much predict how the rest of the playoffs goes.

No to montreal. No elite center. A team like New Jersey won multiple cups without an elite center but they had Niedermayer and Stevens, two hall of fame defensemen, to make up the difference. They also had Brodeur but having a hall of fame goalie hasn't really been a common denominator for teams in the last 20 years.

No to the Rangers because of lack of elite centers.

Capitals are interesting but no. i say they are interesting because Evgeny Kuznetsov looks like he is turning into a beast. Backstrom and Kuznetsov down the middle with Carlson on defense is something to watch for the future. They aren't hall of fame level but very comparable to Tampa's Stanley Cup setup with Lecavalier, Richards at center and Boyle on Defense.

Tampa Bay looks like the top team in the east with Stamkos and Johnson at center and Hedman as their #1 defender.

Out west it is either Chicago or Anaheim. Anaheim has a top notch 1-2 punch at center but nothing spectacular on defense. That's why Chicago will win the whole thing IMO. Keith is the best defenseman left in the playoffs and Toews is one of the best centers in the game.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I'm starting to suspect Timonen will be scratched soon.

He just needs to play in 50% of Chicago's playoffs games for the pick to rise next year to the level of a 2nd rounder if Chicago continues to advance. He has played in all 8 so far I believe.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
He just needs to play in 50% of Chicago's playoffs games for the pick to rise next year to the level of a 2nd rounder if Chicago continues to advance. He has played in all 8 so far I believe.

I wasn't sure how this played out, does he have to play 50% of a specific round or in total?

Like if they make it to the cup finals and he scratched from here on out, but they sweep this round and next, he would've played in 8, but sat for 6, however he wouldn't have played in 50% of Round 3.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Is it just me or has Dubnyk looked rather ordinary?

I don't think his season was a fluke, i think he has the makings of being a great goalie for a long time, i'm just wondering if he's fatigued.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Is it just me or has Dubnyk looked rather ordinary?

I don't think his season was a fluke, i think he has the makings of being a great goalie for a long time, i'm just wondering if he's fatigued.

isn't as good as he played this year. Isn't as bad as he he playing now. He is in the lower tier of #1 goalies imo....#20-30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad