Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Although I wouldn't mind Babcock coming here, I just don't see it happening, I have a feeling he would clash with Hexy as well, I think Hexy is going to surprise us all on who he picks for a coach going further, I'm getting a "someone from left field" type guy

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
From that article:

I think Craig Berube has done a tremendous job with the Philadelphia Flyers. The fact that they’ve been able to compete for a playoff spot with the defense they’ve had and the injuries they’ve had. I think he’s done a real good job.

– Bob McKenzie

:speechles:facepalm:

RJ8812*

to be honest it's true...but with a coach that knew what he was actually doing, we would probably be in a playoff spot already

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Here is the thing though. There is no doubt in my mind Babcock gets our team into playoffs. He had a worse team two years ago composed of mostly AHL players and did well with what he had.

Obviously I think he is the best coach in the NHL though so maybe I am biased. But I think he could take our current team, and get the best out of what he has as we continue to build the backend. Homer has really sent us back with some of his idiotic signings, but I do think Hex is trying to fix it.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
to be honest it's true...but with a coach that knew what he was actually doing, we would probably be in a playoff spot already
nah
scotty bowman being assisted by vince lombardi & john wooden ain't making this defense any better than one of the worst units in the league...

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
It's rumored that Babcock wants more control over personnel (than a coach traditionally gets) wherever he goes. I can't see Hextall allowing something like that to happen after he's waited so long for his shot as GM.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Just the fact that the wings lost one of the best defensemen to ever play the game (albeit a couple years ago), and are still closer to contenders than the Flyers have been the last few years really irks me.

A real testament to how the Red Wings organization has been run throughout the years.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They had Lidstrom till he was 41. Losing him at 37 to a freak injury would have been a massive blow.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Berube really isn't that bad of a coach. This team is a dumpster fire on defense and this team is going no where no matter who the coach is. I remember a lot of members giving him a ton of grief about how his thoughts on Raffl. People constantly just want to complain about him and use him as a scapegoat while not giving him any credit for the good things he has done.

They had Lidstrom till he was 41. Losing him at 37 to a freak injury would have been a massive blow.

If Pronger was still on this team the flyers would be making the playoffs this year without a doubt. They would obviously need to be developing a transition plan for defense due to his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad