Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hockey Central says Rob Klinkhammer is in the trade as well.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
What is Edmonton going to do? They just can't keep rebuilding. They need to bring in veteran players who are willing to help turn this boat around. They have been drafting for far too long and at the top for nothing to happen. They need to change the whole culture of that team. Players, management, everything.

I think they might make another move here to be honest.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
What is Edmonton going to do? They just can't keep rebuilding. They need to bring in veteran players who are willing to help turn this boat around. They have been drafting for far too long and at the top for nothing to happen. They need to change the whole culture of that team. Players, management, everything.

I think they might make another move here to be honest.

No doubt that they need to do something drastic, but stocking up on picks for this draft isn't a bad idea, either.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I am interested in seeing what will happen with the roster once people start returning from the LTIR over there. *******s getting a winger isnt nice though

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
No doubt that they need to do something drastic, but stocking up on picks for this draft isn't a bad idea, either.

What has it been, 8 years? They need to go a different route I think. Draft picks are going to help them 3 years from now, especially in the late 1st. They need to use that pick to bring some veteran presence on the back end. MacDonald would do well there!:sarcasm:

Seriously though, let them keep picking up draft picks and continuing the same pattern they are in now. It's not going to get better through these picks.

I keep seeing people on twitter talk about the next step in the Oilers rebuild with this trade.............. I thought they have been in rebuild for the last 8 years. So a whole new rebuild? Or is this going according to their plan?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It makes it more interesting if the Oilers still want Coburn. MacTavish once offered 3 2nds.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
It makes it more interesting if the Oilers still want Coburn. MacTavish once offered 3 2nds.

I originally touched on this when I talked about the trade. Coburn for Pitt's first rounder and maybe a little more is a trade I could see happening now. Especially as we get closer to the deadline.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I went up to Niagara Falls over the Christmas holiday and got to see a Sabres game in person. I must've caught a bad game, or maybe I don't know what I was watching, but Nikita Zadorov looked really bad. He was a turnover machine and looked all around lazy during that game. Has anyone gotten to watch him this year? I am assuming it was just a bad game.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
I think Perron is a much better player than Versteeg. He will score a lot of goals if paired with Crosby.

Alot of guys can score a lot of goals next to Crosby. Idk, I just wouldn't be overly enthused about it if I were a Pens fan, but it has a chance to work out well for them. We'll just have to see.

They did need a winger pretty badly.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Alot of guys can score a lot of goals next to Crosby. Idk, I just wouldn't be overly enthused about it if I were a Pens fan, but it has a chance to work out well for them. We'll just have to see.

They did need a winger pretty badly.

I agree that anyone would look good on his wing, but I mean Perron always struck me as a good who had a knack for the net.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Perron wanted out and he is having a down-year so I guess that's all they could get. Still wondering why they did not ask for a top prospect instead.

Pens trading their 1st rounder again after already trading their 2013 1st round pick shows how desperate they are at the moment. They either win another cup soon or screw up and will have a hard time retooling.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Pens trading their 1st rounder again after already trading their 2013 1st round pick shows how desperate they are at the moment. They either win another cup soon or screw up and will have a hard time retooling.
that's not desperate
crosby & malkin are young and still in their primes, you damn well better be making trades to try to win right now with that talent...

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Surprised Oil didn't go for a good prospect instead of a late first. They need pieces that can start helping over there.

I kind of figured that as well, but when you look at the Penguin's prospect pool, the only two prospects worth more than the first are Kapanen and Pouliot. I doubt the Pens had any interest giving them up for Perron.

Edmonton is going all in for McEichel though. I wouldn't be surprised to see another big piece or two gone from that roster within the the next couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad