Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
That's ****ing horrendous. Also, kind of surprised no one has made how ****** Berube is kind of thread on the main boards.

And for above, I think Schenn has been much more reliable than Grossmann.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Holy Santa Claus ****, did anyone else know we could do this? Just put tweet inside of [], the number that comes up in the url, and then /tweet inside of [] at the end and you're good to go.

Yeah, they just added that recently. There was a thread on the main boards showing how to do it.

Pretty useful.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
GF% also has to be considered, and LSchenn is doing very poorly on that stat. But a lot of that is from when he and MDZ were together, and they were an awful combination.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Flyers new years resolution video on flyers.com

You know it's almost funny but it's not, Luke Schenn repeatedly jokes about not being able to give up deserts "aka ****** foods", and laughs about it. This guy is a professional athlete who gets paid 3 million+ dollars a year to play hockey. He skates like he has metal plates attached to his feet. I wonder if cutting the carbs and calories like Jake Voracek has this past offseason would have an impact on his game. Unreal how this is taken lightly and as a joke. If I owned a team full of lackadaisical pukes such as him, I would hire a personal nutritionist to follow him around and make sure he eats properly, eating is easily 3/4 the battle for you workout fiends out there, sorry but this really struck a nerve for me and actually pissed me off.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
once the season begins its impossible to implement dietary changes. If you had him on a caloric deficit his horrible play would only be compounded by the lack of glycogen that he could readily use to perform his job.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You know it's almost funny but it's not, Luke Schenn repeatedly jokes about not being able to give up deserts "aka ****** foods", and laughs about it. This guy is a professional athlete who gets paid 3 million+ dollars a year to play hockey. He skates like he has metal plates attached to his feet. I wonder if cutting the carbs and calories like Jake Voracek has this past offseason would have an impact on his game. Unreal how this is taken lightly and as a joke. If I owned a team full of lackadaisical pukes such as him, I would hire a personal nutritionist to follow him around and make sure he eats properly, eating is easily 3/4 the battle for you workout fiends out there, sorry but this really struck a nerve for me and actually pissed me off.

:laugh:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
"And as we continue our tour of HFboards, you can go ahead and look to the right and see a serious overreaction"

But seriously, if you think all that stands between Schenn being a "lackadaisical puke" and a good player is cutting out some deserts then you're really missing something.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
"And as we continue our tour of HFboards, you can go ahead and look to the right and see a serious overreaction"

But seriously, if you think all that stands between Schenn being a "lackadaisical puke" and a good player is cutting out some deserts then you're really missing something.

lackadaisical puke bc of his diet. Honestly a healthy diet over and offseason would go a long ways for any player... Have you ever dieted and seen the results? I do know that during the season its pointless bc of how much they burn but it seems like all this guy does is bulk, there is something called cutting ffs.. :/ idk pissed me off

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
once the season begins its impossible to implement dietary changes. If you had him on a caloric deficit his horrible play would only be compounded by the lack of glycogen that he could readily use to perform his job.

Agreed, ONCE the season begins. But there is a lot you can do in the offseason, look at jakes game, its pure diet his explosiveness is on another level. You don't think an offseason of including a pristine diet couldn't go a long way for a slow footed player like Schenn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad