Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
The amount of regression from last year to this year is insane for the Avs. It was inevitable, but still insane. Also don't think there's a goalie more important to his team's success then Varlamov honestly.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
They've also taken advantage of other teams passing on Russian players. They have a little pipeline growing.

Gaudreau scores his first of the year. Sportsnet seems to think it was the first of his career. :laugh:.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
Yep. I'll actually be pretty pissed if we squeeze into the PO's. It does nothing for us.

I wouldn't. It shows that the Flyers will fight to the end and powered through some pretty serious limitations. That's championship resolve right there.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Zadorov, as a European, can’t be sent back to the London Knights, his junior team, because he doesn’t have a release from the Russian club that owns his rights. The Sabres don’t believe Zadorov’s ready to play in the NHL yet. But if they don’t keep him, they lose control of him to St. Petersburg, a KHL team. They clearly don’t want him developing out of their grasp thousands of miles away in Russia.
http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-prospect-nikita-zadorovs-future-could-be-decided-soon/

Buffalo's caught in a pickle with Zadorov.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Whats so bad about him playing in Russia? Better competition then Juniors

Well there's always the risk he could get comfortable over there & decide to not come back right away. Russia's track record of developing high end defensemen isn't exactly the greatest as well.

Also as mentioned in the article it would be tougher to monitor his development on the other side of globe. I don't think an KHL club would be as receptive with an NHL club than say they with other leagues.

Last edited:

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Well there's always the risk he could get comfortable over there & decide to not come back right away. Russia's track record of developing high end defensemen isn't exactly the greatest as well.

Also as mentioned in the article it would be tougher to monitor his development on the other side of globe. I don't think an KHL club would be as receptive with an NHL club than say they with other leagues.

Eh if he wanted to play in the KHL he'd bolt now after being a warm body on the bench on the worst team in the NHL through the first part of the season. He obviously want's to play here, its why he was in Juniors to start. If Buff. really thinks he's not ready for the NHL then the KHL might be the best league for him aside from maybe the AHL, but thats not an option. No a KHL team wouldn't be receptive to that but at the end of the day they are there to win games, they are going to play him and thats more then the Sabres can say at this point.

Meszaros being on the ice taking his ice time boggles my mind. If you want him there as a veteran presence fine. He doesn't need to be a regular player in the lineup to serve in that role. He can practice with the team and be there for players in a different capacity. He's just not a good player and you have a guy like Zadorov that needs to develop.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Eh if he wanted to play in the KHL he'd bolt now after being a warm body on the bench on the worst team in the NHL through the first part of the season. He obviously want's to play here, its why he was in Juniors to start. If Buff. really thinks he's not ready for the NHL then the KHL might be the best league for him aside from maybe the AHL, but thats not an option. No a KHL team wouldn't be receptive to that but at the end of the day they are there to win games, they are going to play him and thats more then the Sabres can say at this point.

Meszaros being on the ice taking his ice time boggles my mind. If you want him there as a veteran presence fine. He doesn't need to be a regular player in the lineup to serve in that role. He can practice with the team and be there for players in a different capacity. He's just not a good player and you have a guy like Zadorov that needs to develop.

they are obviously showcasing Mez for a trade. :sarcasm:
that excuse worked around here when that clown was on the ice so much.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

You never know things could change in time. Also I'm not talking about anything longterm but the potential of him getting comfortable back at home &/or getting paid good money could delay a return back to the Sabres. The team that owns his rights is a top dog club in the KHL.

He came over to North America because he was unhappy with his development (which was another one of my points). He has said in interviews he would have never developed an offensive game if he didn't come over to London.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
You never know things could change in time. Also I'm not talking about anything longterm but the potential of him getting comfortable back at home &/or getting paid good money could delay a return back to the Sabres. The team that owns his rights is a top dog club in the KHL.

The way Russia is slowly (or rapidly) becoming anti-west it wouldnt surprise me if they decide to not let any NHL reps into their country eventually.

but hey, maybe we'll get KHL vs NHL games..that would be funny.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
We play the Pens four times this year. We play them on the back-end of a back-to-back three times, them only once and that's when we are too.

Weird how often that happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad