Miscellaneous NHL Talk XLIII - April showers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The Hockey Men™ are at it again with Expansion Era Goalies. There's really no helping you if you're still ranking Brodeur over Hasek at this point. Same with Brodeur over Roy, but that's less common.

There was even some Fuhr > Hasek out there, which is legitimately impressive.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Can't wait to see what Hagg gets.

06810d44832c967632f5d5da6ed74422.gif

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Scandella is going to make 40 sheets in his career when it's all said and done.

St. Louis has to give up a 4th too because they re-signed him. I'm sure they felt some pressure to sign him since they already sunk a 2nd round pick on him. As a general rule of thumb, if a guy gets dealt for a 4th round pick in his walk year, he's probably not worth a 4 year deal. Also as a general rule, if a guy gets traded for a 4 in January, he's probably not worth a 2 a month later. Great GMing there.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

St. Louis has to give up a 4th too because they re-signed him. I'm sure they felt some pressure to sign him since they already sunk a 2nd round pick on him. As a general rule of thumb, if a guy gets dealt for a 4th round pick in his walk year, he's probably not worth a 4 year deal. Also as a general rule, if a guy gets traded for a 4 in January, he's probably not worth a 2 a month later. Great GMing there.

Lolzzzzz armstrong has a cup what do hextall and fletcher have? How many cup ringz do u hve?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

They’re paying $9.78M now between him & Faulk for at least the next four years (Faulk goes even three more years than that at $6.5M).

Pietrangelo is probably going to cost $10M or so for 7-8 years. That’s going to be bad value but it is what it is & I understand just biting the bullet there but not really with the two above. Especially knowing you have that contract to extend on top of Dunn who needs a new deal this offseason.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
They’re paying $9.78M now between him & Faulk for at least the next four years (Faulk goes even three more years than that at $6.5M).

Pietrangelo is probably going to cost $10M or so for 7-8 years. That’s going to be bad value but it is what it is & I understand just biting the bullet there but not really with the two above. Especially knowing you have that contract to extend on top of Dunn who needs a new deal this offseason.

What could go wrong with spending 3/4 of your cap on D?

Reactions: TheKingPin

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It's not a bad signing. Depth on D is important and they need someone to replace Bouwmeester.

They're probably going to move Bozak and Allen and Steen will be gone too in a year.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Trading for and extending Faulk when you had Pietro and Parayko will never make sense to me.

They don't even have the room for the 20-21 season to even bring Tarasenko off of IR. They'd need to do trades with more expensive and older players or just buy them out to even fit him. That still doesn't include re-signing Dunn.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

All I heard is that you're cosigning a Hagg + a pick for Parayko trade.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
pfft, like theyd be able to squeeze Hagg in under the cap. With how good i've been told he is, there's no way they can afford him.
We just have to hope that Fletcher isn't as dumb as he's trying to make us think he is.

I'm sure there's a GM somewhere in this league who is enough of a blind dinosaur to think Hagg can help a team win. I just hope it's not ours.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
And Scott Perunovich is probably going to start his career in the NHL. I remember some laughed about him going in the 2nd round. Karma I tell ya.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Count me among the ranks that do not understand the Scandella extension.

I guess they could have their next few years of contracts mapped out and realized they could make it work.

Or it could be a mistake that leads to a better player leaving.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Dunn will probably sign a bridge deal similar to what Sanheim got. They're comparable players. Dunn's probably a little more proven.
Not sure about Pietrangelo. Depends on what he wants. If he wants to get paid, he'll probably have to sign somewhere else.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
The Hockey Men™ are at it again with Expansion Era Goalies. There's really no helping you if you're still ranking Brodeur over Hasek at this point. Same with Brodeur over Roy, but that's less common.

There was even some Fuhr > Hasek out there, which is legitimately impressive.
Fuhr would let in 5 but really hunker down to keep the 6th out.

*common Fuhr argument

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Fuhr would let in 5 but really hunker down to keep the 6th out.

*common Fuhr argument

Yeh. Fuhr was a good goalie. But there are more deserving goalies of the hall not in. He won one Vezina and he should not have (Barasso and Hrudey were comfortably better... he just played 75 games) and had 6 years in a 19 year career where he played at a top ~5 goalie level (81-82, 83-84, 84-85, 85-86, 92-93 and 95-96)... he had more years (10) where he had below average NHL stats.

Fuhr gets excused for mediocre individual stats due to them "being deflated being on a good team"...

while Dryden gets taken down for amazing individual stats due to "being inflated being on a good team"...

and Hasek gets taken down for insane individual stats due to "being on a defensive, bad team"...

with Brodeur gets pumped up from great to perfect due to "being on a very defensive, good team who won a lot"...

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Being a goalie in the 80s could not of been fun. Minimal equipment, wide open hockey with little defensive structure.

I've never had more wtf moments watching any player than I have Hasek. Possibly the most unique talent I'd ever seen in hockey, guy broke all the rules and got straight into shooter's heads.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
And Scott Perunovich is probably going to start his career in the NHL. I remember some laughed about him going in the 2nd round. Karma I tell ya.
And guess who took him in the second round of our own mock draft . This kid has talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad