Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Terrible news.. so sorry to hear that

And our Colby once again finds a way to make it about himself. What a dillhole

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Found the cause, since I didn't see it in any of the tweets.

Edmonton Oilers forward Colby Cave died Saturday after a brain bleed this week. He was 25. The NHL club confirmed Cave's death with a statement from his family: ... Cave underwent emergency surgery Tuesday, a removal of a colloid cyst that was causing pressure on his brain.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Found the cause, since I didn't see it in any of the tweets.
I know someone with this. It’s scary but usually don’t obstruct the ventricles which kind of prop up the brain. His case sounds larger than usually seen and then bleed from the surgery I assume which is also not supposed to happen to that extent. Very tragic.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I think I am closest to CF88's view on things. Like if you're not evaluating people like Danny Briere without including enormous credit for his postseason numbers then you're really missing the picture. Now this is a device that's used far too often in clumsy ways. Saying someone isn't good in the clutch/playoffs is just an excuse to bash someone you don't like, which has always been the case in sports. There are any number of players who couldn't win until they did.

Tangentially related, nothing drives me crazier than the Flyers fans who say we would have won the Cup in 2000 if Lindros hadn't played against the Devils.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think I am closest to CF88's view on things. Like if you're not evaluating people like Danny Briere without including enormous credit for his postseason numbers then you're really missing the picture. Now this is a device that's used far too often in clumsy ways. Saying someone isn't good in the clutch/playoffs is just an excuse to bash someone you don't like, which has always been the case in sports. There are any number of players who couldn't win until they did.

Tangentially related, nothing drives me crazier than the Flyers fans who say we would have won the Cup in 2000 if Lindros hadn't played against the Devils.
Nobody is saying we shouldn’t take his playoff performances into account.

The point is that we should take that into account but NOT his lack of cups.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't get his stance on the EBug. After listening to the podcast, was he not aware Ayers practiced with the Leafs before?

I didn’t really listen to it fully tbh. But the EBug thing was made into a boogeyman by hockey guys just generally because of that situation.

I get it’s not ideal but there really isn’t a viable solution for something that has a really small chance of happening every year.

Reactions: Appleyard

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I didn’t really listen to it fully tbh. But the EBug thing was made into a boogeyman by hockey guys just generally because of that situation.

I get it’s not ideal but there really isn’t a viable solution for something that has a really small chance of happening every year.
He talks about it for like 5 minutes in the beginning. He wants each team to employ a third goalie, but the goalie doesn't travel with the team. The goalie stays in the teams city and can be used in practice for visiting teams if they want to give their goalie a day off. This goalie would be used by either team in a game, if needed. He said by them being used in practices, if they come into a game, they'll be used to seeing pro shots...

Hey buddy, that's almost exactly what happened. I get that he was 42 and maybe not the most athletic person there is, but he's practiced with the Leafs plenty of times. Ayers was in the previous episode and said he knows where JT usually shoots so he thought he was going far blocker on the first goal. Just a senile old man

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
He talks about it for like 5 minutes in the beginning. He wants each team to employ a third goalie, but the goalie doesn't travel with the team. The goalie stays in the teams city and can be used in practice for visiting teams if they want to give their goalie a day off. This goalie would be used by either team in a game, if needed. He said by them being used in practices, if they come into a game, they'll be used to seeing pro shots...

Hey buddy, that's almost exactly what happened. I get that he was 42 and maybe not the most athletic person there is, but he's practiced with the Leafs plenty of times. Ayers was in the previous episode and said he knows where JT usually shoots so he thought he was going far blocker on the first goal. Just a senile old man

Just so im clear here in regards to the bolded - He wants a team to pay a 3rd goalie, and then have said goalie potentially play against his own team? Yeah, that seems feasible.

Reactions: Defect

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Just so im clear here in regards to the bolded - He wants a team to pay a 3rd goalie, and then have said goalie potentially play against his own team? Yeah, that seems feasible.
Haha yep. Wants them to make enough money so that they don't have to work another job :laugh:

It makes no sense and I think the guys on the podcast realize that, but don't bring it up. His interview is actually pretty good

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
St. Louis just giving out term to another defenseman not named Pietrangelo, Parayko, Or Dunn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad