FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I was there.

052EB01C-A2F4-4E60-B9D1-733CEAD02504.jpeg

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
That's not just a clear from Giroux in the corner, that's absolutely an outlet area pass!

One thing I'd never noticed before in this play is Coburn -- how much ground he makes up after the shot attempt and also the thunderous hit he tries to throw.

Also, why is Hamrlik so far out of position by the boards when he starts to backcheck? Does he really think Giroux is going to try to ring it through a crowd of bodies? He's not covering Richards from there and not making himself open for a pass ... maybe he lost a contact?

Reactions: Cody Webster

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
To JoJo's original question: :dunno: We'll need to dig up tape. Kinda did what he was asked to do, but not much more? I like the idea of Joel Otto better than the one we got.

There are two reasons I picked him. First, he’s the one of the two archetypes of player we now believe conventional hockey wisdom misevaluates most often and therefore has the potential to be seen in a completely different light with 2020 eyes.

Second, he has some reasonable Scoring totals to go along with the defensive rep. I don’t expect that if I were to go back and watch all of 96-97, I would have a middling impression. I would guess that I significantly over or underrated him and I’m not sure which. That makes me curious.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
NBA has locked in Disney World at their ESPN center. Good strategy. I would think Vegas is the NHL target if enough rinks. Edm is prob great in the summer. I’m sure families could enjoy it there for sometime.

Vegas for the West, Columbus for the East is the choice unless something changes last minute.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Since they were the 6th seed in the East, they must have wanted the play-in games to just have been for 7 v 10 and 8 v 9.

Reactions: TheKingPin

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Meh, Carolina wasn't any better than the Islanders, Rangers or Columbus. The only reason they were in that wild card spot to begin with was their shootout record.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
For those who avoid the main boards:

Travis Sanheim ?​
Rather play Mete with Weber than trade our 8th for Sanheim. Looking for someone with more upside and a puck mover.

:laugh:

I mean, that's the same guy who wanted Giroux at 50% for Galchenyuk a few years back. He also goes on to say that he'd trade Mete and a 2nd for Yandle, so pretty clearly still living in like 2014.

Reactions: Tripod

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Works out as good as it could for the Flyers. Get to play 4 games that mean nothing. Vigneault's teams have usually had issues starting seasons, which is essentially what this is, and get 4 games to hopefully straighten this out. Or they don't straighten it out and at least their season ends on the ice and we're not left wondering.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
Works out as good as it could for the Flyers. Get to play 4 games that mean nothing. Vigneault's teams have usually had issues starting seasons, which is essentially what this is, and get 4 games to hopefully straighten this out. Or they don't straighten it out and at least their season ends on the ice and we're not left wondering.
3 games.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016

Love the salty Wings fans whining about not getting handed a top 2 pick.

Amidst all the mistakes of sens past couple of seasons, their failure to resign karlsson is a huge feather in their cap. Probably means their gonna end up f***ing up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad