Miscellaneous NHL Talk XLII - The answer to life, the universe, and everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I didnt read through this entire thread, so forgive me if this has been Said already but -- how much does this suck for the islanders to give up all that draft capital for what? 8 regular season games of JGP?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I didnt read through this entire thread, so forgive me if this has been Said already but -- how much does this suck for the islanders to give up all that draft capital for what? 8 regular season games of JGP?

One of many reasons that cancelling is going to be the last resort. It will be very complicated.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Good god, the hfboards spelling virus has spread to Sportsnet.

dominate.jpg

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
The 5 min major in that Game 7 was the worst call I have ever seen.
How terrible the call is viewed is directly linked to the worst 5 minute penalty kill of all time.

It was a massive error by those refs, though. Should have been able to review the play, especially since I don't think a penalty was originally going to be called there.

Reactions: Rebels57

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He's probably playing as a defenseman, too. :laugh:

lol probably. When I hear about friends who play with basically any level of pro those guys typically play D or they hamstring themselves, like they'll only pass or something.

They're still one-man teams compared to regular people because if the puck comes near them it becomes theirs.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
lol probably. When I hear about friends who play with basically any level of pro those guys typically play D or they hamstring themselves, like they'll only pass or something.

They're still one-man teams compared to regular people because if the puck comes near them it becomes theirs.

Was once playing "water polo" in Spain with some random people at a hotel pool, a lot of teenagers included... annnnnd two of the Cypriot national team and a GB u-21 player. (I never got past u-16 "squad" myself even though could "hang" with them and not look bad unless people knew intricacies when watching.)

Like we had the rules we were not allowed to shoot at all, could only used a one-hand press as opposed to two (and one of the Cypriots is a goalie and was playing out, and the Cypriot winger was playing in goal)... and quite frankly were giving a lot of tips, helping these kids out.

When this one British ~30 year old who was a pretty big unit literally started to really push around some of the kids, not pass etc. Spoke to him and he just carried on... soooo then we started playing properly... but only against him! (and just doing showboat stuff, flicking ball over head with feet, pretending to let him get ball, push him to poolside without fouling him when he got the ball) It was fun. He tried to punch me and then stormed out of the pool, got his towel and we never saw him again.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018

Attended Dev Camp with the Flyers a couple years ago.

He played with Allison and Attard at WMU . Saw him a few times , he is good offensive but needs work in his own end . He has a problem moving the puck out of his own end some games , he constantly tries to carry it out and turns it over way to much . Skills are good and the problem is more mental so it can be fixed .

Reactions: TheKingPin

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
He played with Allison and Attard at WMU . Saw him a few times , he is good offensive but needs work in his own end . He has a problem moving the puck out of his own end some games , he constantly tries to carry it out and turns it over way to much . Skills are good and the problem is more mental so it can be fixed .
Sounds like a good fit for the Penguins' defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad