Miscellaneous NHL Talk V8.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I get why people used to post every time Hartnell or Schenn scored after they were traded because a lot of us liked those guys a lot. But Filppula being re-signed by Hextall was treated as a disaster in the making all last season, so I don’t get the fascination with him now. Especially when he’s getting shredded in shot attempts just like he was last season.

I seriously don’t remember one person saying he should have been extended and made the 3C.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, he is +9.
Of course, his E +/- is -5.5, and his shooting % is 31.6%.

Why do I think by the end of the season he won't be a fan favorite on the Island.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
I'm so jelly

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I get why people used to post every time Hartnell or Schenn scored after they were traded because a lot of us liked those guys a lot. But Filppula being re-signed by Hextall was treated as a disaster in the making all last season, so I don’t get the fascination with him now. Especially when he’s getting shredded in shot attempts just like he was last season.

I seriously don’t remember one person saying he should have been extended and made the 3C.

I think people are trying to make a point about our system stifling offence, not that Flip is suddenly a good 3C.

But I also have like 4 dunces blocked though. So maybe they're are saying some off the wall shit.

Reactions: Tripod

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Some snippets I found curious from Friedman's recent "31 Thoughts" 31 Thoughts: Senators' Melnyk scrambling to save arena deal - Sportsnet.ca:

12. Last Saturday on Headlines, Chris Johnston reported Toronto’s belief that William Nylander would be interested in a six-year deal at around $6.9 million per season. My best intel says that is not (yet) on the table, but it doesn’t mean it won’t be by 5:00 pm ET Dec. 1, when this phase of the dispute mercifully comes to its end.

If anyone was willing to offer sheet -- if that's the deal Nylander would be willing to agree to -- that is easy to beat. Oh well.

19. “We don’t know what our team really looks like,” Sweeney said. “If there’s good news, it’s that some other guys have had to drive the bus…given us an idea of what they can do. (Coaches) Bruce Cassidy and Kevin Dean were part of our development plan, so they knew what we had.”

Who has impressed you? “(Jeremy) Lauzon. Small sample size, but he’s done well. Matt Grzelcyk. He’s come a long way…earned a higher profile, played almost 25 minutes (last Friday against Pittsburgh). Joakim Nordstrom, he’s our Swiss Army Knife up front.”

@PhilMyers

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
If Blues are really open for business like is being reported, hopefully Homer tries for Pietrangelo or Parayko.
They are easily worth trading out prospects for.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Some snippets I found curious from Friedman's recent "31 Thoughts" 31 Thoughts: Senators' Melnyk scrambling to save arena deal - Sportsnet.ca:

If anyone was willing to offer sheet -- if that's the deal Nylander would be willing to agree to -- that is easy to beat. Oh well.

@PhilMyers

I wouldn’t necessarily mind a 2007 situation again where they essentially just look to the offseason to where they really make their adjustments. Give some young guys some legitimate looks this year & see what happens. Essentially just don’t really put any expectations on the rest of the year & let the chips lie setting up the offseason & next year.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
If Blues are really open for business like is being reported, hopefully Homer tries for Pietrangelo or Parayko.
They are easily worth trading out prospects for.
Prepare to trade Gost or Provorov... I mean what do you think this is?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well Hawks are complete disaster at this point

Time to trade Crawford the only piece of core with value at this point (Kane has value but you don't trade face of franchise)

Its pretty clear this new coach has no clue what he is doing (Benching our 19 yr old rookie defender who has been lone bright spot and playing Seabrook more and Manning proof of that) and team has fallen apart since Q was fired

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Well Hawks are complete disaster at this point

Time to trade Crawford the only piece of core with value at this point (Kane has value but you don't trade face of franchise)

Its pretty clear this new coach has no clue what he is doing (Benching our 19 yr old rookie defender who has been lone bright spot and playing Seabrook more and Manning proof of that) and team has fallen apart since Q was fired

Sounds like Hakstol day 1.

Buckle up?

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Matthews is back for the leafs and they get even stronger while the clock is ticking on nylander situation. The moar days!

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Was going to say that Blues look like shit and they scored. Maybe we can dance with Blues one more time, offer Simmonds.

Edit and they scored again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad