Miscellaneous NHL Talk V8.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
These two GM’s love making deals with each other. Fourth trade in the last two years for them.

November 25th, 2018 - Dylan Strome & Brendan Perlini for Nick Schmaltz

July 12th, 2018 - Marcus Kruger, MacKenzie Entwistle, Jordan Maletta, Andrew Campbell, & 2019 5th round pick for Vinnie Hinostroza, Jordan Oesterle, Marian Hossa, & 2019 3rd round pick

January 10th, 2018 - Anthony Duclair & Adam Clendening for Richard Panik & Laurent Dauphin

June 23rd, 2017 - Laurent Dauphin & Connor Murphy for Niklas Hjalmarsson

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
These two GM’s love making deals with each other. Fourth trade in the last two years for them.

July 12th, 2018 - Marcus Kruger, MacKenzie Entwistle, Jordan Maletta, Andrew Campbell, & 2019 5th round pick for Vinnie Hinostroza, Jordan Oesterle, Marian Hossa, & 2019 3rd round pick

January 10th, 2018 - Anthony Duclair & Adam Clendening for Richard Panik & Laurent Dauphin

Dale Tallon is getting jealous.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The deal is Strome. If he turns into a 50-60 point center -- not even a 3rd overall star, which shouldn't be his expectation anymore -- Blackhawks win by a lot. God knows they're not unwilling to play kids a lot and go trial and error. His Arizona underlying stats really aren't bad. I did chuckle at his faceoff numbers being any sort of factor.

One underrated factor is the Hawks have a god awful PP. If there's one skill I thought Strome would for sure carry over, it was being a good PP player, wherein he only had to hold his own 5v5. Again, his PP numbers for the Coyotes have been decent. And yes, DeBrincat chemistry. It's an interesting trade at least. Very much wait and see.

Schmaltz isn't going to play with a Patrick Kane level winger in Arizona.

If they put him with Clayton Keller, he can come a little close though.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't really get that trade for either team

Reminds me of when the only three teams we traded with were the Coyotes, Hurricanes, and Lightning.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009

I would say Arizona won all four of those by at least a small degree.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I am fine with trade

Schmaltz is soft and frustrating player who refuses time and again to shoot puck and gives up on puck battles a lot

He has played awful this year and may be looking for big RFA longterm deal which Hawks are clearly not sold on giving him and appear to have grown frustrated with his play

Schmaltz is also atrocious at faceoffs so there are legit reasons to think he has no future at position longterm and will be best served as a winger

Strome in my limited views is no worse then Artem Anisimov at skating and with some work can improve his skating to be solid IMO. He has shown major improvement at faceoffs and has good size/offensive skillset that if he can find role/chemistry with Hawks he provides us with 2nd line C longterm

Perlini has good shot and has potential to be a 25-30 goal guy in right situation

Hawks are rebuilding and they seem more willing to bring in two kids with high upside but warts rather then going forward with our kid with upside and warts

Reactions: Jtown

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I am fine with trade

Schmaltz is soft and frustrating player who refuses time and again to shoot puck and gives up on puck battles a lot

He has played awful this year and may be looking for big RFA longterm deal which Hawks are clearly not sold on giving him and appear to have grown frustrated with his play

Schmaltz is also atrocious at faceoffs so there are legit reasons to think he has no future at position longterm and will be best served as a winger

Strome in my limited views is no worse then Artem Anisimov at skating and with some work can improve his skating to be solid IMO. He has shown major improvement at faceoffs and has good size/offensive skillset that if he can find role/chemistry with Hawks he provides us with 2nd line C longterm

Perlini has good shot and has potential to be a 25-30 goal guy in right situation

Hawks are rebuilding and they seem more willing to bring in two kids with high upside but warts rather then going forward with our kid with upside and warts

As someone who had Schmaltz in fantasy, dear lord, if this guy would shoot the puck at least 50% more, he could be something that would be good and worth more but he just f***ing doesn't.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Possible replacements Pronger, Fletcher, Mark Hunter, Lombardi or Ron Francis.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm old enough to recall line of Rinaldo Talbot and Rosehill and they still weren't the worst in the league at the time lol.

And then Homer traded Talbot for Downie to fix the 13-14 team who were in even worse shape than this one.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
He is on fire.

@Captain Dave Poulin loves him.

I have said many a time I wish we had a Wilson/Wood type.

Flip scored again too...on a 57 point pace.

tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif