Miscellaneous NHL Talk V6.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
First of all, I didn’t necessarily say I’d do it; just that I’d think hard about it if offered.

Secondly, it’s not like you’d be giving Ghost away. You’d be adding a 22 year old who is one of the most skilled young forwards in the world in Nylander to a forward group sorely lacking in dynamism.

Thirdly, something is wrong with the roster composition, & a shake up to the core may be in order.

I don’t mind people disagreeing with the idea; after all, I’m not even certain I’d do it myself. But I don’t think someone who would be willing to make the trade is an “idiot.”

i agree a shakeup is in order. First shakeup has to be the coaching staff, if nothing changes after that move a player.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
he was physical yesterday. He put someone on his ass, it was impressive.

I think trading him before swapping coaches would be a terrible thing to do. Removing Hakstol and co is by far the easiest thing to do and then re-evaluate the team.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I think Ghost needs to try and add some physicality to round out his game. He can bring it at times but he seems to do when he's emotionally driven to do it. Perhaps a different coach like Lavi can pull it out of him?

He can be a very frustrating player to watch. One second he’s making a great play, the next second he’s making a brutal turnover resulting in a Grade A scoring chance against.

Ever since the playoffs he’s been a wreck when it comes to bad decisions & killer turnovers.

His physicality doesn’t bother me. His decisionmakimg drives me crazy, though.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
He can be a very frustrating player to watch. One second he’s making a great play, the next second he’s making a brutal turnover resulting in a Grade A scoring chance against.

Ever since the playoffs he’s been a wreck when it comes to bad decisions & killer turnovers.

I think resolving a few issues would help with that. When you're constantly trailing players are going to be pressing more and trying to do too much. Having the Flyers actually score goals first would probably resolve a lot of issues, hard to win games when losing.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I think resolving a few issues would help with that. When you're constantly trailing players are going to be pressing more and trying to do too much. Having the Flyers actually score goals first would probably resolve a lot of issues, hard to win games when losing.
He’s making the same mistakes regardless of the score; whether they are ahead or behind.

Reactions: renberg

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
For all the talk of how they fall behind and have to chase, they don't spend a ton of time trailing. They trailed for the 8th fewest Minutes in All Situations in the league last year and 13th fewest over the previous three seasons if you exclude Vegas.

They just aren't that good.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I think Hextall will make a significant trade before they fire the coach.

Unless Comcast forces Hextall to fire Hakstol.

The core is just not right. It’s reminiscent of when the Flyers traded Recchi for Desjardins, LeClair, Dionne.

They’re going to need to trade a significant player. I do think the way Ghost is playing he’s the likeliest candidate.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
First of all, I didn’t necessarily say I’d do it; just that I’d think hard about it if offered.

Secondly, it’s not like you’d be giving Ghost away. You’d be adding a 22 year old who is one of the most skilled young forwards in the world in Nylander to a forward group sorely lacking in dynamism.

Thirdly, something is wrong with the roster composition, & a shake up to the core may be in order.

I don’t mind people disagreeing with the idea; after all, I’m not even certain I’d do it myself. But I don’t think someone who would be willing to make the trade is an “idiot.”

1. Hopefully not too hard.

2. I like the idea of adding dynamic talent too our forward group, but we would trading from a position of weakness too one of strength. Unless the deal was ridiculously lopsided trading Ghost, Provy, Sanheim or Myers is out of the question, for me.

3. I don't disagree. But, Gostisbehere is the direction we need to move towards and not away.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
1. Hopefully not too hard.

2. I like the idea of adding dynamic talent too our forward group, but we would trading from a position of weakness too one of strength. Unless the deal was ridiculously lopsided trading Ghost, Provy, Sanheim or Myers is out of the question, for me.

3. I don't disagree. But, Gostisbehere is the direction we need to move towards and not away.

Gotta give up talent to get talent. Maybe I just think Nylander is a better player than you do. Because any chance to acquire him would be something I absolutely would think hard about.

Reactions: renberg

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I think Hextall will make a significant trade before they fire the coach.

Unless Comcast forces Hextall to fire Hakstol.

The core is just not right. It’s reminiscent of when the Flyers traded Recchi for Desjardins, LeClair, Dionne.

They’re going to need to trade a significant player. I do think the way Ghost is playing he’s the likeliest candidate.
Trading Ghost would be extremely stupid.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Ghost is a lot of things. I think the last word I would describe him as is “frustrating”.

Perspective is everything eh.
To each his own, but I, at least, get very frustrated by his repeated forced plays that result in great chances the other way.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Simmonds or Voracek better be the players that are moved. More so Simmonds but I wouldn't hate a 1 for 1 swap of Voracek for Panarin (if he agrees to a contract). Voracek is a dud on the PP. No one respects his shot so teams always just cheat to Giroux and Ghost. Trade Simmonds for whatever and back the truck up for Trouba.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Well obviously if it was extreme overpayment. You make it seem like Ghost is a problem on this team.
I’m a long time Ghost fan. Hence my moniker. Yes, he’s been frustrating me since the playoffs & the start to this season. Doesn’t mean I’m actively wanting to jettison him. He’s one of the best PP defensemen I’ve ever seen.

But, if the team needs a real core shake up, they’re going to have to trade someone with big time value to get another big time talent back.

You aren’t getting a dynamic young impact player like Nylander for Simmonds. You won’t even get him for Voracek; plus Voracek is their leading ES scorer on a team that needs more ES production.

Ghost is their best trade bait if they want to make a big time move. They’d still have Sanheim & Provorov for the PP. I’m just saying if there’s a big shakeup move to happen, he’s the likeliest guy.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Giroux TK
JVR Voracek

Why are people talking about trading for Nylander???? We don't need a winger. And a winger that played with Matthews. Oh...I expect the "he can play C" comments. Yet he hasn't. And we have Couts and Patrick with Frost around the corner. Again, not a need.

Meanwhile, remove Ghost and we have:

Provy Hagg
Sanheim Gudas
AMac Folin

Boy....that's a f***ing great defense.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010

If you haven’t notice pretty much the entire team is playing that way including Provorov.

I agree the teams need a shake up but this team needs quality defensemen not to move them. Get a coach who can deploy Ghost better than the current idiot is doing and you would see a lot less turnovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad