Miscellaneous NHL Talk V6.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Ok, let,s see what kind of GIF he will provide in next 8 hours to get that position..

By my calculations, I have seven hours and 29 minutes left, so I will get back to you. I don't even want the ****ing job, but this is my campaign promise to all Flyers fans: You will see us employ a dead bird on defense and you will see me hire a dead bird to coach the PK. If I am elected, I promise sweeping changes on the wings of dead birds! Or something.

* Dark money paid for the contents of this ad *

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
By my calculations, I have seven hours and 29 minutes left, so I will get back to you. I don't even want the ****ing job, but this is my campaign promise to all Flyers fans: You will see us employ a dead bird on defense and you will see me hire a dead bird to coach the PK. If I am elected, I promise sweeping changes on the wings of dead birds! Or something.

* Dark money paid for the contents of this ad *

By "dark money," do you mean a deal with the Koch brothers or a deal with the Devil?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’m sure it’s been discussed before, but I missed it — how many here would trade Ghost for Nylander?

Probably not many on this site, but I’d strongly consider it.

Reactions: renberg and hatcher

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
tenor.gif

If you want your Hagg top pair fantasy to be a permanent thing........sure.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I’m sure it’s been discussed before, but I missed it — how many here would trade Ghost for Nylander?

i would in a heart beat. Ghost doesnt play d at all really where it counts. Ghost is good but a real coach would bench his ass in a minute.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013

Is he going to play 3rd C? Seems like a bad trade. Ghost brings a lot of unique qualities.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
That would be a brutal trade on many fronts.
I’m not sure. Seems like an even trade talent-wise.
Ghost’s God-awful playoff performance & his repeated awful turnovers this season from overhandling the puck & forcing low percentage plays are beginning to grate on me.
I love Ghost on the PP, but they’d still have Sanheim & Provorov (and Myers in the wings).
Nylander can play both wing & center, & is 3 years younger than Ghost.

I’m not necessarily saying I’d do it, but I’d think hard about it if offered.

Reactions: renberg and hatcher

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I’m not sure. Seems like an even trade talent-wise.
Ghost’s God-awful playoff performance & his repeated awful turnovers this season from overhandling the puck & forcing low percentage plays are beginning to grate on me.
I love Ghost on the PP, but they’d still have Sanheim & Provorov (and Myers in the wings).
Nylander can play both wing & center, & is 3 years younger than Ghost.

I’m not necessarily saying I’d do it, but I’d think hard about it if offered.

i wouldn't judge ghost on that short sample size. The playoff series against pittsburgh is not a good way to evaluate talent, neither is 9 games from this disastrous beginning. The moment you trade for nylander he is goiing to be our 3rd highest forward.

Ghost is an absolute bargain at 4.5 million, and at his best he is elite.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yeah, Morin has 3-4 months before he can even play again. He's not a trade option.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'd trade Ghost but not for Nylander, maybe an offensively talented RHD who's more physical and fits with Provorov
But I don't think I'd consider it until Sanheim proves he can QB PP1.

I would trade Voracek in a 3 way deal for Nylander, since Toronto doesn't have the cap room to swing it by themselves.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
You don't trade a 65 point defenseman being paid 4.5M for the next 5 seasons. Don't be idiots.
First of all, I didn’t necessarily say I’d do it; just that I’d think hard about it if offered.

Secondly, it’s not like you’d be giving Ghost away. You’d be adding a 22 year old who is one of the most skilled young forwards in the world in Nylander to a forward group sorely lacking in dynamism.

Thirdly, something is wrong with the roster composition, & a shake up to the core may be in order.

I don’t mind people disagreeing with the idea; after all, I’m not even certain I’d do it myself. But I don’t think someone who would be willing to make the trade is an “idiot.”

Reactions: renberg

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
First of all, I didn’t necessarily say I’d do it; just that I’d think hard about it if offered.

Secondly, it’s not like you’d be giving Ghost away. You’d be adding a 22 year old who is one of the most skilled young forwards in the world in Nylander to a forward group sorely lacking in dynamism.

Thirdly, something is wrong with the roster composition, & a shake up to the core may be in order.

I don’t mind people disagreeing with the idea; after all, I’m not even certain I’d do it myself. But I don’t think someone who would be willing to make the trade is an “idiot.”

I think Ghost needs to try and add some physicality to round out his game. He can bring it at times but he seems to do when he's emotionally driven to do it. Perhaps a different coach like Lavi can pull it out of him?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I think Ghost needs to try and add some physicality to round out his game. He can bring it at times but he seems to do when he's emotionally driven to do it. Perhaps a different coach like Lavi can pull it out of him?

he was physical yesterday. He put someone on his ass, it was impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad