Miscellaneous NHL Talk V6.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Giroux TK
JVR Voracek

Why are people talking about trading for Nylander???? We don't need a winger. And a winger that played with Matthews. Oh...I expect the "he can play C" comments. Yet he hasn't. And we have Couts and Patrick with Frost around the corner. Again, not a need.

Meanwhile, remove Ghost and we have:

Provy Hagg
Sanheim Gudas
AMac Folin

Boy....that's a ****ing great defense.

Provy Hagg
Amac Folin
Sanheim Gudas

Fixed it for you. :laugh:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
2. I like the idea of adding dynamic talent too our forward group, but we would trading from a position of weakness too one of strength. Unless the deal was ridiculously lopsided trading Ghost, Provy, Sanheim or Myers is out of the question, for me.

I would like to think that even those of us on here who like to play games with credibility and stretch disingenuousness as far as humanly possible could stop for just a second, high five the Hive, and agree that this should be the case. We have done an extremely good job of building that future top 4 after a 30-year wait for it - let's not **** it up now.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Giroux TK
JVR Voracek

Why are people talking about trading for Nylander???? We don't need a winger. And a winger that played with Matthews. Oh...I expect the "he can play C" comments. Yet he hasn't. And we have Couts and Patrick with Frost around the corner. Again, not a need.

Meanwhile, remove Ghost and we have:

Provy Hagg
Sanheim Gudas
AMac Folin

Boy....that's a ****ing great defense.

It was bait. Transparent bait. As always.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
We need to add player like Trouba without subtracting Gostisbehere or Sanheim. We have Morin Myers and a bunch of forwards prospects.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I’m a long time Ghost fan. Hence my moniker. Yes, he’s been frustrating me since the playoffs & the start to this season. Doesn’t mean I’m actively wanting to jettison him. He’s one of the best PP defensemen I’ve ever seen.

But, if the team needs a real core shake up, they’re going to have to trade someone with big time value to get another big time talent back.

You aren’t getting a dynamic young impact player like Nylander for Simmonds. You won’t even get him for Voracek; plus Voracek is their leading ES scorer on a team that needs more ES production.

Ghost is their best trade bait if they want to make a big time move. They’d still have Sanheim & Provorov for the PP. I’m just saying if there’s a big shakeup move to happen, he’s the likeliest guy.
There’s so many things wrong here.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
. Get a coach who can deploy Ghost better than the current idiot is doing and you would see a lot less turnovers.
How is Hakstol’s deployment of Ghost causing Ghost’s excessive forced plays & turnovers? He played the first 7 games on the first pair with Provorov. He’s 2nd among D in minutes. He’s playing in all situations (& contributed to several blown leads in the 3rd).

And you’re going to blame Ghost’s mistakes on his deployment? Do you want him playing less? Are the fan favorites ever personally responsible for mistakes or is it always someone else’s fault?

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Hilarious but awesome goal by Alex Chiasson for the Oilers.

Does the reverse hit to protect the puck in the corner, peels out for a shot, puck pops in the air and Chiasson almost falls trying to grab it with his hand, and then roofs it off of his own rebound.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I'm getting just wrecked this season when it comes to goalies for fantasy. I have Bob in both leagues and it legit looks like he's not going to survive this year. Or shit, just ask for a trade. Both goalies (the other being Jones) barely face 30 shots in their games and they give up 3+ every single f***ing game.

Sorry, just frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->