Miscellaneous NHL Talk V6.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I'm getting just wrecked this season when it comes to goalies for fantasy. I have Bob in both leagues and it legit looks like he's not going to survive this year. Or ****, just ask for a trade. Both goalies (the other being Jones) barely face 30 shots in their games and they give up 3+ every single ****ing game.

Sorry, just frustrating.

Sorry, I have no sympathy from me in the Flyers league

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
How is Hakstol’s deployment of Ghost causing Ghost’s excessive forced plays & turnovers? He played the first 7 games on the first pair with Provorov. He’s 2nd among D in minutes. He’s playing in all situations (& contributed to several blown leads in the 3rd).

And you’re going to blame Ghost’s mistakes on his deployment? Do you want him playing less? Are the fan favorites ever personally responsible for mistakes or is it always someone else’s fault?
He is responsible and yes I want him off the first pair. He should be used in matchups he will have a clear advantage in against worse competition. He shouldn’t be used against the best forwards of the other team.

Also turnovers happen when structure is poor, which is 100% on the coach, and from players trying to do to much. Players try to do too much when there is too much pressure for them to carry the team. The Flyers have been top heavy for years now relying on their top players to carry the team. Unless Giroux or Ghost have had award caliber seasons, this team doesn’t make the playoffs.

Reactions: hatcher

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
So Marody made his debut, did anyone see how he played?

He played pretty well with Strome and Lucic. He didn't really show any dynamism or anything, but he looked like he belonged in the league.

They have a ton of low ceiling Forwards, but consensus was that he earned more Games. Seems like most of the Oilers fans I saw wanted him to stay on the Strome line for now until/unless Pulju forces the issue.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
So Marody made his debut, did anyone see how he played?
I saw a period and a bit. Looked like he was letting the play come to him, which is a positive in an NHL debut, instead of overdoing things.

Decent forechecking, but his line didn't create many opportunities while I was watching. Strome just doesn't seem to be the offensive dynamo the Isles/Oliers hoped he'd be. Lucic is past his best before date, too.

Reactions: RANKKA and Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lehtera 0.00 pp/60, Corsica 51.49%, CFrel +2.82, GF/GA 2/3, xGF 56.75%, xGFrel +14.98, HDCF/CA 18/8
Weise 1.15 pp/60, Corsica 47.62%, CFrel -5.00, GA/GA 1/1, xGF 52.21%, xGFrel +4.56, HDCF/CA 12/5

Hate to break the news, while you can put some of the blame for the first five games on MacDonald, Lehtera, Weise and Folin have been positive contributors so far this season, and as good or better than any young player you could conceivably replace them with - so you'll have to look elsewhere for your scapegoats.

Weal 1.83 pp/60, Corsica 58.97%, CFrel +11.32, GA/GA 3/2, xGF 58.97%, xGFrel +11.32, HDCF/CA 12/9

Can't blame Weal either (except for the bad penalties).

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
He played pretty well with Strome and Lucic. He didn't really show any dynamism or anything, but he looked like he belonged in the league.

They have a ton of low ceiling Forwards, but consensus was that he earned more Games. Seems like most of the Oilers fans I saw wanted him to stay on the Strome line for now until/unless Pulju forces the issue.

I really liked his game. Speedy and skilled. Looked like he belonged. Pulju continues to look like out of placed. He is not ready for this level

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Islanders pull off the most spectacular trolling move this season by moving their 2/28 game from Barclays to the Coliseum. Did I mention the opponent is the Leafs??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Say what you will about Lou but the guy doesn't **** around.

There will be blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->