Miscellaneous NHL Talk V10.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What a disaster it would if LA traded him before the new deal even kicks in.

Him & Kopitar have full NMC’s for the foreseeable future. So the Kings are at their mercy if they do want to move them any time soon. Doughty got a full NMC added to this current year as part of the deal.

I’d guess they’d just keep doing a half rebuild around them.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I'll be shocked if Panarin doesn't get more than $10M per.
If only because he's self-limiting the number of teams he wants to play for, he may get less than $10m. Stating he wants to play for a coastal, big market club, there are only so many of those available. For lulz, the three Cali teams, two NYC teams, the Devils, Boston, Miami, Philadelphia*, Washington*. The last two are coastal adjacent'ish. Intentionally left off Carolina and Tampa Bay.

So, not every one of those teams will be able to offer him (cap reasons), and some are just not going to be in contention anyway (undesirable location). There are 30 other teams, and he may be limiting himself to 10, or fewer. So, the winning club may indeed pay less than $10m/yr, the whole, "you're a piece to the puzzle, but these other moving parts need some grease too." If it were just money, he stays in Lumbus.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Dreger mentioned the Flyers, Isles, Panthers, Kings, Sharks, & Rangers. But mentioned the Kings & Rangers current roster/organization situation might not be the most attractive. He mentioned the Pens & Blues but said it would likely cost them more than the other teams given their locations.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Sharks would probably be a team to watch if they can’t get Karlsson extended. They apparently put the most money on the table for Tavares. I would say given the other contracts he’s handed out recently Doug Wilson is operating like a man who’s not sticking around to the end of the contracts anyway.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I'd be surprised if Karlsson left actually. The Sharks have become what the Flyers used to be -- well-known as a class organization where everyone was family, and a perennial contender. With the difference being the Sharks have had remarkable stability with their core.

The current Flyers have a chance to be that sort of organization, with Giroux, Voracek and Couturier as Thornton/Marleau/Pavelski.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jtown

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Dreger mentioned the Flyers, Isles, Panthers, Kings, Sharks, & Rangers. But mentioned the Kings & Rangers current roster/organization situation might not be the most attractive. He mentioned the Pens & Blues but said it would likely cost them more than the other teams given their locations.
I’m all for Panarin. Would be easily our best acquisition since briere of any sorts.

Reactions: Domino666

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Or he did a hometown shakedown. That contract is going to hamstring the Leafs for years going forward.

Possibly but I doubt it. If Auston Matthews signs for say 6 years, $60M and the cap goes up to $83M, then Tavares + Matthews will represent roughly the same % of the cap as Crosby/Malkin back in 2016-17. Crosby and Malkin are underpaid at this point, Crosby ridiculously so, and there's a decent chance Tavares will be a bargain by time his contract is over.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
We're lucky we have our star guys, like Giroux and Ghost and Couts, on such a steals of contracts so it allows us to offer so much for another top tier player, like Panarin.

If it were any other sport, Couturier would hold out. If the NHLPA had any balls, they'd basically force him to do it.

Hockey players are so dumb when it comes to money.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hockey players pretty much have very little leverage. It’s the smallest pool of overall money between the four major leagues so the concessions they have to make are always going to be lesser than the players in the other leagues.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Couts is a bargain now, but not when he signed, 3Cs who score 30-35 points a year don't get rich contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad