Miscellaneous NHL Talk, 2018 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Term is costly. Doubt they care. Just keep going until OV retires. Ghosts deal is already one of the best in the league. Should also mean de haan is getting at most 5 mill as the market must not be that great if Carlson went back to the caps so fast.

Anything over $4 for de Haan is overpayment. That will be a rough contract that some team will regret.

Reactions: TheKingPin

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Barzal and Eichel should get picked over Provorov.

Hanifin, Werenski, and Boeser are in the mix as well

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Provorov > Barzal, Eichel.
25 minute a night defenseman with scoring chops has more value than a 1C unless that player is elite.
Though I think Provorov is 1-2 years away, he has to integrate his scoring, defense and puck handling (cut way back on turnovers).
By 2020-21 I expect him to be an elite defenseman, and one of the top ten players in the NHL.

Reactions: renberg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
25 minute a night defenseman with scoring chops has more value than a 1C unless that player is elite.
Though I think Provorov is 1-2 years away, he has to integrate his scoring, defense and puck handling (cut way back on turnovers).
By 2020-21 I expect him to be an elite defenseman, and one of the top ten players in the NHL.

I wonder how wedded he is to that redwood he uses for a stick.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018

The Provorov hype is out of control

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Harmonic should be a warning for all you people wanting to trade draft picks for "name" veterans.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I'm not so sure if Provorov will ever score enough to win a Norris.

Forwards like Eichel and Barzal are rare as well.
He just had 41 pts as a 20/21 year old with the PP not being a factor. Go look at his numbers in junior, he will easily have some 60+ point seasons and be a regular 50+ point guy. You are selling Provorov's upside way short.

Reactions: kelmitchell

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
So Dougie Hamilton’s been traded twice now for supposed off the ice issues but no one lists any specific evidence as to what. He’s basically just described as a loner whenever anybody tries to give any type of reasons.
There has to be something to it. Defenseman like him dont get traded twice by the time they are 25 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain