Miscellaneous NHL Talk, 2018 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I really like Kovy signing by LA. Another interesting thing is that while suck it Phaneuf has three years left on his contract, his last year LA can easily trade him as he has 2.25 mil salary with 5.2 caphit. I'm sure there will be some team massaging cap floor that will gladly take his stupid mug.

they also have 3 cheap forwards that are ready to play as soon as next year to displace some of their higher cap hits.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Hextall needs a win.

We don't need a Hart trophy winner for a 2nd pairing defenseman kind of win, but it would be nice.

Reactions: Rebels57

MillerTime2181

Nov 3, 2010
Agree wholeheartedly. Hex needs to move the needle this offseason. After that draft which- while not completely terrible, certainly ranks among his bottom one or two- he needs a big trade or a nice upgrade or two in UFA. This next week and a half is going to be big for him, hopefully he can pull off some magic here.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I would do 7 x $11.5m for Tavares. I have no clue if he’s interested in coming here, though.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
If Tavares goes to Dallas at his ask (12), pending UFA Spezza could easily be the new Filppula.

Assuming Heiskanen makes the team, they would have ~7MM in space with 9xF, 6D, 1G under contract. It’s workable, but not if they want to make more costly additions.

Reactions: Curufinwe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad