Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
not a fan.
giphy.gif

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Provorov > Barzal, Eichel.
25 minute a night defenseman with scoring chops has more value than a 1C unless that player is elite.
Though I think Provorov is 1-2 years away, he has to integrate his scoring, defense and puck handling (cut way back on turnovers).
By 2020-21 I expect him to be an elite defenseman, and one of the top ten players in the NHL.

maybe take Barzal out. Behind McDavid and Eichel.
if we were picking 2nd I still take Eichel.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
18% of his goals came from empty netters. On mobile, I couldn't find the assist numbers

I've seen posters pump up Provorov's offensive performance by mentioning the goals lead and 40+ points. The counting stats belie Provorov's offensive ability as elite, which it's not. I need to see him generate more away from Gostisbehere

18%? Who cares. Put that number into a bit of context why don'tcha?

I think you're looking at 18% the wrong way. 18% of 17 is not very much. In fact, 18% of 17 is barely over 3. 3.06 to be precise.

18% of his goals are EN. Okay. So he still scored 14 non-empty net goals. Sweet! Subtract his bullshit 3.06 goals from his total and he's still tied with Josi, Barrie, OEL, and a few other bigly named studs and scored more than other bigly named studs we all revere, instead of tied for the league lead in goals for defensemen.

Note: I have no idea if the other names mentioned scored any EN goals, because frankly, I don't give a damn about looking that up. Are you still unhappy with Provorov?

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
Love it. I love the jerseys we have, but man I loved the first black jerseys we had back in the 90s. These aren't exactly the same, and I would like it more if they were, but I definitely am in favor of these. Way better than the gold ones.

I have one of the black jersey's from the '90's and my big complaint with those was not enough orange. I like these way better....need to start to saving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad