Time to go read the Habs board!

EDIT- 10/10 would recommend

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Reactions: Striiker

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
For contract reasons, I understand the move for Mtl. The length of his deal was the absolute worst thing he could have done. So he did fix that issue.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I think Domi is fine and all (and truthfully probably not a lot worse than Alex), but the reason why I'm dumping on MTL so much is because:

1) At best, it's probably a lateral trade
2) It makes Montreal an even smaller team
3) Doesn't address a single need for them (Center primarily)
4) It means they got rid of Markov, Galch, Subban and Sergachev for Weber, Drouin and Domi. Just caps off the absolute bungling of assets in that organization.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Montreal should have taken that offer for Giroux+ when they had the chance.

My lord. Remember those threads?

If I remember correctly, the trades went something like:

"Galchenyuk for Giroux + 1st because of Giroux's anchor of a contract"

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Terrible trade for Montreal. They got the lesser player in a one for one swap and didnt address a need. Its going to be even worse when Bergevin gives Domi a huge contract.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Domi was probably the best they could get for Galchenyuk. Like I said on the last page, AG's value has really fallen, and I once thought very highly of him. Can't play center. 2 serious knee injuries. Alleged substance abuse issues and (multiple, I think) rehab stints. Lazy defense. Skating questions, especially with the knee. Becomes a UFA after two seasons. Domi is a year younger, quicker, doesn't have the baggage, and is under more team control contract wise. Though Domi had a down season, some bad luck probably contributed -- his shooting percentage of 6% is likely to go back up.

They are both probably 50 point players, and Domi has less baggage & a better contract situation, so I think this is a fair deal, and if I had to pick a side I'd take Domi.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

They basically have nothing to give at this point but their top pick.

They have Poehling, Scherbak, and the 35th and 38th overall picks. And maybe BUF has interest in Domi. I'm sure MTL would also be willing to part with Pacioretty in a deal. They should still have enough to put together a deal for O'Reilly if they really want him.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
They should play funeral music at the draft when Montreal and Ottawa pick their young player to ruin back to back.

Also, for the 100th time, CALL DUMB GMS, RONALD.
Hextall is building through the draft! blah blah blah

On topic though, good on Montreal for addressing a cap issue waiting to explode, seems like a poor result on the surrendered player though. Trade feels like putting lipstick on a pig, from bad situation, to bad situation, either player improving would be a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad