Miscellaneous NHL Talk, 2018 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
autopsies have to be ordered. People make stuff up yes. But to say something that damning is quite alarming. That statement will destroy someone, you don't come back from something like that.

A spontaneous abortion would require at the very least some basic blood work, on which a toxic dose of any agent would likely show up. My main point is that it isn't worth any Internet bandwidth to speculate for anyone but proper authorities.

Reactions: Zod

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
We don't. Medical pathology does at infant autopsy. We have zero need to play armchair detective. And, yes, people do make stuff like this up. It is all part of the out-of-control nihilo-narcissistic experiment called social media at which humanity is failing spectacularly.
I quoted jtowns extremely silly and naive post to say something very similar
the ground he wants covered is hundreds of miles behind this situation

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Yeah, could have just been denial though.

It’s hard to believe people capable of that would have no warning signs through the rest of their life/actions. But I guess people can be blind to the flaws of family members.
Did he have agent? That's exactly what they should be taking care of.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Then he deserves part of the blame too. Still what a mess.

Yeah the guy is as smart as a box of rocks. I get that you should/want to believe your parents aren't screwing you over but you need to at least be aware of where your money is.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Come in, @pit! Do you copy, pit?!

We need an emergency pre-draft Melnyk/Dorion post. Over.

*Randy Lee pounding frantically on the passenger side door of his car*

"Mr. Dorion, Mr. Dorion, I know you probably saw that after I drop you off in Dallas I have to drive back to Buffalo for, uh, a court thing. But there is something else..."

*Pierre Dorion rolls the window down as he discretely slips a flask inside his jacket pocket*

"Is it Hoffman's girlfriend and Karlsson's wife again? What did she say now?"

Yes sir, it's them but now it's a whole other thing - the media got a hold of it and wants a quote from you on it.

*Pierre Dorion stares at Randy Lee, slips his hand back inside his jacket, pulls out the flask, unscrews the top and then proceeds to drain it.*

Randy, you tell them Pierre said "Bi***es be cray." Now let's roll. We have two weeks to get to Dallas and I want to hit some bars on the way.

*Randy Lee sends a text and then gets into the car. Pierre gives him the nod.*

Punch it Randy.

*Tires squeal out of the Canada Tire Centre parking lot as the car fishtails away.*

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This is hockey's Colangelo's equivalent, but more of a culmination of a number of events. It's obvious a lot of people knew, and a lot of people worked hard to make sure it stayed quiet as long as possible. No major insiders willing to report on it as well.

As with anything, the questions boil down to who knew and when did they know it?

For the Senators, it's very clear, as when any organization devolves into a circus - which I feel like it happens in hockey like every year although I'm probably wrong, it's an obvious lack of organizational control. They are barely a professionally-run organization at this point, and they have to be cleaned out. Melnyk is a cheapskate so it probably won't happen. But they should be very close to league intervention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad