Miscellaneous NHL Talk, 2018 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Ok, so let me get this straight.

Cyber bullying and threatening a woman who just lost her new born child is an act of a truly sick and vile human being

Repeatedly beating and bloodying your wife is an act of a truly sick and vile human being

None of this is okay and none of this should be anywhere near the Flyers locker room.

As for the "you cant seriously be this clueless", grow up
In general I would agree. There are two types of people in this world though, those who believe in second chances and those who don't. I'm not the second type of person. Obviously you are the first. Voynov suffered significant consequences and if he is a changed person as a result I feel like he deserves another opportunity. I hate to have to explain this again but since someone feels the need to continue to bring this up and spread lies to attack my character I kind of have to. It's amazing how selective moderation is around here. Anyway, agree to disagree and move on.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
In general I would agree. There are two types of people in this world though, those who believe in second chances and those who don't. I'm not the second type of person. Obviously you are the first. Voynov suffered significant consequences and if he is a changed person as a result I feel like he deserves another opportunity. I hate to have to explain this again but since someone feels the need to continue to bring this up and spread lies to attack my character I kind of have to. It's amazing how selective moderation is around here. Anyway, agree to disagree and move on.

True, lets agree to disagree, we should just send Hoffman to Russia for several years and then he would be magically okay.

There are way more amazing things on here than just "selective moderation"...

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Fair or not Hoffman wouldn’t be the first athlete to be dragged down by the company he keeps. I don’t think he’ll be completely out of the league but his reputation will take a big hit as long as he’s with that girl.

Reactions: BillDineen

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
You are a 100% bold faced liar and deplorable of a human being.

Without giving you more recognition than you deserve, you said "I don't care what he did as long as we get a good player outta it"

If you want to clear yourself of this, then quote yourself?? You have already been called out on it/quoted by way too many people too actually have a decent back peddle..but it's funny watching you try

It takes a bold faced liar to call someone a bold faced liar. You got stones man

Again, to use another you, "just own up to it" Didn't you try that defense not long ago?

But no probs..as usual when losing an argument, I anticipate another "stalking" or " quit following me" response. Despite many of us having conversations among other posters also

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Without giving you more recognition than you deserve, you said ?
Yet you were the one who felt the need to bring this up unprovoked when it died weeks ago. How ironic is that.

Speaking of ironic. You have said several times that I said it's ok to beat a woman. Yet every time I call you out on your lies and tell you to produce a direct quote where I said those exact words you've got NOTHING. Then it's always "well you said this and I think it means that." Talk about back peddling. A little word of advice. If you are going to make a serious allegation against someone be prepared to back up your claims with something other than lies and putting words in someone's mouth to suit your duplicity.

I will say this one last time to you. I never said it was ok to beat a woman. You and I BOTH know that. Unless you can find a direct quote where I said those exact words quit your lying and keep my name out of your filthy mouth.

Last edited:

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Yet you were the one who felt the need to bring this up unprovoked when it died weeks ago. How ironic is that.

I will say this one last time to you. I never said it was ok to beat a woman. You and I BOTH know that. Unless you can find a direct quote where I said those exact words quit your lying and keep my name out of your filthy mouth.

Wait a sec. Did you not use this tactic on Striiker? But now you are using that as a defense? Wow. Scrambling much?

What you said is you are OK with forgiving a wife beater as long as you profit. So in lamens terms, you are willing to turn a blind eye

You also tried to convince us that Voynov should be forgiven despite avoiding prosecution and felt him cowering and running under a loophole was punishment enough. . Again, you went with this narrative b/c you wanted personal gain

Pretty clear what you were getting at. No irony. Just stating the obvious

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Wait a sec. Did you not use this tactic on Striiker? But now you are using that as a defense? Wow. Scrambling much?

What you said is you are OK with forgiving a wife beater as long as you profit. So in lamens terms, you are willing to turn a blind eye

You also tried to convince us that Voynov should be forgiven despite avoiding prosecution and felt him cowering and running under a loophole was punishment enough. . Again, you went with this narrative b/c you wanted personal gain

Pretty clear what you were getting at. No irony. Just stating the obvious
Still waiting for you to produce that direct quote from me where I said "it's ok to beat women." You continue to insist I said those words and yet you can't produce proof to validate your claims. Until then you will continue to expose yourself as a lying fraud.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Still waiting for you to produce that direct quote from me where I said "it's ok to beat women." You continue to insist I said those words and yet you can't produce proof to validate your claims. Until then you will continue to expose yourself as a lying fraud.

You can try to convolute your original statement all you want. You can't change the English language despite how hard you try with this line of defense repeatedly

The words "I don't care" and "aside from Rape and Murder" have you dead to rights. Yiou're kidding yourself if you think there is some sort of misinterpretation

You wanted Voynov despite his actions. End of story

Your jedi mind defense is paper thin. Your English language defense..even worse

Anyway, time for bed. I'll read a few pages of Archie and take it for what it is vs trying to twist it into another Scooby-Doo Mystery

Last edited:
Reactions: Pablo Sanchez

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I know we joke about the media does this and that, but this is abominable. There's no excuse to keep paying people like this for their thoughts.

DfioLajWAAEyn3x

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
You can try to convolute your original statement all you want. You can't change the English language despite how hard you try with this line of defense repeatedly

Your jedi mind defense is paper thin
The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

Let me know when you find that quote where I said "it's ok to beat women" so I can stop calling you out for being a lying fraud.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada

The words "I don't care" and "aside from Rape and Murder" have you dead to rights. Yiou're kidding yourself if you think there is some sort of misinterpretation

Your jedi mind defense is paper thin. Your English language defense..even worse

Anyway, time for bed. I'll read a few pages of Archie and take it for what it is vs trying to twist it into another Scooby-Doo Mystery

He's not going to admit it to. He's using Trump style deflection tactics instead of admitting that he is ok with what Voynov did as long as he gets a good player.

He could just come out and say he changed his mind after thinking about it, but that would require courage. Saying it now, you'd gain some respect around here if you did so.

Madrigal, even us lurkers can see right through your back peddle attempts.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
He's not going to admit it to. He's using Trump style deflection tactics instead of admitting that he is ok with what Voynov did as long as he gets a good player.

He could just come out and say he changed his mind after thinking about it, but that would require courage. Saying it now, you'd gain some respect around here if you did so.

Madrigal, even us lurkers can see right through your back peddle attempts.
Cool story bro.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Nick Boyntons Player Tribune came out and he claims Paul Holmgren saved his life.

Everything's Not O.K. | By Nick Boynton

Sometimes Homer is loyal to a fault. Sometimes his loyalty is anything but a fault.
we may not have a great on-ice legacy over the past few decades, but the Flyers have really done a tremendous job with their players and alums off the ice. It really is admirable, thanks for posting that, great read.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
they are not going to do any tox screen on the mother or stillborn baby without good reason to do so.
Are you a parent by chance? If not a parent, do you have a close relationship with a woman who has given birth recently (in the past few years)?

The questions are to ascertain if you are familiar with the modern hospital system and child birth. There is blood work taken out the wazoo for both the mother and the child at a birthing event. Had something been amiss at the stillbirth event, the hospital would have found it, and reported it as necessary to the appropriate authorities. This is working under the guise the Canadian medical system is similar to the US system, but I'm sure the Canadian version is probably a bit better/user friendly.

I have a ~2 y/o. When he was born, they cleaned him off, weighed him, measured him, foot print, slapped a bracelet on his wrist, and another on his ankle, then drew blood. Gave him a moment with mom & dad, then we were moved from the delivery room to the recovery room.

I believe the notion that is quoted above is incorrect. While I did not see my wife's preparation before the delivery, I'd be shocked if they did not draw her blood as well.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Nick Boyntons Player Tribune came out and he claims Paul Holmgren saved his life.

Everything's Not O.K. | By Nick Boynton

Sometimes Homer is loyal to a fault. Sometimes his loyalty is anything but a fault.

I have nothing but love for Homer. Not a perfect GM by any stretch of the imagination, but he did everything he could to get us there. There were a lot of things that went against us that were just bad luck and out of his control, and then other things that he made blunders on, but he worked his ass off to put us over the top year after year, and the fact that he never got there doesn't diminish his efforts one bit for me. I'm glad the Homer Era is over and prefer the way we are doing things now, but he was a good steward for this organization for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad