Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXVIII: Post Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Would be really interesting to see Sanheims Fresh sheet.

His model had Sanheim as one of the best ES offensive defensemen in the league this year as well as over a three year sample.

Most models generally have him as meh defensively at ES but his PKing is usually good. So in totality he generally grades out higher on those than public perception.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Imagine this offer when you just saw what Pelech signed for.

sweet_jesus.gif

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
His model had Sanheim as one of the best ES offensive defensemen in the league this year as well as over a three year sample.

Most models generally have him as meh defensively at ES but his PKing is usually good. So in totality he generally grades out higher on those than public perception.

@BritainStix

This is from last year, but

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
@BritainStix

Yikes I just threw out the 7 Million per number... and there is a estimate there of it. Hopefully last season knocked it down some. Contracts seem to skew to offensive stats being weighed heavier even for defensemen. But we can't afford another 7 million contract right now.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yikes I just threw out the 7 Million per number... and there is a estimate there of it. Hopefully last season knocked it down some. Contracts seem to skew to offensive stats being weighed heavier even for defensemen. But we can't afford another 7 million contract right now.

Fortunately, chuck is too dumb to look at real statistics, and instead pays people for leadership, veteranness, and toughness. We'll be ok on Sanheim's two year deal.

After that, he'll be another team's "problem".

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
@BritainStix

See, those nerd models just can't appreciate a hilarious locker room glue guy and so it only says their value is around 3.6 / 50 percent of reality while they overvalue soft p***yes to over 7 milion / double current status. Shame shame nerdy stats

Edit - lol the profanity filter added the "y" there :laugh:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Yeah, the most stunning thing is how at ease many Oilers fans seem to be: either it’s a hair overpay or it’s good value for a top 10 caliber defender. Had to be done! Maybe Ken Holland and Edmonton deserve each other. How McDavid never made it past the 2nd round will be talked about for decades to come. It actually infuriates me that people this incompetent exist.

58% of his ice time with McDavid. Rode a career high unsustainable shooting %. Is actually poor defensively, despite his physicality. Still only paced for 50 points, with a previous career high of 41 points. This is just bad for the league. But I’m hoping it’s Trouba 2.0 (though McDavid will get to carry him for a handful more years), and most GMs move on accordingly, like the Pelech deal. But an NHL GM did sign Nurse to that deal, and he must be right in valuation. We’ll probably be signing the same tune when Risto’s contract comes in.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeah, the most stunning thing is how at ease many Oilers fans seem to be: either it’s a hair overpay or it’s good value for a top 10 caliber defender. Maybe Ken Holland and Edmonton deserve each other. How McDavid never made it past the 2nd round will be talked about for decades to come. It actually infuriates me that people this incompetent exist.

58% of his ice time with McDavid. Rode a career high unsustainable shooting %. Is actually poor defensively, despite his physicality. Still only paced for 50. This is just bad for the league. But I’m hoping it’s Trouba 2.0 (though McDavid will get to carry him for a handful more years), and most GMs move on accordingly, like the Pelech deal. But an NHL GM did sign Nurse to that deal, and he must be right in valuation. We’ll probably be signing the same tune when Risto’s contract comes in.

You think Fletcher is going to let Ken Holland outdo him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad