Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LX: Covid Cup II nears its finale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Avs just need to run it back next year. They can easily win the Cup. Hasnt been mentioned much but Kadri being an idiot may have cost them their season. It was a blow to their C depth. Get him back and maybe add a dman and their in it.

Kadri has been one of the dumbest players in the league from the moment he started.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Avs just need to run it back next year. They can easily win the Cup. Hasnt been mentioned much but Kadri being an idiot may have cost them their season. It was a blow to their C depth. Get him back and maybe add a dman and their in it.
Landeskog is a UFA. Although since the Avs are actually a smart organization they likely already have a deal agreed to but will wait until after the Expansion draft unlike a certain other franchise...

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Interestingly, Vegas, Tampa, & the Islanders are the three heaviest teams by weight in the NHL. (207, 206, 204.) MTL is 7th at 202. Flyers are 26th at 196.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Landeskog is a UFA. Although since the Avs are actually a smart organization they likely already have a deal agreed to but will wait until after the Expansion draft unlike a certain other franchise...

Yeah he'll be re-signing.

Typical Chuck the Cuck, so afraid to lose LAUGHTON that he wont even maneuver his contract around expansion. Meanwhile the Avs are gonna have no problem doing it with a far superior player.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I don't understand the Vegas dislike, even if the Avs are great too. Vegas is basically the Islanders *starts to get hot and bothered* but better, more fun, and more skilled. Blend of physicality and pace.

It was a blow to their C depth. Get him back and maybe add a dman and their in it.

I'm just going to say it: trade Girard for a defenseman more capable in the trenches.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado shouldn’t judge themselves too harshly for losing to Vegas just because it’s the second round

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I don't understand the Vegas dislike, even if the Avs are great too. Vegas is basically the Islanders but better, more fun, and more skilled. Blend of physicality and pace.

I'm just going to say it: trade Girard for a defenseman more capable in the trenches.

Vegas hasn't suffered. I have suffered for 45 years. Vegas can suck it.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Vegas hasn't suffered. I have suffered for 45 years. Vegas can suck it.

They're not in our conference, and the Flyers suffer because of the Flyers. It's not Vegas' fault! :laugh:

The f***ing Canes won in 2006, and they're still my ECF #2. I do really like Vegas, but I don't want the $300 million cap team to win, even if I rooted for Tampa in the past. In the end, Vegas is a middle finger to perma-mediocre teams like the Flyers, and I'm here for it.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I don't understand the Vegas dislike, even if the Avs are great too. Vegas is basically the Islanders *starts to get hot and bothered* but better, more fun, and more skilled. Blend of physicality and pace.

I dislike the city but it's hard to dislike the team. They still have a bit of the cinderella tag for me, given all their success since they became a club only a few years ago. Very impressive roster management, gotta now pull for Vegas to win the cup. The lightning essentially are just abusing the cap rules.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Gun to head: Girard* or Braun?

*jokes aside, he was pathetic tonight, but he's usually not. He'll learn and grow from it i'm sure.

Reactions: Magua
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad