Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LII: Covid Cup Final Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
He plays on one of the worst teams in the league, and at age 18-20, he is already better than someone like Kevin Hayes by every single measure. Maybe a marginal RFA overpay at first, but that contract will get a lot of value over 7 years, I wager. He gets lost in the shuffle of those other top 5 picks being superstars, but he’s still a stud and one of the better all-around young players of his age. I wish Patrick performed like Hischier and we could give him that deal.

Hes had some shortened seasons but he has scored less since his rookie year. 52-42-36 all with inverse games played though. Career high so far of 20 goals. But he’s also 21. I don’t think it’s a horrible deal, but it’s not like he was taking over games and waiting on the finish. He was pretty invisible against us anyway. Hughes has 7 goals and 21 pts. Let’s say he progresses and scores 65 pts in his contract year. Do you give him 9 mill given the internal comp? Now you’re banking on 2 guys progressing which should happen but if it doesn’t it’s not good.

We would all like Patrick to have earned that kind of contract. He want far off Hischier in their last years. But Patrick should make a lot less the next 1-2 years and still likely less for the contract after that.

Hayes’ deal will not mature well, but there is obviously some context there and it’s not a comparison.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Tampa wins, it will be because of a gritty guy like Goodrow. That’s the difference maker this season compared to last. Such a good HockeyGuy story, it writes itself.

It'll be because they add Goodrow, Coleman, Maroon, Shattenkirk, L Schenn and Bogosian, and traded for Cernak a couple years ago. They're a much deeper, more physical team.
A Mr Softee team has survived the gauntlet of Columbus, Boston, the Islanders and now Dallas w/o Stamkos.
They've scored 56 goals in 18 games, but only allowed 37.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Well this is interesting...

A few Sharks players involved in a Bribery scandal

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
It pleases me to know MTL had cap space and blew their load on guys like Jake Allen and Joel Edmondson before realizing Pietrangelo was available

While I agree on Montreal's curious priority list to spend their free cap, their only strength is RHD, though. Who among Pietrangelo, Weber, or Petry goes to the left?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

Could Dreger be anymore vague? It’s apparently their AGM/Director of Scouting.

Don't need a Director of Scouting if you don't have draft picks.

200.gif

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

My main man, Ken Holland. :laugh:

Absolutely no doubt I could choose ~5 or more posters here that what do a better job than many of these hockey man, boomer frauds.

I seem to recall some other posters expressing a high level of interest in AA at some point this season. If memory serves, one notable poster wanted to send Ghost for him, because we needed a speedy SNIPAH™!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad