Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LI: Covid Cup Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I've got a Venmo-sized hole in my wallet.

giphy.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
"How dare you jokingly insinuate that I'm a child?"

*one sentence later*

"You really are a child. You're like a 5 year old child. There's something wrong with you."

As someone who has a little experience with people calling him a child, my advice would be to suck it up and not take shit so seriously. :laugh:

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm

That riak is equally true for the teams in Allsvenskan who are taking these guys in on short term loans.
There is obviously a non-zero probability that the Swedish leagues will have to suspend the season as well in case of an outbreak amongst the players. And Swedish teams probably have a high risk of contarcting cases since there is no plan to play in bubbles, nor do I think Swedish hockey have the financial muscles to organise hub cities for two leagues with respect to everything off ice.

Currently there are two organisations who have suspended their preseason after multiple confirmed cases - after these two teams had met in a preseason game. What happens if this happens during the regular season? No one knows. If I'd venture a guess: the seasons will be cancelled. And then we are back to square one.

Regardless, it's lead to an arms race in Allsvenskan to pick up players who are on the fringe of making the NHL on short term loans in the hopes that a) the season can be played in full, b) these players don't make the NHL and c) return to the loaning clubs. And that relies on the assumption that the AHL doesn't get started at all.

Personally, I hope all three scenarios ring true as my team Södertälje (mentioned above) has four of these short term loans. But I have my doubts.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
That shit is bonkers, just wow

seriously! I still can't believe he intentionally did that and it was just a perfect pass at high speed to point. Did it all in stride. There are guys like mcdavid and mackinnon that are unreal and then the insanely creative like kucherov and datsyuk. Unreal play

Reactions: Domino666

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Everybody talks about Point, but Kucherov is still the best player on that team.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Re Provorov debate. For the most of the year when the team was just clicking at 100% let's not discount the fact that one of the biggest part of it was Provy. Ignore his PP role or TOI but when you can go all season without really having a bad game that has a huge trickle down effect on rest of your lineup and let's not act like any time he had a puck on his stick this postseason he wasn't the only dmen alongside Myers perhaps who would make successful outlet passes consciously avoiding ever to defer to Niskanen who still managed to stand out in a bad way alongside him. if you look back to rangers teams he truly was doing his best to be McDonagh to Niskanens Girardi. Provy is amazing player and f*** everyone who thinks otherwise. Give him a competent coach or a partner like Jones and all the casuals would be creaming themselves just like they were back in 17-18 when Tampa made conference finals and everyone was ready to crown him next Zubov. Our coaches may have been the single biggest disappointment this off-season but let's not have their incompetence turn us against the young talent we have.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Re Provorov debate. For the most of the year when the team was just clicking at 100% let's not discount the fact that one of the biggest part of it was Provy. Ignore his PP role or TOI but when you can go all season without really having a bad game that has a huge trickle down effect on rest of your lineup and let's not act like any time he had a puck on his stick this postseason he wasn't the only dmen alongside Myers perhaps who would make successful outlet passes consciously avoiding ever to defer to Niskanen who still managed to stand out in a bad way alongside him. if you look back to rangers teams he truly was doing his best to be McDonagh to Niskanens Girardi. Provy is amazing player and f*** everyone who thinks otherwise. Give him a competent coach or a partner like Jones and all the casuals would be creaming themselves just like they were back in 17-18 when Tampa made conference finals and everyone was ready to crown him next Zubov. Our coaches may have been the single biggest disappointment this off-season but let's not have their incompetence turn us against the young talent we have.
amen. Can't believe some thought niskanen was "carrying" provorov. He has been carrying players his whole flyers career (outside when ghost was with him). There not many better 23 yr old dmen in the nhl rn. I know a lot of people would rather have those "sexy" offensive guys like hughes but you win with guys like provorov, pietrangelo, doughty..

Reactions: LorneMalvo

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
amen. Can't believe some thought niskanen was "carrying" provorov. He has been carrying players his whole flyers career (outside when ghost was with him). There not many better 23 yr old dmen in the nhl rn. I know a lot of people would rather have those "sexy" offensive guys like hughes but you win with guys like provorov, pietrangelo, doughty..
Please tell me you wouldn't take Provorov over Hughes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad