Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: 2016/17 Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
yeah Giroux is far from a sniper. He has a good shot, especially when he can let lose that one timer from the dot but I would not call him a sniper at all. Last true sniper the Flyers had was Carter.

Giroux gets pretty good velocity on his PP one-timers, but he doesn't bury many of them. And it's fairly rare to see him snap a wrister by a goalie. He's never scored 30 & is coming off a mere 14. The Flyers don't have a sniper at forward. Schenn I guess is closest, but he's still better at getting to the garbage.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Another fast start for the Caps.

Ovi with a rocket again. 2-0 already.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
yeah Giroux is far from a sniper. He has a good shot, especially when he can let lose that one timer from the dot but I would not call him a sniper at all. Last true sniper the Flyers had was Carter.
he's still our best. Ergo...a major part of our 5v5 problem.

People mentioning Schenn...watch a goal montage...the majority of what he gets are redirects and rebounds off of other shots. He's not a "goal scorer" talent (ie not consistent with shot placement).

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
goalie body language is like ffffff....

Admittedly, I love OV as a player. Doesn't cry and isn't a cheap shot artist. Just hard work, physical play, and generational talent.
Yeah, he's the reason I wouldn't mind the Caps making it to the Final.
Guy just deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad