Speculation: Minor League Affiliates (Hershey Bears, SC Stingrays) - summer 2018 to summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

Only two lineup changes. Colby Williams in for Geisser and Vitek in for Sammy. They really are going to do a rotation of the goalies. Interesting

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The OT game winner was a pretty good shot. Lorito used Lewington as a screen and Vanecek couldn’t track it. The Bears didn’t play awful, but they need to generate some more scoring chances. Bridgeport ended the game with 40+ shots on goal but a lot of those shots were pretty low quality.

The second line of Walker-Megna-Whitney needs a refresh or needs to pick it up offensively. Their cycle game has been great but not a ton of actual production besides the Megna SH goal tonight. Whitney needs to sit IMO. He’s small and only has speed and has been manhandled so far this series. Flip him for Snively

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
We need to roll with Sammy...love V but Sammy is the stud.
Vitek was very good last night but I agree I think they should have rolled with one or the other to play off the momentum. Either give Vitek the net in game 3 after he has a 39 save shutout or roll with Sammy after the game 3 victory with 2-3 huge stops

Reactions: Hivemind

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Pinho with the OT winner. Bears win the best of five season against Bridgeport. On to the next round. Samsonov was Hershey's goalie for this game.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
It looks like the Bears advance with a 3-2 OT victory. Goals by Whitney and Barber (both on assists from Megna and Walker) with the game winner by Pinho (assisted by Pilon). Samsonov in net.
Nice for the AHLers to get loff experience and a bit of success thus far.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
What a game. Feel very good for Pinho who was a healthy scratch earlier in the series. Charlotte was the best team in the AHL this season but has lost a few guys with Carolina being in the playoffs. The Bears actually played very well against them in the season series as well.

Side note: Joe Snively is apparently back at school and was unavailable for the last few games. Hopefully he returns for this series

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Carolina loses both TVR and Mrazek so far in today’s game. Could mean multiple recalls from Charlotte

Edit: one more

Last edited:

Jun 15, 2007
It’s looking like Siegenthaler and DSP aren’t going to be sent down to Hershey. Parker Milner was sent down today to be the Bears third goaltender

DSP I get. He's done with the org, pretty much. Why not siege?

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Fjallby at it again.

11 pts in 11 playoff games thus far.

The beautiful game is often used to describe soccer/futbol, but plays like that help to make the case for hockey. Would love to see the NHL move to International size ice but I know it'll never happen because it would eat into the seating area hence revenue. Just the same, bigger ice surface would really emphasize the skill game. Also love the European league arenas and jerseys looking like NASCAR on steroids.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Fjallby at it again.

11 pts in 11 playoff games thus far.

Maybe going home was the right move after all.

The beautiful game is often used to describe soccer/futbol, but plays like that help to make the case for hockey. Would love to see the NHL move to International size ice but I know it'll never happen because it would eat into the seating area hence revenue. Just the same, bigger ice surface would really emphasize the skill game. Also love the European league arenas and jerseys looking like NASCAR on steroids.
Woof. International hockey to me is like the Ice Capades. I would so miss the physical part of the game. Furthermore, when we see skill in the NA game, we know it's even more impressive because it's so much harder to make those plays on the smaller rink.

Reactions: racingmoose

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

I’ve been saying move to international size ice for a while. And it honestly wouldn’t take that many seats, and the prices would all move back one. So you would lose a couple of the cheap seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad