Speculation: Minor League Affiliates (Hershey Bears, SC Stingrays) - summer 2018 to summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I wonder if Alexeyev's development changes the way they look at their roster and prospect pipeline. Would they entertain trading a guy like Siegenthaler or Johansen for a similarly calibrated forward prospect? Will they look to trade one of their current blueliners to give a spot to AA? All six current defensemen + Siegenthaler, Johansen, AA, Hobbs, Lewington, etc... that's a lot of depth on defense.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I was on the road in mountains. Downloaded the game and watched it in the bus on the way home. So I didnt know the result, hehe. That game was awesome.
I was watching via a terrible webstream that buffered as he would up for the shot. I sat there in suspense for about 20 seconds waiting to see what happened. My roommate at the time can attest to me having my arms in the air in anticipation.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I wonder if Alexeyev's development changes the way they look at their roster and prospect pipeline. Would they entertain trading a guy like Siegenthaler or Johansen for a similarly calibrated forward prospect? Will they look to trade one of their current blueliners to give a spot to AA? All six current defensemen + Siegenthaler, Johansen, AA, Hobbs, Lewington, etc... that's a lot of depth on defense.
I wouldn't make such a trade until the prospect is actively pushing for an NHL roster spot. Too much can change very quickly when it comes to NHL depth charts, particularly when you're projecting a couple years into the future.

Reactions: lakai17

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I wouldn't make such a trade until the prospect is actively pushing for an NHL roster spot. Too much can change very quickly when it comes to NHL depth charts, particularly when you're projecting a couple years into the future.
If they do trade one of them I'd prefer it be one of the left dmen. We dont have as much depth on the right side.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I look at Sieg, Johansen, Hobbs, Lewington as more expendable because of each other than impacted by Alex Alex

Kuz

May 11, 2015
ll six current defensemen + Siegenthaler, Johansen, AA, Hobbs, Lewington, etc... that's a lot of depth on defense.

At least it looks like its time to draft some forwards earlier. The only forward drafted in the first two rounds in the 4 last drafts are Kody Clark. I would have liked that they drafted someone with more potential. Clark have good size and might be a 3rd-4th liner in the future, but thats not the hardest thing to find. I would have liked it if they would have gone for some of the guys who have produced a lot of points in juniors and have a higher ceiling.

Like after Feherveary and Clark (Caps drafted 46th and 47th) the next forwards drafted where Marchenko and Akil Thomas. Those guys have produced a lot of points in juniors and have a much higher chance of being top 6 players. Or I would have liked them to pick a guy like Nordgren or Khovanov. Nordgren dominated in juniors and is now establishing himself in the finnish top division. While Khovanov where seen as the 2nd best russian prospect going into the season, but injuries his two last seasons made him drop a lot, but the talent is there and hes producing in the QMJHL after coming back.

We have enough prospects like Clark that might make the NHL as a solid 3rd to 4th liner and also enough d-prospects like Fehervary. Having some of the guys mentioned that might have potential to be top line or top 6 forwards is what the Caps lack in their prospectpool.

Silky mitts

Mar 9, 2004
From Friedman's 31 things
With Rutherford mildly annoyed at his team, one of the players who most intrigues opposing teams isn’t even on his current roster. That would be Calen Addison, a right-shooting defenceman at WHL Lethbridge. Addison, taken 53rd in last June’s draft, has 20 points in his first 18 games. Two of the three defenders ahead of him in scoring were 2018 first-rounders: Spokane’s Ty Smith (17th, New Jersey) and Red Deer’s Alexander Alexeyev (31st, Washington).

Smith and Addison are 5'11"and 5'10", Alexeyev is 6'4"

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I'm like 4-5 games behind on Hershey. I work in the magical world of distribution and right now is holiday season so my life is ruined until new years. Going to watch them all on demand but might not be able to catch up as far as analysis goes on them like I have been. :( Super sad about AJF going back too, the last 5 games or so he started to look more comfortable and figured out how to handle the puck against real competition instead of skating 100mph straight ahead and turning it over every time he touched it. Hope he doesn't get away with that in Sweden cause if he goes back to how he was to start the season I'm not so sure "playing against men in Sweden" is positive development for the thing he needs to work on the most. He needs to face people who will tightly check him and teach him that you can't just blow past every person on earth even though you have otherworldly speed that makes it ever so tempting.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I know Samsanov has all the hype but I'm surprised Vanecek didn't get the call as he's been in the organisation for so long and seemed to be fighting hard for Copley's spot in training camp

Just a year apart from each other. Samsonov with more hype and the bigger name meaning Vanecek will have to continue battling hard in his shadow.

Vanecek does have some game I believe and better numbers in Hershey this season too, it's early so I'm interested to see how they both progress.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I know Samsanov has all the hype but I'm surprised Vanecek didn't get the call as he's been in the organisation for so long and seemed to be fighting hard for Copley's spot in training camp

The WP reports that Vanacek is out with and injury so that wasn't an option for him to be the backup.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Seems like it is kind of only a matter of time until Barber gets another call-up. He has been ripping it up down in Hershey lately.
Was saying this to my brother at the game last night. His goal last night was a legit snipe that was perfectly placed. He probably would have gotten the call last year if it wasn’t for another season ending injury. Wouldn’t mind giving him a shot if the bottom 6 secondary scoring dries up

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I got it covered for you.

1st Period: Good
2nd Period: They sucked
3rd Period: They still sucked

Pretty much sums it up. For real though, the goalie, Milner, was trash.
Hobbs looked good, Walker gets knocked over from a player skating by him very fast, nothing else stood out.

On a positive note one of the players on the pee wee team knew someone who got the boys in the locker room during the second period, so that was cool. My son got pushed out of the way in the tunnel by an equipment guy rushing back to get a skate blade. Highlight of the night really. ;)

123_1.jpeg

Last edited:

Silky mitts

Mar 9, 2004
Pretty much sums it up. For real though, the goalie, Milner, was trash.
Hobbs looked good, Walker gets knocked over from a player skating by him very fast, nothing else stood out.

On a positive note one of the players on the pee wee team knew someone who got the boys in the locker room during the second period, so that was cool. My son got pushed out of the way in the tunnel by an equipment guy rushing back to get a skate blade. Highlight of the night really. ;)

View attachment 155941
Does that kid with the orange jersey have 4 Arms, and if so is he your goalie?

Reactions: VaCaps Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad