Value of: Minnesota's Abundance of LWers (to your team)

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Alex Nylander for Zucker? Greenway and Foligno offer elements Buffalo needs, but I'm looking at a way to replace Sheary in the lineup.
I'm very leery of Nylander, but if Fenton wants younger, talented forwards that haven't gotten prime NHL opportunities yet it does make some sense.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
8th OA for 12 OA + Zucker/Donato/Fiala

Not a chance.

I'm very leery of Nylander, but if Fenton wants younger, talented forwards that haven't gotten prime NHL opportunities yet it does make some sense.

A little bit concerning that Buffalo has no secondary scoring to speak of and Nylander still isn't getting a shot. 31 points in 49 games in the AHL doesn't exactly scream NHL scorer either.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Not a chance.

A little bit concerning that Buffalo has no secondary scoring to speak of and Nylander still isn't getting a shot. 31 points in 49 games in the AHL doesn't exactly scream NHL scorer either.
I'd still do it for Zucker then.

On a side note, has Donato played as well as his statline suggests? He's a player I really wanted the Oilers to trade for when he was on Boston.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'd still do it for Zucker then.

On a side note, has Donato played as well as his statline suggests? He's a player I really wanted the Oilers to trade for when he was on Boston.

He always seems to be getting and generating chances. I wouldn't count on him being a point per game guy in the future, but he definitely deserved most of the points he got. Felt like he was a bit snakebit as far as goals go though.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Not a chance.

Very concerning, but he also seems like a guy that's done a little better in his very brief NHL time, so I'm not sure what to think. I'm not eager to gamble on a change of scenery doing him good, but I can't shake the feeling that it might.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Very concerning, but he also seems like a guy that's done a little better in his very brief NHL time, so I'm not sure what to think. I'm not eager to gamble on a change of scenery doing him good, but I can't shake the feeling that it might.

6 points in 19 career games, I wouldn't exactly go writing letters home about what he's done in the NHL. He's basically his brother but worse in every way. Hard pass on that one unless we're giving up pennies on the dollar.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
6 points in 19 career games, I wouldn't exactly go writing letters home about what he's done in the NHL. He's basically his brother but worse in every way. Hard pass on that one unless we're giving up pennies on the dollar.
Would you do something like Canucks 10th + Gaudette + Virtanen for your 12th and Zucker?

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Minnesota is currently stacked at the left wing position. They currently have Parise (NMC), Fiala, Donato, Zucker, Greenway, and Foligno. Not to mention Staal, Koivu(NMC), Rask, and Eriksson Ek are all lefties as well. Also, Minnesota's top prospect, Kirill Kaprizov, is yet another leftie even though he might prefer the right side. Minnesota's right handed forwards include Kunin, Brown, and Aberg (RFA, likely not coming back).

What would you offer for the following players in terms of draft picks and/or right handed prospects/roster players? I'll include the best offers in the op after a bit.

Fiala -
Donato -
Zucker -
Greenway -
Foligno -
Eriksson Ek -
Rask -
Greenway for Madden?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Granlund back for Fiala pls
I can’t believe that I’m saying this, but no. I think Fiala could be a good one if he figures out how to try and do less, and Granlunds play for the last half of the season was frightening.

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
Fiala's game is already better than Granlund's. Consistancy is what is missing.
Fiala’s game might be better than what Granlund’s game is RIGHT NOW. ”Already” is not the correct term here, as development paths are not linear.

Fiala’s playing the best he’s ever played. Granlund’s having one of the worst stretches of his career.

Fiala’s level of play (the best that he’s shown) is still far from the best Granlund has shown.

Like the other poster said earlier: it’s more likely Granlund returns back to being his usual self than Fiala ever reaching that level.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Not a chance.

His production, AHL and NHL, is similar to Kunin. If they would do Nylander for Zucker I guess I’d be fine with it. I mean there’s definite top 6 right shot forward potential there. The kid is 20 and plays a skill game. I wouldn’t want to do it, naturally, but knowing what Fenton will likely do and that Zucker is a goner, I’m fine with it.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Fiala’s game might be better than what Granlund’s game is RIGHT NOW. ”Already” is not the correct term here, as development paths are not linear.

Fiala’s playing the best he’s ever played. Granlund’s having one of the worst stretches of his career.

Fiala’s level of play (the best that he’s shown) is still far from the best Granlund has shown.

Like the other poster said earlier: it’s more likely Granlund returns back to being his usual self than Fiala ever reaching that level.
He was the other poster you’re referring to. Not sure what you’re trying to argue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad