Value of: Minnesota's Abundance of LWers (to your team)

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Ok. When has he played better then?

Granlund’s level is still far ahead.
Maybe his stretch in 2017-2018 where he scored 8 goals and 12 points in 12 games during the month of December is better than the 7 points he had in 19 games with Minnesota. I’m sure that there are for more stretches where he played better too. He wasn’t great when he got here, but the skill is obvious.

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
Maybe his stretch in 2017-2018 where he scored 8 goals and 12 points in 12 games during the month of December is better than the 7 points he had in 19 games with Minnesota. I’m sure that there are for more stretches where he played better too. He wasn’t great when he got here, but the skill is obvious.
That’s even smaller sample size.

The point still stands: what we are seeing ”right now” is more likely the exception, not the rule.

Granlund has already proven many times, during long stretches that he’s s first line forward, an elite playmaker and great two-way player in this league. A bad stretch after a trade is not washing that away.

Like said before: more likely Granlund returns to his old self than Fiala ever reaches that level.

Reactions: BlackBusa24

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Fiala was not playing “the best he’s ever played”
Fiala, in his time with the Wild, has had a couple of moments of brilliance, a few of competence, and a whole bunch "WTF?" plays and turnovers. He has more physical talent than Granlund(i.e. speed, strength), and some of the skill, but his hockey IQ isn't there, so far...it's not really close. Trading Granlund was a mistake, and trading Granlund for Fiala alone was an even bigger one.

Oh, and i like Madden, but Greenway is a whole couple tiers above him. He is just scratching the surface of what he is going to be able to do in the NHL, and it's already impressive. If you look at his points totals and judge him by that alone you don't understand his value, or more to the point, what his value is likely to be in a couple of years. He's just a pup, and growing, and is already doing some awesome things. He needs to get stronger, and more consistent.

If Fenton trades him ....:banghead:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Out of the list I would LOVE to get Greenway on the Coyotes. How about Christian Fischer?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Greenway+ 2nd for Kapanen or Greenway+Kaprizov for Nylander.
Kapanen and Nylander both make sense as targets for Minnesota, but I don't think it's a good idea to give up Kaprizov. Ditto for Greenway, though I might be more attached to him than some Wild fans.

I'd be interested in a deal around Zucker and Kapanen, but it seems like the Leafs already have a similar-ish player in Johnsson.

Out of the list I would LOVE to get Greenway on the Coyotes. How about Christian Fischer?

Similar thoughts here: I don't think it's a bad proposal, but I don't think we should trade Greenway. I do think Fischer makes a decent target in a Zucker trade; Arizona's been rumored to have interest in the past, but I'm not sure where they're at now.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I can’t believe that I’m saying this, but no. I think Fiala could be a good one if he figures out how to try and do less, and Granlunds play for the last half of the season was frightening.

We'd be crazy not to take Granlund back. Even if it meant to ship him right back off for a much better deal when Fenton actually does his job and reaches out to the 29 other teams in the league.

Granlund will explode when he finds chemistry with his linemates. His whole game revolves around knowing where people are going to be and then somehow getting the puck to them.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
We'd be crazy not to take Granlund back. T sEven if it meant to ship him right back off for a much better deal when Fenton actually does his job and reaches out to the 29 other teams in the league.

Granlund will explode when he finds chemistry with his linemates. His whole game revolves around knowing where people are going to be and then somehow getting the puck to them.
I agree that he could explode, but I just can’t shake the feeling that maybe he’s peaked.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
We'd be crazy not to take Granlund back. Even if it meant to ship him right back off for a much better deal when Fenton actually does his job and reaches out to the 29 other teams in the league.

How about we just sign him in 15 months? Then we've got still got Fiala. That gives us another year to retool and then we could be adding Kaprizov and Granlund back.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
How about we just sign him in 15 months? Then we've got still got Fiala. That gives us another year to retool and then we could be adding Kaprizov and Granlund back.

I like the way you think. That'd be a move that wins back my support for Fenton if he could pull that off. I don't think there are too many instances of trading a guy and having him re-sign with your club 2 seasons after though.

I agree that he could explode, but I just can’t shake the feeling that maybe he’s peaked.

I really doubt it honestly. There's no aspect of his game that should have taken a hit. Everybody struggled this year and shitty play seems to be contagious.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Fiala’s game might be better than what Granlund’s game is RIGHT NOW. ”Already” is not the correct term here, as development paths are not linear.

Fiala’s playing the best he’s ever played. Granlund’s having one of the worst stretches of his career.

Fiala’s level of play (the best that he’s shown) is still far from the best Granlund has shown.

Like the other poster said earlier: it’s more likely Granlund returns back to being his usual self than Fiala ever reaching that level.
Fiala isn't playing the best he's ever played.
What exactly is "Granlund's usual self"? He has 7 years in the NHL now and for all but about 2 of those years he's been a 40ish point player. At this point, his 20 goal 60 point seasons are the exception, not the rule.

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
fiala shows some offencive skill but sucks at every other part of the game, granlund is a complete player. fenton is on crack.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Gimme Zucker. Now. He needs to be flying around with MacK n Mikko ASAP.

Kerfoot+2nd or maybe something around Jost?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Gimme Zucker. Now. He needs to be flying around with MacK n Mikko ASAP.

Kerfoot+2nd or maybe something around Jost?
Jost for Zucker.
What's more, that is completely the way Fenton has been operating. Younger, cheaper player for established, more expensive young'ish vet. For better or worse, he blew up the core of our forwards when he moved Nino, Coyle, and Granlund. Moving Zucker would just finish the job.

I think Jost is about what the Wild can expect. Zucker would be a fit on the Avs, making them faster and more balanced scoring wise. He and his wife are very established in the twin cities(she is a media personality, and they are big into charity work), but Denver would probably be the place he would choose to go if he had to be traded because of his college time there...maybe Vegas, too, his hometown.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Jost for Zucker.
What's more, that is completely the way Fenton has been operating. Younger, cheaper player for established, more expensive young'ish vet. For better or worse, he blew up the core of our forwards when he moved Nino, Coyle, and Granlund. Moving Zucker would just finish the job.

I think Jost is about what the Wild can expect. Zucker would be a fit on the Avs, making them faster and more balanced scoring wise. He and his wife are very established in the twin cities(she is a media personality, and they are big into charity work), but Denver would probably be the place he would choose to go if he had to be traded because of his college time there...maybe Vegas, too, his hometown.

Before Cooke happened 5 years ago, I used to like the Wild; having had a great time when I visited the twin cities...at least until it became a horrible time, but that was my fault for ruining it at the end...with my favorite Minnesota players having been Haula, Zucker & Spurgeon. So no need to sell me on Zuck, or how well he'd fit next to MacK :laugh:

I'd probably do Jost for Zucker myself...I'd ideally want a 3rd/4th or some minor sweetener, but would probably pull the trigger on it straight up if that was an issue for Felton; assuming we don't come out of FA with 2 legit top 6ers.

That said, I dunno if Sakic would make that 1-for-1; as Jost seems to be a bit of a pet project for Joe.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Before Cooke happened 5 years ago, I used to like the Wild; having had a great time when I visited the twin cities...at least until it became a horrible time, but that was my fault for ruining it at the end...with my favorite Minnesota players having been Haula, Zucker & Spurgeon. So no need to sell me on Zuck, or how well he'd fit next to MacK :laugh:

I'd probably do Jost for Zucker myself...I'd ideally want a 3rd/4th or some minor sweetener, but would probably pull the trigger on it straight up if that was an issue for Felton; assuming we don't come out of FA with 2 legit top 6ers.

That said, I dunno if Sakic would make that 1-for-1; as Jost seems to be a bit of a pet project for Joe.

I like you less now, but I still like you

Reactions: cgf

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I was young, dumb...and there was a girl involved...

Ok, you're forgiven on all accounts.

Here is a secret I'll share.. My Avs T-shirt is bad luck during their games.. however a f***ing green shirt I love has been good luck in the regular season and playoffs. It drives me bonkers lol. It is definitely more Mild colored than Dallas too. It's my second favorite shirt that I own too.

My Seattle Seahawks lime green American Fighter shirt has been good luck in games as well. So weird..

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Ok, you're forgiven on all accounts.

Here is a secret I'll share.. My Avs T-shirt is bad luck during their games.. however a ****ing green shirt I love has been good luck in the regular season and playoffs. It drives me bonkers lol. It is definitely more Mild colored than Dallas too. It's my second favorite shirt that I own too.

My Seattle Seahawks lime green American Fighter shirt has been good luck in games as well. So weird..

8362d259-fa0b-4932-b606-02ebc878ae6b.gif

(I'm obviously the pretty one)

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad