Value of: Minnesota's Abundance of LWers (to your team)

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Minnesota is currently stacked at the left wing position. They currently have Parise (NMC), Fiala, Donato, Zucker, Greenway, and Foligno. Not to mention Staal, Koivu(NMC), Rask, and Eriksson Ek are all lefties as well. Also, Minnesota's top prospect, Kirill Kaprizov, is yet another leftie even though he might prefer the right side. Minnesota's right handed forwards include Kunin, Brown, and Aberg (RFA, likely not coming back).

What would you offer for the following players in terms of draft picks and/or right handed prospects/roster players? I'll include the best offers in the op after a bit.

Fiala -
Donato -
Zucker -
Greenway -
Foligno -
Eriksson Ek -
Rask -

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I can't speak for every team but my team seems to have alot of left wings both on the roster and prospect wise. It's to the point we have left wings playing RW and center due to the fact we have an abundance of them.

It's my opinion that wingers are the least valuable position in hockey and LW is less valuable than right wingers because their is way more good left wings out there than right wings.

I always say you can never have enough defense and centers but their is a point you can have to many left wings

Reactions: BabyPanda

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I can't speak for every team but my team seems to have alot of left wings both on the roster and prospect wise. It's to the point we have left wings playing RW and center due to the fact we have an abundance of them.

It's my opinion that wingers are the least valuable position in hockey and LW is less valuable than right wingers because their is way more good left wings out there than right wings.

I always say you can never have enough defense and centers but their is a point you can have to many left wings
When Minnesota is healthy they go:

L-L-L
L-L-R
L-L-L
L-L-R

L-R
L-R
L-R

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What would you look for in a Fiala or Zucker trade?

Fiala isn't getting traded. Not even a chance at that one.

Zucker trade depends on what you have to offer. Assuming you're a Canucks fan, I would think Gaudette or your '19 1st would be the only appealing pieces from our perspective. I could see Virtanen being of interest as well, though I personally don't think he should be.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
8th pick for Zucker + 12th pick

2nd rounder for Donato

2 2nds or 2020 1st top 10 protected + Puljujarvi for Fiala

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
8th pick for Zucker + 12th pick

2nd rounder for Donato

2 2nds or 2020 1st top 10 protected + Puljujarvi for Fiala

First one I'd do given the circumstances.

Not a chance for the other two. Donato was arguably our best forward after the trade deadline. 2nd rounder for him isn't even close to enough.
Same with the Fiala deal. Fenton gave up Granlund to get him, and he absolutely adores the kid. I doubt he'd do 8oa straight up for Fiala.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
First one I'd do given the circumstances.

Not a chance for the other two. Donato was arguably our best forward after the trade deadline. 2nd rounder for him isn't even close to enough.
Same with the Fiala deal. Fenton gave up Granlund to get him, and he absolutely adores the kid. I doubt he'd do 8oa straight up for Fiala.
All g

First one I wouldn't do if Turcotte/Dach are there or somehow if Byram falls.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016

Zucker trade depends on what you have to offer. Assuming you're a Canucks fan, I would think Gaudette or your '19 1st would be the only appealing pieces from our perspective. I could see Virtanen being of interest as well, though I personally don't think he should be.

I would trade Gaudette for Zucker in a heartbeat. Zucker would make a good winger for Horvat. However Zucker does have a 10 team ntc.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not until July, he doesn't.

And even then, no one knows if Vancouver would be blocked or not. Certainly fans probably never will know, so might as well speculate or discuss anything at this point.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver

Something around Gaudette, Virtanen, third? That would be doable for us. Unless you mean Gaudette straight up for Zucker. That would be cool.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Granlund back for Fiala pls
For all the angst among Wild fans about that one, I can't say I regret it.
I do, and I was not known as one of Granlund's biggest fans, though I came to respect him. I don't know what happened to him after Christmas...he had been terrific for 2 1/2 years, but his game went away. He is either hurt, or fatherhood doesn't agree with him. I also don't think that NSH has figured out how to use him. He is a guy who needs to have the puck on his stick a lot.

I would bet a lot more on the possibility of Granlund getting his game back than Fiala getting a game. The latter has some nice tools, but seems to lack judgement.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I do, and I was not known as one of Granlund's biggest fans, though I came to respect him. I don't know what happened to him after Christmas...he had been terrific for 2 1/2 years, but his game went away. He is either hurt, or fatherhood doesn't agree with him. I also don't think that NSH has figured out how to use him. He is a guy who needs to have the puck on his stick a lot.

I would bet a lot more on the possibility of Granlund getting his game back than Fiala getting a game. The latter has some nice tools, but seems to lack judgement.
Fiala's game is already better than Granlund's. Consistancy is what is missing.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Alex Nylander for Zucker? Greenway and Foligno offer elements Buffalo needs, but I'm looking at a way to replace Sheary in the lineup.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
I'd be interested in JEE if the price was right (I'd probably offer the Rangers' natural 2nd round pick or Tampa Bay's 1st if they win the Cup and we get it). That said, at that price, were I in Minnesota's shoes, I'd probably just hold on to him and see if he can put it all together.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Alex Nylander for Zucker? Greenway and Foligno offer elements Buffalo needs, but I'm looking at a way to replace Sheary in the lineup.
Alex Nylander is of no interest.

I'd be interested in JEE if the price was right (I'd probably offer the Rangers' natural 2nd round pick or Tampa Bay's 1st if they win the Cup and we get it). That said, at that price, were I in Minnesota's shoes, I'd probably just hold on to him and see if he can put it all together.
Yeah, that's what we'd do if the best offer was a late first or early second.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’d like Zucker on Dallas. Could use his speed on the left wing. Our first and a roster player?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad