GDT: Minnesota Wild vs San Jose Sharks - January 6th, 2015 - 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Is he wrong or something? He already had thrown the goaltending under the bus and htat was about the biggest (only) problem.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
Letting him walk could have been exactly what his attitude needed to. Demanding a 1-way deal and big money after a year where Bryz was the hero during the playoffs and he had a decent run before his concussion only alluded to me he was in it for the money and would go wherever it was at. If he was UFA, he would have been gone on the first day to another team. Bryz actually wanted to be here and play for this team and for these fans.

One would be trying a lot harder than what the latter is doing IMO.

The kid was holding out for a one way deal because he wanted to play in the NHL. Yes money was a factor as well, but everything I read is he wanted a 1 way to make Wild think twice about sending him to iowa.

There is absolutely no reason to give up on a young goalie like Kuemper right now, and there was even less reason to in the offseason. I'm glad you're not the Wild's GM.

DUMBA55

Jun 18, 2013
Is he wrong or something? He already had thrown the goaltending under the bus and htat was about the biggest (only) problem.

The guy is an absolute broken record. He always "likes our game" despite the fact that we're 2-8 in our last ten. Why can he never man up and at least say what everyone already knows. Maybe show some emotion; he's always lifeless. Wish he could breath some life into the guys for once - It's hard to imagine Yeo is a guy who inspires the locker room..

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
The kid was holding out for a one way deal because he wanted to play in the NHL. Yes money was a factor as well, but everything I read is he wanted a 1 way to make Wild think twice about sending him to iowa.

There is absolutely no reason to give up on a young goalie like Kuemper right now, and there was even less reason to in the offseason. I'm glad you're not the Wild's GM.

If the Wild didn't cave in to Kuemper his only choice was to play in Russia for the rest of his career. Wild still would have held his rights.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Just got back from the game. Besides yet another loss, most dead the crowd has been all year. I suppose below freezing wind chills, Tuesday night and a bad team= a "meh" vibe all night from the fans. #HomeOfTheHomeIceAdvantage

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
If the Wild didn't cave in to Kuemper his only choice was to play in Russia for the rest of his career. Wild still would have held his rights.

Right, because the KHL is where I like to put all my borderline NHL ready goaltending prospects.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Right, because the KHL is where I like to put all my borderline NHL ready goaltending prospects.

I'm just pointing out that the Wild had all the leverage. I still think Kuemper has a chance to be a good NHL goalie. This feels similar to when Carey Price was having some struggles on the Habs.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Pressure’s on GM Chuck Fletcher here. Josh Harding’s not coming back. That’s obvious. Backstrom is likely unmovable. Kuemper can’t be sent to the minors without waivers, and he’s be claimed for sure.

So either you continue to ride this instability out and have it maybe cost you this season or you trade for a goalie and probably have to keep three on the active roster. And even then there’s no assurance it saves your season when even Yeo admitted in a different context after the game, “There’s a lot of points that we’re leaving out there right now, so that’s disappointing.”

But Yeo again made very clear his displeasure tonight was with Kuemper because when a reporter asked about others not playing well tonight, he replied, “We were good tonight,” and essentially wouldn’t allow the question.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/287746461.html

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
It seems like often we always play "good" at least according to Yeo and a couple of players. They say that after every loss. At some point if you play good and always seem to lose then we aren't good in the first place. Teams that play good games don't lose as many as we have.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul

Sounds like Yeo is blaming this loss completely on Darcy. He clearly is having severe confidence issues. It's time for him to sit. Yeo has given him every opportunity to find his game and bounce back. He continues to go back to him no matter what. There isn't a back to back for two weeks. Next 6 games, give Backstrom the net. It can't get much worse. What do you really have to lose at this point. Bench him for these two weeks. Get Mason to work with him after every practice and even get a sports psychologist in there. This kid is completely broken right now and Yeo throwing him under the bus tonight isn't going to fix it.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

So, are we or are we not trying to make the playoffs? Because having a young goaltender is a recipe for a disaster, like what's happening here. Fletcher should be on the hot seat because of how badly this roster has been mismanaged from the get go.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
We couldn't do that at all this year.

Yes we could have; at the beginning. Kuemper was waiver exempt at the beginning of the year. He had a 1 way contract but that didn't mean we couldn't send him down.

BTW; James Sheppard only has 2 goals less and 9 points less than Mikko Koivu. He would be tied for third in goals (Koivu, Brodziak, Granlund/Sheppard) and third in points (Koivu, Granlund).

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Yes we could have; at the beginning. Kuemper was waiver exempt at the beginning of the year. He had a 1 way contract but that didn't mean we couldn't send him down.

BTW; James Sheppard only has 2 goals less and 9 points less than Mikko Koivu. He would be tied for third in goals (Koivu, Brodziak, Granlund/Sheppard) and third in points (Koivu, Granlund).

Sheppard has 4+7 in 35 games. He has been outscored by the great NHLers Nicolas Deslauriers(BUF), Shawn Horcoff(DAL) and Josh Jooris(CAL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad