GDT: Minnesota Wild vs San Jose Sharks - January 6th, 2015 - 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
My opinion, a lot of this could have been resolved if they just waived/bought out Harding and let Kemps walk and go to KHL or whatever he was planning on going. I would have been more confident with Bryz/Backs over what we have now.

Hindsight is massive I know, but there was already goalie controversy this offseason and when Harding broke his foot is when Kemps got the leverage.

:handclap:

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Can't continue to watch a team with Yeo behind the bench and Kuemper in the net.

At the very least, it won't be long before the former is remedied.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
My opinion, a lot of this could have been resolved if they just waived/bought out Harding and let Kemps walk and go to KHL or whatever he was planning on going. I would have been more confident with Bryz/Backs over what they have now.

Hindsight is massive I know, but there was already goalie controversy this offseason and when Harding broke his foot is when Kemps got the leverage.

Oh come on. Letting Kuemper walk would have been the dumbest move Fletcher ever made. Hell Letting Kuemper walk now would be ****ing stupid.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Here's a crazy idea. If they don't want to make a trade, start giving a guy like Zucker a ton of ice time on the top line and PP unit. Start making some vets sit.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Can't continue to watch a team with Yeo behind the bench and Kuemper in the net.

At the very least, it won't be long before the former is remedied.

Depends on pressure from Leipold I think. Fletcher just gave him a contract extension, took them to the 2nd round for the 2nd time in the history of the franchise and had them in the playoffs twice in 3 years.

We already know he won't sit veteran players

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
First year too where goaltending is really gonna cost us. We've always been fortunate with goaltending rarely being a weakness. This year, it's putting nails in the coffin.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Oh come on. Letting Kuemper walk would have been the dumbest move Fletcher ever made. Hell Letting Kuemper walk now would be ****ing stupid.

Letting him walk could have been exactly what his attitude needed to. Demanding a 1-way deal and big money after a year where Bryz was the hero during the playoffs and he had a decent run before his concussion only alluded to me he was in it for the money and would go wherever it was at. If he was UFA, he would have been gone on the first day to another team. Bryz actually wanted to be here and play for this team and for these fans.

One would be trying a lot harder than what the latter is doing IMO.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
First year too where goaltending is really gonna cost us. We've always been fortunate with goaltending rarely being a weakness. This year, it's putting nails in the coffin.

Very true. Backs was always reliable and Harding had his spurts where he played fantastic. Kemps has shown excellent play, but lately he is playing like he has to do it all himself because the defense isn't there.

Now....the question is: is that because the defense is playing more heavily in the offensive zone as opposed to last year? Last year Suter, Brodin and Scandella liked to play back a little bit to cheat in case the puck broke out and try to push the play to the walls and slow it down. Now, that isn't happening nearly as much as the goalies are probably used to. It is leading to a lot more chances front and center.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I can't copy and paste Russo's tweet at the moment, but Suter thought they played hard and that Kuemper would probably want some of those last goals back. I agree. Maybe I'm crazy though but did Suter just throw Kemps under the bus a bit?

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I can't copy and paste Russo's tweet at the moment, but Suter thought they played hard and that Kuemper would probably want some of those last goals back. I agree. Maybe I'm crazy though but did Suter just throw Kemps under the bus a bit?

Yeo definitely did.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN

I don't really think he is (at least with what he said). Just saying he's probably not happy they went in.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010

More like called him out imo.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kuemper has cost us a chance at the playoffs with his repeated meltdowns. He is not a starting quality goalie in the NHL, let alone the sort of goalie who can take you to the Cup. I have no clue what Fletcher can do... I keep thinking of Roloson playing out of his mind for EDM during their run of a few years ago. We need a guy like that.... Easier said than done.

On a positive note, Zucker was looking like Parise out there with his high energy and skill. Even though he isn't big, I don't worry about him out there like I do Granlund and Fontaine.

Koivu looked slow and old.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Koivu, Fontaine and Kuemper all had brutal games. Brodziak just isn't suited for his role he's in either...

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Vanek stepped in front of the guy. It was a penalty.

Agreed, though to call that and not call the stick hold on Spurgeon seconds earlier in a tie game with 2 mins. left shows a spectacular lack of judgement. One harkens back to the non call on Coyle during last year's playoff game against the Avs. Where's the consistency?

DUMBA55

Jun 18, 2013
@Russostrib
Yeo said he was very happy with #mnwild's game. Only thing unhappy with was passing up shots continually when ahead

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad