GDT: Minnesota Wild @ LA Kings GDT 4/4/13

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
def of stress, when you feel the urge to choke the crap out of somebody that desparately deserves it! i had a t-shirt w that saying once. wow, now that backs is ice cold our team doesnt look too good. i hope this is just temporary insanity!

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I was probably more disappointed in Brodziak than any other player last night....what the hell is up with him? He looked extremely lazy on some shifts. If it weren't for our lack of center depth at the moment, I would suggest that he should be a candidate for compliancy buyout along with Heatley if he keeps it up.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I keep noticing that Brodziak can 't receive a pass that is delivered right to him. It's like the heel of his stick is touching the ice, but the toe isn't it.

Both he and Clutterbuck look less effective this year. Didn't keep up the workouts during the strike, maybe?

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I doubt they do, that's why they come here to be with other like minded sour pusses, lol.

I'm nowhere near as explosively angry in real life as I am on here. Altho I have at times destroyed things out of anger because of a sports game.

The Vikings loss to the New Orleans Sinners in the NFC championship for example. I destroyed an old, broken down computer that I had laying around. Went full Office Space on it.

Also it's good to have some place to rant and blow off the steam that this team causes on a regular basis.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Obvious statement is obvious. But that wasnt my point to compare him to Cullen.

And I didn't ask for a critique of Granlund; he's simply not ready in my eyes. I was asking for a Cullen timetable and you asked what was wrong with Granlund. I answered.

Granny had one shift where he was close and coulda had a goal. Other than, I saw him fall into the boards on his own in the offensive zone, and just get pushed around. Still looks a LONG ways away IMO

Pretty much what I noticed also. Wasn't terrible along the boards, but he needs to move his feet a lot more.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
hardly.

re: brodz...earlier in the season Russo reported he learned late that Brodz was dealing with health issues at the beginning (I and others noticed he not only played poorly but looked ill). Maybe this is some sort of ongoing issue. He's definitely not played like the brodziak of old.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Definitely agree about not being able to express emotion through text. Also, I will be complaining and upset while typing about the game/team and at the same time, will be laughing and having fun with friends and family. So it's totally different.

I personally think it's just fine to complain and stress about our team. Why not? It's because we care. There's no such thing as a perfect way for a passionate fanbase to handle losing or tough times. I do know the emotional replies only demonstrate a very passionate fanbase and I am just fine with that.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Isn't this where we come to post our elations and/or frustrations about the team we all love?

It's a freakin message board.

I, for one, find the extreme perspectives and ship jumping rats really funny:)

I think it's great when people are passionate about **** like this.

THEALLKNOWING*

Why did it seem like Rupp was out there every other shift? Yikes.

Size? I think of any one of the Kings players as a bowling ball, with Spurgeon and Granlund being tossed around like pins as a strike is thrown.

If the Wild make the playoffs, their lack of size in key positions is really going to be exposed. And that is not a good thing.

If Brodziak, or any other Wild player has some physical issues, then they shouldn't be playing.

Finally, one of Yeo, and perhaps Mason's faults, are they don't know when to get off the ride the Backstrom train.

frozenriverrat77

Do Vu's New Voodoo
May 20, 2011
Chicago
I'm pretty sure we are going to get smoked by Columbus. They are on their way up, and we are on our way down. And they got Gaborik to waive his NTC to go there. That should tell you something.

Please, Hockey Gods, make Yeo use this lineup.

Thats what we said last year. First it was a couple bad games, then it was a funk, and then we become the first team to lead the NHL up to that point in the season and miss the playoffs completely.

We fell from 3rd to 6th place with this loss and other action tonight. There are 5 points between us and 9th place right now, and our margin of error is shrinking a lot faster than last years where it took us almost two months to fall out of the playoff picture after our skid started.

I am ****ing terrified right now, and I have been for several games.

And the worst part of this is last year we could blame the loss of Koivu and Bouchard on the skid, because those events all started at the same time.

This years skid started in the first Dallas game. The one that we actually won.

Two weeks ago we were hot **** rocketing through the NHL and blowing past everyone on the highway.

Now we are a cold, dead turd getting run over daily on a dusty gravel road.

If this does not turn around within about 2-3 games I think we're out, because we will have used up all of our margin for error.

Dude there is this thing in statistics called regression to the mean...teams that r overachieving will lose a couple in a row...teams that r underachieving will win a couple in a row...eventually over the course of a season everyone has multiple wins in a row and multiple losses...given enough time it will always regress to a mean point...the question is where is this team's mean...last year it was around the 9th and 10th spot...during the hot streak we got out shot in like every game we won and our goalies were standing on their head...I would argue the subsequent losing had little to do with vu and bouch going down...it was simply and statistic regression to where we should have been...this year is different..I think our mean point is 3-7...and we r in a little downturn

Relax...they r a playoff team

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Size? I think of any one of the Kings players as a bowling ball, with Spurgeon and Granlund being tossed around like pins as a strike is thrown.

If the Wild make the playoffs, their lack of size in key positions is really going to be exposed. And that is not a good thing.

If Brodziak, or any other Wild player has some physical issues, then they shouldn't be playing.

Finally, one of Yeo, and perhaps Mason's faults, are they don't know when to get off the ride the Backstrom train.

In most cases I find I tend to disagree with most of your posts. This, I completely agree with. The size thing has really stuck out to me since we've played SJ, LAK and STL. This group gets pounded every time we play those big teams. Now, they've done some decent work to get some slightly larger guys. But, at this point I still think the pounding of a 4-7 game series or two would just hammer this current roster.

I had in my head right after the first goal, this is on Yeo for playing Backstrom in this game. The guy is 35 and has shown signs of being worn out for 4-5 games now. I get it's a tough call, especially with the playoffs on the line. But, he hasn't looked sharp and Kuemper needs to get in some work and get up to speed. Can't do that if he's sitting all the time. Unless he completely shats the bed, he should get at least 3-4 games scattered through the next what, 12? games left.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Definitely agree about not being able to express emotion through text. Also, I will be complaining and upset while typing about the game/team and at the same time, will be laughing and having fun with friends and family. So it's totally different.

I personally think it's just fine to complain and stress about our team. Why not? It's because we care. There's no such thing as a perfect way for a passionate fanbase to handle losing or tough times. I do know the emotional replies only demonstrate a very passionate fanbase and I am just fine with that.

A coworker overhead me and another one talking about the Poms trade and we were not seeing eye to eye on it. We are a bit vocal about the team because we are passionate about hockey. After he left the other coworker told me I am worked up over nothing and that if the team died in a plane crash my life would still go on. It took every ounce of me to not tell him to shut the hell up and mind his own business and stay out of my hobbies.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Dude there is this thing in statistics called regression to the mean...teams that r overachieving will lose a couple in a row...teams that r underachieving will win a couple in a row...eventually over the course of a season everyone has multiple wins in a row and multiple losses...given enough time it will always regress to a mean point...the question is where is this team's mean...last year it was around the 9th and 10th spot...during the hot streak we got out shot in like every game we won and our goalies were standing on their head...I would argue the subsequent losing had little to do with vu and bouch going down...it was simply and statistic regression to where we should have been...this year is different..I think our mean point is 3-7...and we r in a little downturn

Relax...they r a playoff team

So you're saying the playoff order is determined at the start of the year and it's just statistical deviation up to that point?

:help:

Piffles

Jul 4, 2012
So you're saying the playoff order is determined at the start of the year and it's just statistical deviation up to that point?

:help:

I know you're a huge statistics guy - When fans post statistic related material when they clearly have no clue what is going on, does that cause you to tweak?

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
That was not a fun game to watch.

Every time Stoner sets foot on the ice now I find myself in Lethal Weapon 2 shouting "You can't touch Ambassador Stoner! He's got diplomatic immunity!"

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Well I think half the advanced stats guys are looking at the numbers backwards to begin with. I get what they are trying to do but I think they get too cute.

I mean, road even strength close attempted shot differential might be great and all, but can you talk about a small sample size? And ignoring a team's PP? Or system? Yikes.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
A coworker overhead me and another one talking about the Poms trade and we were not seeing eye to eye on it. We are a bit vocal about the team because we are passionate about hockey. After he left the other coworker told me I am worked up over nothing and that if the team died in a plane crash my life would still go on. It took every ounce of me to not tell him to shut the hell up and mind his own business and stay out of my hobbies.

"Not if the plane crashed into me, you hypothesizing monster." followed with "Sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports" until he admits defeat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad