Minnesota Wild General Discussion XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Interesting HIPAA questions.
Nah, it's covered in the CBA.

34.3 (c) (iii)

For public relations purposes a Club, the League, and/or the NHLPA may disclose the following information: (A) for injuries sustained during the course of a Player's employment as a hockey Player with the Club, including, but not limited to, travel with his team or on business requested by the Club: (I) the nature of a Player's injury, (II) the prognosis and the anticipated length of recovery from the injury, and (III) the treatment and surgical procedures undertaken or anticipated in regard to the injury; and (B) for any other medical and/or health condition that prevents a Player from rendering services to his Club: (I) the fact that a medical and/or 179 ARTICLE 34 34.3-34.3 health condition is preventing the Player from rendering services to the Club, and (II) the anticipated length of the Player's absence from the Club.

Reactions: MuckOG

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
As far as I'm aware Hipaa only applies to medical staff and doctors, im not quite sure team employees that arent physicians are required to follow along those laws

I work for a major bio-tech company. As such, I have the potential to look at patient data from clinical trials/studies. I need to undergo HIPPA training on a yearly basis reminding me that I'm not allowed to look at, let alone disseminate publicly, any patient information without a valid reason or consent from the patient, themselves.

Reactions: GuerinUp

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
As far as I'm aware Hipaa only applies to medical staff and doctors, im not quite sure team employees that arent physicians are required to follow along those laws

The law itself specifies various medical entities (health insurers, medical services, etc).

Subsequent regulations and court cases have basically expanded it to if in your role of conducting business, you obtain medical information, you are required by HIPAA to protect it. I worked as a programmer in a large financial services company, many products sold required obtaining medical information. We had to do HIPAA training every 6 months because I potentially had access to it.

Reactions: GuerinUp

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
good to know, i wasnt aware of some of that. i did know insurance companies were on that list (i included them in my medical staff statement in my head but didnt clarify)

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
good to know, i wasnt aware of some of that. i did know insurance companies were on that list (i included them in my medical staff statement in my head but didnt clarify)

Ya, it's kind of a classic case study of our government. Congress passed a law with pretty narrowly defined rules about protecting medical information that's electronically transferred with some broad categories of what qualifies, it also laid out Congress had 3 years to more specifically define who it was applicable to or the administrative state would set the regulations. Congress sat on their hands, so the admin state defined it as any medical information regardless of how it was obtained (not strictly electronic like the law said), and any business that obtains it in their course of business.

Crappy process with the correct result I guess. If you obtain someone's medical info, you should be liable to protect it.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
what are the odds that we could adjust to build like vegas instead of trying to trade for a 1C? it feels never ending and quite impossible to acquire without drafting one. sure we do not currently have great wing depth yet, but if we shot to trade for a high caliber winger instead of forcing 1C down everyones throat we could become a bit more scary.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

That's what I thought I heard and someone told me he meant Lodnia. Hopefully he can hit the ground running in the AHL, and he can get top 9 time. Nothing would be worse than to yank him from Russia and have him sit in the press box every other game.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
That's what I thought I heard and someone told me he meant Lodnia. Hopefully he can hit the ground running in the AHL, and he can get top 9 time. Nothing would be worse than to yank him from Russia and have him sit in the press box every other game.

I told you that. I heard Khovanov, but since Russo has never mentioned it before.....nor is there is any other source that I could find through Google that says Khovanov is coming over.......so I just assumed that he meant Lodnia, because that has been confirmed that he's leaving the KHL for Iowa.

Interesting.

Reactions: AKL

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Walking into this late, my apologies. Both Khovanov and Lodnia are reporting to Iowa? If so, that could be a pretty deep team this year!

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Walking into this late, my apologies. Both Khovanov and Lodnia are reporting to Iowa? If so, that could be a pretty deep team this year!

I think so.

Piggybacking off this, anyone know what the lines could look like in Iowa this year with essentially their first line on the taxi squad?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Sokolov is their highest scoring returning player right now. All of the AHL teams will take a hit because of the taxi squads, but I would be surprised if Iowa is any good.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Still, players already agreed to the conditions under which that are playing, so nothing is being violated here.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Sokolov is their highest scoring returning player right now. All of the AHL teams will take a hit because of the taxi squads, but I would be surprised if Iowa is any good.

This is a good point, I wasn't thinking about the Taxi squads, which their leading goal scorer is now a part of. I don't think they'll be bad, though. I think they'll be just like the Wild: in the middle.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
This is a good point, I wasn't thinking about the Taxi squads, which their leading goal scorer is now a part of. I don't think they'll be bad, though. I think they'll be just like the Wild: in the middle.

Anas is also gone who is a hell of an AHL player.

The interesting part is what players other NHL teams send to the Iowa roster.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I really wish BG would have brought back Granlund to play C...

He wasn't a 65 point C, but he was a 50 point one...

Reactions: Spurgeon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad