Minnesota Wild General Discussion XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Bartkowski on the active roster sounds like an awful time.

Looks like he had a follow up tweet that if Bartkowski is kept on the active roster, the choice for taxi squad is between Mermis and Belpedio.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I think that the Wild are going to see a major change at the forward position next year:

UFA:
Johansson
Bonino
Foligno
Bjugstad

RFA:
Fiala
Hartman
Eriksson-Ek
Kaprizov

They'll only have 5 forwards under contract, and that doesn't count if the Kraken decide to take Greenway over Soucy.

Fiala, Kaprizov are definitely coming back. But it's a toss up if they will qualify Hartman and if Eriksson-Ek doesn't get sent packing if he doesn't take another step developmentally.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fiala, Kaprizov are definitely coming back. But it's a toss up if they will qualify Hartman and if Eriksson-Ek doesn't get sent packing if he doesn't take another step developmentally.

No...

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I think that the Wild are going to see a major change at the forward position next year:

UFA:
Johansson
Bonino
Foligno
Bjugstad

RFA:
Fiala
Hartman
Eriksson-Ek
Kaprizov

They'll only have 5 forwards under contract, and that doesn't count if the Kraken decide to take Greenway over Soucy.

hopefully all 4 of those UFA get us some draft picks coming back our way.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Figured those overager ahl guys would spot the taxi squad. Someone like Bart is for a pinch like on the road and can't get someone from Iowa, otherwise you're likely never going to start him if you can move people around Iowa and taxi.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Me too; I think Johansson may snag a late 2nd or early 3rd, Bonino a 2nd, Foligno a 2nd (or even late first if bound with something), and Bjugstad a 6th or 5th.
im hoping by playing bjugstad with kap that he finds a way to hit 30 points this season at least and bump that 5th or 6th a bit higher. i dont expect any 1sts to come our way but im hopefuly for some 2nds and 3rds.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Bartkowski on the active roster sounds like an awful time.

Looks like he had a follow up tweet that if Bartkowski is kept on the active roster, the choice for taxi squad is between Mermis and Belpedio.

No real reason to put Bartowski on the taxi squad vs active roster if they want him available.

Bartowski is on a one way deal, so there are no cap savings putting him on the Taxi squad like the ones on a two way deal. Additionally, taxi squad players have to be called up by 5 pm if they are to play that night, having Bartowski on the active roster could be inserted at until gametime.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

UFA:
Johansson
Bonino
Foligno
Bjugstad

RFA:
Fiala
Hartman
Eriksson-Ek
Kaprizov

Eriksson Ek's floor has become a good defensive #3C. There's no reason to send somebody like that packing unless it's a part of something else. There's certainly no reason to do it just to do it.

Reactions: Aurinko and MNRube

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
No real reason to put Bartowski on the taxi squad vs active roster if they want him available.

Bartowski is on a one way deal, so there are no cap savings putting him on the Taxi squad like the ones on a two way deal. Additionally, taxi squad players have to be called up by 5 pm if they are to play that night, having Bartowski on the active roster could be inserted at until gametime.
yes there are. Taxi squad players are considered to be in the AHL as far as cap is concerned.

Reactions: TaLoN

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Yeah this is the part I don't like

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Bartowski is on a one way deal, so there are no cap savings putting him on the Taxi
Absolutely there is. He doesn't count against the cap on the taxi squad. Same as if he was in Iowa.

The only thing the one way contract means, his salary doesn't change when on the taxi squad.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Absolutely there is. He doesn't count against the cap on the taxi squad. Same as if he was in Iowa.

The only thing the one way contract means, his salary doesn't change when on the taxi squad.

Fair. But we also don't really need the capspace.

As is, any significant move isn't going to be restricted by the 700k aav as we'd be sending cap back. We're still going to have 11 million available at the TDL.

Reactions: TaLoN

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Fair. But we also don't really need the capspace.

As is, any significant move isn't going to be restricted by the 700k aav as we'd be sending cap back. We're still going to have 11 million available at the TDL.
This past offseason pretty much proved that you can never have enough cap space.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Would anyone be upset if the Wild grabbed Oliver Kylington? I wouldn't hate him as a Hunt replacement.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Filip Chlapik, Rudolfs Balcers also apparently on waivers from the Sens

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Eriksson Ek's floor has become a good defensive #3C. There's no reason to send somebody like that packing unless it's a part of something else. There's certainly no reason to do it just to do it.

We didn't think Kunin would get traded either; Eriksson-Ek is underrated as a defensive forward, but it depends on term with him and if he takes that next step offensively. Even Joel Armia scored more than 10 goals in his career a few times.

As for Kylington - no. Already jammed with decent defenseman.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
We didn't think Kunin would get traded either; Eriksson-Ek is underrated as a defensive forward, but it depends on term with him and if he takes that next step offensively. Even Joel Armia scored more than 10 goals in his career a few times.

If I could pick one guy from Canadiens, I would pick Armia. He is Ultra versatile and plays defensive role only Because that is what they demand of him.

I feel Ek is in a similar boat. He is More valeuable than stats say and he does exactly what is demanded from him.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013

Bartkowski is on a 2 way deal

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

And it’s yet to be determined if it was a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad